Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snafu
    • Apr 2008

DJI very nice deepti... again i never normally ask but interested to see it on, i may have to track one down for myself.

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      These would've been my first A1923 purchase, too. That deep tone of black is something else, isn't it?

Sick Deepti sweater, too. Would've bought it also if it wasn't made for people with 0% BMI.

P.S. I am sorry you have to live with carpeted floors.
      thankfully the carpet is only in the bedroom and closet!

the A1923's are a great matte black, kinda hard to see with the crap lighting (overcast Seattle right?). for what it's worth I still like my Carol and grandma+ boots better but these are a nice example from what I've handled from Simone.

the Deepti is unforgivingly clingy but I was quite enamoured by it when I tried it at EM. will try to post a WAYWT with it when it gets a bit cooler around these parts.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Yeah, I came dangerously close to pulling the trigger. Still out of my budget, unfortunately.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• okayvin
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Did that and got complaints. People should also put some effort into posting. It doesn't have to be all me.
          that photo is tiny now. we can't see any details

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by smudge View Post
            Wow, brutal. Have you tried wearing a long sleeve underneath it?

@Trigger I hear ya. Luckily the plates are only evident on me when i have my arms flexed perfectly straight which is pretty rare. Maybe it's due to my bad posture or wearing so many garments with articulated sleeves... but I typically walk around with my elbows a little bent
            wait im talking about the tejana but i guess it can apply to your jacket too lmao, although because theres an actual physical object in there it bothers me less
            Originally posted by unwashed
            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
            Originally posted by Ahimsa
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Blacknight
              • May 2013

Originally posted by dji View Post

first A1923 purchase
              So nice. Best iteration of the double-zips in my opinion. Really gorgeous leather. Safe to say that I'm envious.

Comment

• Law
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by dji View Post
                the Deepti is unforgivingly clingy but I was quite enamoured by it when I tried it at EM. will try to post a WAYWT with it when it gets a bit cooler around these parts.
                Am I right in assuming that it will naturally tarnish over time, in the same way that sterling silver thread will?

Comment

• dji
                  • Feb 2008

that is the idea Law! from memory there was a pre-tarnished version produced as well.

Comment

• r3dbarr0n1
                    • Jul 2015

I was in New York for the weekend and decided to stop by BBSNY. Absolutely awesome store with great people. Picked up a handful of pieces. P13RF "Dark Red" and TS2 from BBSNY and a pair of BAMBA 4s from Darklands Berlin.

Had to do this one in black & white. BAMBA 4 from Darklands Berlin.

Comment

• tylerpatrickbrand
                      • Sep 2015

Picked up a couple of Lumen Et Umbra pieces today. A pair of pants, and a long sleeve shirt. Quickly becoming one of my favourite current brands.

Comment

• voltbird
                        • Feb 2014

Marsèll boots, a great find at under $200 and with very light wear. Temporarily filling the Guidi-shaped hole in my heart...

Comment

• gregor
                          • Oct 2014

that guidi shaped hole in your heart should easily be filled by marsell for quite some time. miss my pair dearly, they're a great company in every regard.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                            • Jan 2013

I haven't been to as many boutiques as a lot of the members here, but I'd like to think I've been to a fair share, and the service at L'Eclaireur really blew me away. They didn't push me to buy anything, but this Layer-0 coat was too good to resist. Full body shot just to show the whole coat - unfortunately lighting sucked so it's not a very good pic.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
                              I haven't been to as many boutiques as a lot of the members here, but I'd like to think I've been to a fair share, and the service at L'Eclaireur really blew me away. They didn't push me to buy anything, but this Layer-0 coat was too good to resist. Full body shot just to show the whole coat - unfortunately lighting sucked so it's not a very good pic.

That is certainly a first.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
                                • Apr 2008

In my experience i have never felt pushed to buy anything when i'v been there. Unlike other stores it one i actually feel comfortable to browse without n assistant following you around.

On the topic of that coat, i love really long coats however i think that may need taking up a touch, but like you said the lighting doesn't help.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎