• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Re: Recent Purchases

while we're on audio

just got a aura 15" for my hatch haha ;)

Comment

• Avantster
      ¤¤¤
      • Sep 2006

^haha nice, D, you drive an Audi right. What system/amp you got in there?

Wow Johnny, some great pick ups there. I would love to see pictures of you wearing any of them.

Nicely done on the Ann shirt Les, mind me asking how much? Is it the one with the double back straps? I've been scouring Y! for one.

Bit late but great Raf sweater Faust. I know you've been after one for a while.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

nah, just a (lowly) mazdaspeed3 haha - it's treating me very well though.

i'm doing my own install so it's coming together slowly - i currently can't listen to any music as i tore everything out.

car audio can be fashionable too - take a look at my components

a few of these:

these up front:

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

My damage from the weekend. [79]

RO black pants w/ leather panels (these fit amazing!) (Sorry for the bad pics...)
          DRKSHDW dirty white l/s
          DRKSHDW gimp hoodie

And my story from my Maxfield visit....

So I went in to check out the Rick Owens that had arrived as well as try on the trainers that an SA had put on hold for me earlier in the week. I go in, check out the rack of stuff, looking for knit wear and notice two v-necks being sold; One is from F/W 05/06 and the other is from SS07, both being sold for full retail. I ask one of the SA's if they're expecting any sweaters for Fall, he said that those two are it. I then proceeded to point out the tags.....he pauses....then states Rick Owens sometimes mislabels his clothing...hmmm...
          On to the shoes. I ask to try them on, I do so but I inform him I didn't quite like the color so I'm gonna pass on these and look for the black/white version. The same SA then says something to the effect of, "He didn't produce any black leather trainers for Fall, only Darkshadow and a suede version." I didn't say anything....He then got the black suede version, which just so happened to be from Spring 07....

It sometimes boggles my mind that some people in sales don't know a thing about what they are selling. And it's especially funny when the customer knows more than the SA.

Anyway....this is why I shop online and order from Atelier!
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• andrewislasorad
            • Nov 2006

[quote user="Casius"]RO black pants w/ leather panels [/quote]

What was the damage on these, I wouldn't mind a 'winter' version to go along with the organza ones I have. The fit is a total ace, I really love the fit and cut of Ricks pants.

Oh..and Maxfield's staff is insanely horrible, no question about that. On the phone they don't want to have anything to do with you, in the store they wont leave you alone.

Comment

• DHC
              • Jul 2007

^ Let me guess Cas. SA had a shaved head?
              Originally posted by Faust
              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• irrlicht
                • Jan 2007

nice purchases cas! those jeans are expecially badass.. love how they fit. if you think maxfield's reps are bad you should come to canada and talk to some of the sales rep at holt renfrew..

and brian: here are the two other pics of the shirt. i got it for $250.. it's not the ones with bondage at back (i think chris has those and they go crazy expensive on y!)

Comment

• tony
                  • Sep 2007

ahh i tried the black ro pants on but the leather between my legs was iritating......[76]

but they fit really good, you´re right

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user="andrewislasorad"]

What was the damage on these, I wouldn't mind a 'winter' version to go along with the organza ones I have. The fit is a total ace, I really love the fit and cut of Ricks pants.

Oh..and Maxfield's staff is insanely horrible, no question about that.

[/quote]

Andrew- They were $770 from Maxfield. A little pricey, but they are absolutely stunning. The leather is so soft and the fit is slim, but not overly tight. Plus, the weight is perfect for Fall.

DHC- He had hair. But I think there's only 2 male SA's working there so it shouldn't be too hard...haha.
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• DHC
                      • Jul 2007

[quote user="Casius"][quote user="andrewislasorad"]

Oh..and Maxfield's staff is insanely horrible, no question about that.

[/quote]

Andrew- They were $770 from Maxfield. A little pricey, but they are absolutely stunning. The leather is so soft and the fit is slim, but not overly tight. Plus, the weight is perfect for Fall.

DHC- He had hair. But I think there's only 2 male SA's working there so it shouldn't be too hard...haha.

[/quote]

Yeah, and apparently both are inept. (j/k...or am I???) They hustle, I'll give them that, but product knowledge should be a priority. Great purchases by the way. [Y] The pants look like they have a very nice cut through the thigh area.

Originally posted by Faust
                      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Orochi
                        • Sep 2007

[quote user="irrlicht"]

if you think maxfield's reps are bad you should come to canada and talk to some of the sales rep at holt renfrew..

[/quote]

hehehehe.......[74]

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

[quote user="Casius"]My damage from the weekend. [79]

RO black pants w/ leather panels (these fit amazing!) (Sorry for the bad pics...)
                          DRKSHDW dirty white l/s
                          DRKSHDW gimp hoodie

And my story from my Maxfield visit....

So I went in to check out the Rick Owens that had arrived as well as try on the trainers that an SA had put on hold for me earlier in the week. I go in, check out the rack of stuff, looking for knit wear and notice two v-necks being sold; One is from F/W 05/06 and the other is from SS07, both being sold for full retail. I ask one of the SA's if they're expecting any sweaters for Fall, he said that those two are it. I then proceeded to point out the tags.....he pauses....then states Rick Owens sometimes mislabels his clothing...hmmm...
                          On to the shoes. I ask to try them on, I do so but I inform him I didn't quite like the color so I'm gonna pass on these and look for the black/white version. The same SA then says something to the effect of, "He didn't produce any black leather trainers for Fall, only Darkshadow and a suede version." I didn't say anything....He then got the black suede version, which just so happened to be from Spring 07....

It sometimes boggles my mind that some people in sales don't know a thing about what they are selling. And it's especially funny when the customer knows more than the SA.

Anyway....this is why I shop online and order from Atelier!
                          [/quote]

That's so funny. i went to barney's today and tried on a large RO leather that was actually a small and fit me perfectly. They had a small labeled leather that was way too big. more like a large. then i went up a floor and asked to see the dark shadow collection and the SA showed me the "Dark Shadows" collection ( a huge white label on the rack saying as much) and i said isn't it dark shadow by Rick owens and he said its too expensive to be RO. and i said i'm pretty sure you're wrong and i'm pretty sure the name doesn't have the S on the end, and pointed out a t-shirt that detailed as much...how painfully embarrassing and depressing.
                          i went down to atelier and had a good laugh about it with them!

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

got the luc heavy cotton overlocked pants today. philip, when did you go to atelier today?
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• badseeds
                              • Mar 2007

Cas, nice pants. I have got the same pair, too. Also the other pair with leather patches.still in mail tho,cant wait......

P.S.: sent you a pm. : )

Comment

• Avantster
                                ¤¤¤
                                • Sep 2006

D feels good to do your own install eh? I'm waiting for the next car to install my own system..

Nice pickups Cas. Funny story - I was once told by an SA in HK that Raf Simons doesn't make anything smaller than a Sz.48 'cause they didn't have anything smaller in stock... go figure.

Thanks for the other pics Les, $250 is not bad at all. Two straps for another $450 is a joke!

Ok, after waiting for two months and some sweet discounting through my channels in HK my new baby has arrived! Canon EOS 400D and EF-s 17-85mm IS USM Lens. Hope to be sharing some improved photography with you guys in the future.

Picked up these YY Noir lo tops dirt cheap from Pollyanna (35GBP from 180GBP retail). Polka dot one for Mrs Avantster :-)

Black felt fedora hat

KVA polo thanks to Les

I was so excited that these came today but I'm so bummed out that these Yohji boots do not fit me. I may have to put them up on supermarket [70]

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎