X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • r3dbarr0n1
    • Jul 2015

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    Mainline isn't that good either, and the price reflect it. also ma Julius doesn't exist anymore so you don't have to worry
    True, the difference is like 11bybbs to Boris Bidjan Saberi. 11 has good construction quality, but the mainline is far superior.

Though Julius construction difference isn't as drastic.
    Last edited by r3dbarr0n1; 05-19-2016, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by r3dbarr0n1 View Post
      True, the difference is like 11bybbs to Boris Bidjan Saberi. 11 has good construction quality, but the mainline is far superior.
      the 11byBBS line has improved their quality a lot since the first season.
      I got a hoody from the first season and I hate to say it but the quality is really shit. I already had to have it repaired a couple of times and new holes just keep appearing.... the color dye seems poor quality, the black is fading and looking grey, the fabric is thin and feels poor quality, etc. etc.

Many stores didn't even want to carry it at first, probably also due to the lower quality level (Daad, PNP etc. now sell 11bbs... which was not the case at first... and you can definitely tell also in their prices, they have increased substantially I think).

I got another hoody from fw14 and the quality is really awesome now. inferior to main line yes, but remains extremely good.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

pnp stopped selling 11 though, and my last season shorts were poorly dyed.
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
          pnp stopped selling 11 though, and my last season shorts were poorly dyed.
          well, seems 11bbs line remains quite a mystery... I read so much bad stuff about it at first, then a lot of praise even around here on SZ more recently...

my experience with it is limited to a couple of hoodies and mostly P1 jeans... those are really great imo, and the quality is really great, thick, solid, nicely cut... (I have 3 of them). I was surprised by the quality of the hoodie I bought recently, really nice thick cotton, riri zips, ... of course below main line hoodies...

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

the P1s are hit or miss, I wasnt feeling the ones this season too much, and the other pants with the weird felt circles was just odd for me.
            Originally posted by unwashed
            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
            Originally posted by Ahimsa
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
              well, seems 11bbs line remains quite a mystery... I read so much bad stuff about it at first, then a lot of praise even around here on SZ more recently...

my experience with it is limited to a couple of hoodies and mostly P1 jeans... those are really great imo, and the quality is really great, thick, solid, nicely cut... (I have 3 of them). I was surprised by the quality of the hoodie I bought recently, really nice thick cotton, riri zips, ... of course below main line hoodies...
              This season was undoubtedly the best one for 11. My hoody is amazing - slightly asymmetric fit that's well thought out, and not just gimmicky (i.e. "let's put a zipper at an angle), two different fabrics with slight variations, excellent treatment, riri zippers, quality pullers. It would not be out of place in any designer's main line, let alone a second line.

11 definitely had problems in the beginning, but it looks like BBS sorted them out.

Yes, there are logos and patches and what not. But don't forget who it's aimed at, mostly young kids for whom the mainline is unattainable. It's streetwear, and that's totally fine. We can get so jaded that we forget that there is an entire world out there of young kids who are looking up to the SZ aesthetic but cannot afford it. Not that 11 is inexpensive, but still not as expensive as the main line.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                We can get so jaded that we forget that there is an entire world out there of young kids who are looking up to the SZ aesthetic but cannot afford it. Not that 11 is inexpensive, but still not as expensive as the main line.
                true! and not just for young kids I'd say....

I'm not a young kid anymore (35) but BBS mainline prices are definitely out of my budget ! my bbs mainline stuff is mostly things I bought on sale or second hand, so I'm indeed happy there are cool quality pieces at more affordable prices in the 11 line....

Comment

• Ahimsa
                  Vegan Police
                  • Sep 2011

Yes, there are logos and patches and what not. But don't forget who it's aimed at, mostly young kids for whom the mainline is unattainable. It's streetwear, and that's totally fine. We can get so jaded that we forget that there is an entire world out there of young kids who are looking up to the SZ aesthetic but cannot afford it. Not that 11 is inexpensive, but still not as expensive as the main line.
                  That NYFW launch party was a testament to that. Hip-hop, young models, and kids.
                  StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• jap808
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by r3dbarr0n1 View Post
                    Picked up this really cool BBS P4 from darklands berlin.

Fit is similar to a P13. The drop crotch with the tight fit gives a really cool look!
                    My seasonal wet dream... Would you mind post a fit pic in waywt?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Buy mine in the classifieds (not crushed and oily, but awesome).
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jap808
                        • Dec 2012

Buy mine in the classifieds (not crushed and oily, but awesome).
                        I've seen your stuff and would've bought BBS and the Memphis, but I'm way too big for them: I need at least a sz.50...

Comment

• Twiterski
                          • Aug 2014

Paul Hardnen Pickups

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Twiterski; 12-06-2015, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• r3dbarr0n1
                            • Jul 2015

Originally posted by jap808 View Post
                            My seasonal wet dream... Would you mind post a fit pic in waywt?
                            Not at all though unfortunately I believe I don't have enough posts to post there yet...

Comment

• r3dbarr0n1
                              • Jul 2015

Originally posted by jap808 View Post
                              I've seen your stuff and would've bought BBS and the Memphis, but I'm way too big for them: I need at least a sz.50...
                              Same here... Im an XL in anything relating to pants when it comes to Boris. That being said I can fit into a L, but its just too tight for me personally.

Comment

• round
                                • Aug 2015

Carpe Diem 6 Hole Boots, on their way :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎