Re: Recent Purchases

A perfectly fitted tuxedo shirt...

Finamore Napoli

edit: Man I look terrible. Long day at work, I suppose! :D

Comment

• ionn26
      • Feb 2007

Alright.. here is my two cent.. I would think that there would not be too much demand for 10K jacket.. I mean.. gosh.. Dolce(for the lack of better comparison) has a leather shearling selling at 5K and it is just hanging on the rang..

Anyway.. I was actually very excited about the leather hoodie too... but I would expect something very glorious too for 10K... I am not convinced.. I was tempted to see if may be I should get it.. but so far... mewh...

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Crazy jacket! The details and the dye job on them is fantastic.... I'd just be way to paranoid to wear that thing anywhere and get even just water on it. Love to see just some straight up shots of it though.

My CCP suit from A arrived yesterday. The pants fit sliiiim through the legs but ruch nicely at the knee . The jacket fits great as well. For a little while I thought about maybe exchanging it for a size 52, but I think the 50 is pretty damn good. A 52 in the jacket would just be too big in the chest. I don't even need to have the legs taken up. Perfect length for 6' while generating a neat silhouette.

If you've got the money to spend and are on the market for a pretty versatile suit, this is a great candidate guys!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Albert- It looks great! Very nice slim silhouette and makes you look really tall!
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

very nice. i'm going to try on the 50 this weekend.
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Thanks guys! Cas, I highly recommend it. It's not like other CCP jackets/pants at all. They really did create something special for A over at CCP... fabric, finish, everything is just plain perfect. If you need a suit, give it a go.

.... now I need some laceups to match it... hahaha

Joey, try it on! I bet your girlfriend will love it. There's no way she wouldn't!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• analog
                • Dec 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Albert- It looks great! Very nice slim silhouette and makes you look really tall![/quote]I agree. Can't really make out the details, but judging by the silhouette it looks better on you than it does on the A model.

Comment

• uparmoured
                  • Sep 2007

I have word that EM are getting that crazy hooded jacket in... The hood construction reminds me of that retractable kangaroo bag...

Albert: Suit fits really well from the shoulders through the arms... It seems that the cut is slimmer in the pants than the ones at EM... Nice pickup...

FS: M.A+
                  FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Yea, EM told me they were getting that jacket in a 50 I believe.

But 10K though.....do you know how much crack that can buy...it's enough to last me for.......hours. [<:o)]
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

I'll take a better pic tomorrow but thanks again guys!

Uparmoured, it'll be cool to see some photos from EM of the jointed leather jacket. It's such a cool piece but really beyond what I am both willing and able to drop on a single piece. More power to those that can do it!

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

albert, the suit jacket is taped, correct? do you think you'll wear each piece individually as well? btw, any idea on how it differs from the other suits that were made this season?
                        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

I will try to take some photos tomorrow and post up here the details about it. The suit jacket is taped on the inside with a fabric tape (not the clear or black plastic tape) so it hold together a lot better (or seems like it when compared to my tape seam blazer) and is really strongly constructed.

I chose the suit because I knew that I could wear each piece separately without a problem. The pants are the perfect weight and fabric (that not-quite-dress-fabric-but-not-quite-super-casual-fabric that Carol get so perfectly) and of course the jacket is sick as all hell. Not sure how it compares to the other suits this season but if anything I think the fabric usage is different than what else is out there this season. Judging from Uparmoured's suit, it has a different structure to it as the A suit is a matte black and doesn't ruch up in the same fashion as his does. Also the wrinkles do not stay in the fabric that easily in the A suit.

Also on the tag it says" Carol Christian Poell for Atelier New York" which is kinda neat haha. My suit is #10 of the 15 total. Man, with the buying power of this forum (I believe 3-4 suits are owned by people on here and JoJo owns one... and probably so do all the other guys at A), that doesn't leave many left.

Comment

• dontbecruel
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

It's such a cool piece but really beyond what I am both willing and able to drop on a single piece. More power to those that can do it!

[/quote]

Where on earth is all of this money coming from? Who is it going to? Surely it can't be right.

I
                            am completely irresponsible with my pay packet and spend more on clothes than I
                            should, but I have to say I've been slightly disturbed by the way you
                            guys talk about cash like a badge of honour. And I'm not talking particularly about the 10 grand leather, it's more the ugliness of the general attitude. I hope none of you will be
                            too offended by me saying this this, but there really must be more worthwhile
                            pleasures in life.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

^ totally understand

It's all about a matter of spending within one's means. Some people here have I-banking jobs, various other jobs, or well-off families. No one seems to throw their money in anyone's face really. If you found it worthwhile and affordable to pick up item A or item B then that's really cool. Hell, stores like Atelier et al. would not be in business if it were not for the people on this forum.

At the same time, it can definitely get out of control. I (and I know many many others here) do smart shopping. Some few items are worth picking up at full retail. More often than not though, pieces come secondhand and thus are picked up at way below retail which thus makes them more reasonable. I can tell ya, I saved up for the CCP suit for a while and definitely consider it a good purchase that's not superfluous. I own 2 suits now and with more and more formal/business situations coming up in the near future, it's a necessity. It wasn't cheap, but I looked at a lot of suits and this was the most versatile one that I could wear the separates for on a regular basis comfortably and could still meld into my wardrobe.

There ARE better things in life than clothes. In the end, clothes are just clothes. I've chosen plane tickets over clothes more times than I can count. Memories, love, food, art, design are some of the best things in life and it's only fair to spread ourselves out amongst these things.

Unfortunately while I'm here at school it's hard to enjoy the nicer things in life aside from kicking it on good ol SZ looking at all the neat things people pick up!

Comment

• uparmoured
                                • Sep 2007

Yes more photos of the A Suit would be much appreciated...

I don't even know if I am going to get to sight that hooded jacket at EM... I am currently on a 3-6 months work assignment in South East Asia... Restricted travel wardrobe and crazy humid heat leaves me itching for something more...

I did pull some triggers at LAZZARIWEB... LUC Sweater, CCP Shirt, Pants and Shoes...

... and Fencing on order...

... time to work harder...

FS: M.A+
                                FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡