• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Recent Purchases

[quote user="mike lowrey"][quote user="LanceP"]

This knit piece looks great. May I ask where you picked it up? The Library?

[/quote]

LVR (with their nice markup..), havent seen it anywhere else. even the RO store only had some variation which was more oversized and thicker.

[/quote]

Barneys has it here. It's really nice [Y]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Johnny, I love the sound of your Lanvin. [64] I'm glad you were able to find some Junya you liked as well. It doesn't look very appealing at Barney's, probably because they have it on the coop floor, crushed between various denim and diffusion lines. [:(]

I am awaiting this Jurgi Persoons coat.[75]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I'm so happy you got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laika, let them keep Junya right where it is. Gives it more chance for me to pick it up on sale.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Johnny"]

Faust what is FUD?

[/quote]

Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt

[/quote]

Thanks, interesting. Never heard of it, but have certainly come across it!

On a more juvenile front, (round these (real not virtual) parts) "fud" is a colloquial slang wordfor a lady's, ahem, private area.Or a stupid person, as in - "Shut it ya fud".

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ lol

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

Thanks Laika. I admit to struggling a bit with Junya, but I had my eye on the Barbour jacket since I saw it on the runway. There are a lot of dodgy pieces in the collection though. I'm a big fan of the womenswear though.................Helena got a grey washed wool overcoat thingy, beautiful.

Your coat is lovely incidentally. I've never seen any of his stuff, don't know anything about it, but the coat looks great. Where did you get it from?

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

[:O]

That coat is WICKED!!

Originally posted by Faust
                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Avantster
                  ¤¤¤
                  • Sep 2006

Mike, great C.Diems. I think they'll serve you well. Where did you find them? Searching for a pair in a smaller size has been quite the task.

[quote user="Faust"]Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt[/quote]

It sure does pay to be informed [Y]

And that is a cool coat, Laika!

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

god I love that Persoons' "nervous" stitching.

I'm considering doing something like it on a white on white tee.... maybe black on black with the thicker thread being sliiiiightly shiny....

great purchase Laika!!!!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

Thanks for the comments guys! [75] The coat is from ebay, which is pretty much the only place to find Jurgi these days. I will try to post pictures of it and my Dries boots, if I can just get my camera up and running.

Albert, i would love to see your attempt at "nervous" stitching...would be a very cool complement to all that solemn overlock. [73] You certainly have the skills to pull it off.

Johnny, I think Helena made a great choice with a Junya coat. The dresses (which were initially the most attractive thing to me) are not nearly as impressive as the outerwear I've seen. Did she get one of the twisted ones? I agree that some of the men's stuff is not so good...it's the quality that seems dodgy to me, which is something I've not experienced with a comme line before. [79] Sorry you never got to experience Jurgi's stuff--from what I can tell, I think you would have liked it a great deal.

Faust, I wonder if we could have a Jurgi Persoons thread, at least for the sake of an archive? Although, I don't have many images, unfortunately. [:(]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Thanks for the comments guys! [75] The coat is from ebay, which is pretty much the only place to find Jurgi these days. I will try to post pictures of it and my Dries boots, if I can just get my camera up and running.

Albert, i would love to see your attempt at "nervous" stitching...would be a very cool complement to all that solemn overlock. [73] You certainly have the skills to pull it off.

Johnny, I think Helena made a great choice with a Junya coat. The dresses (which were initially the most attractive thing to me) are not nearly as impressive as the outerwear I've seen. Did she get one of the twisted ones? I agree that some of the men's stuff is not so good...it's the quality that seems dodgy to me, which is something I've not experienced with a comme line before. [79] Sorry you never got to experience Jurgi's stuff--from what I can tell, I think you would have liked it a great deal.

Faust, I wonder if we could have a Jurgi Persoons thread, at least for the sake of an archive? Although, I don't have many images, unfortunately. [:(]

[/quote]

http://fashion-critic.blogspot.com/2...-persoons.html

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

Gorgeousness! I completely forgot you had that in your archives. [:O]

What I remember most about his clothes is how exquisitely [un]finished they were. No one has ever made tattered and undone with such exquiste quality and chic. [64]

Comment

• sam_tem
                            • Apr 2007

anyone know how these indigo selvedge cloak jeans from the past season fit? i went ahead and got a sz 34 which is the size that fits me in the herringbone and m400 skinny jeans so i'm hoping these fit slim as well or i'm going to pissed at myself.

also, i swear i'm not a cloak fanboy

cloak selvedge jeans

cloak tuxedo shirt

cloak uniform shirt

cloak driving blouson

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                              • Nov 2006

[quote user="sam_tem"]

anyone know how these indigo selvedge cloak jeans from the past season fit? i went ahead and got a sz 34 which is the size that fits me in the herringbone and m400 skinny jeans so i'm hoping these fit slim as well or i'm going to pissed at myself.

[/quote]

I have those jeans in black and my size 30 measures just over 16" across the waist.

Comment

• Mirror&Rack
                                • Sep 2007

Laika: Beautiful acquisition. A classic.

Faust: Nondeska, on the FUD. I was wondering.

FUD indeed, and yeah, that's what i thought, when it came to inventory, but i remembered that they don't ever pay more than 60% of wholesale, even for the most desired work. so with the benefit of the doubt given, i could see that maybe, i stress maybe, that's possible...... but really now? i could see a couple of stylists dropping close to the seven digit mark, but only a couple. no private wearer would spend anything close, 100k/yr maybe but certainly not 1mill. absurd.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎