• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Recent Purchases

Southeast Asia!

Can be fun though.... ah the food! Worth the trip in itself!

...just stay away from the Thai ladyboys. They'll steal your kidney!

can't wait to see photos of your lazzari pickups when they arrive (Same goes for you too Joey!)

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• osn19
      • Feb 2007

Whaou that's a very special suit, perfect fit on you. I wish A. was closer !

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Thanks guys! Cas, I highly recommend it. It's not like other CCP jackets/pants at all. They really did create something special for A over at CCP... fabric, finish, everything is just plain perfect. If you need a suit, give it a go.

.... now I need some laceups to match it... hahaha

Joey, try it on! I bet your girlfriend will love it. There's no way she wouldn't!

[/quote]
      Originally posted by blacksuit
      wow .. ccp bag is more better than guidi bag?

Comment

• uparmoured
        • Sep 2007

dontbecruel: You are right to say that there must be more worthwhile pleasures in life. This may sound contradictory on my part but I know that too much consuming and taking without giving is bad for my soul... Fact is that a fair proportion of my income and time goes towards causes that matter much more than degree of curvature in a pair CCP jeans... Quality time with family and friends also ranks high in more worthwhile pleasures...

On the other hand talking about unnecessary consumerism on this forum in particular is a bit of a moot point...

Albert hits the nail on the head when he says that we have to live within our means... From my observations, for the most part, the people on this forum are fairly humble and don't consider cash like a badge of honour... There is no better look than a person who has the means, a good sense of aesthetics and humility alongside...

Albert: Mainly KL and Singapore... The food is certainly keeping me engaged... It's good to be back in the region... I will surely keep an eye out for kidney stealing ladyboys...

Also, material composition of the suit please...

FS: M.A+
        FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• osn19
          • Feb 2007

I don't think people here have attitude. At the contrary, they talk more about the clothes than the price they cost.

For myself, the money I put into clothes is (un)fortunatly money that I won't be able tu put into something else (f.e. cars), but I am happier to have a super jacket for 5k than a crappy car for the same amount (if you know what I mean : Renault, Peugeot, etc... French cars sucks !). And ccp, cdiem, etc fortunatly have the good tatse not tot put their brand name on the items, so 99% of the people in the street won't give a f... about what you are wearing. That's good. You know what you wear and how much you spent, they don't and they don't even care.

What I thing is more vulgar, is to wear a 100$ belt with a big D&G on it so that everybody can see. I can understand why some (most ?) people do that, but I guess this is definitly not the behaviour of SZ members. "Tous les gouts sont dans la nature"...

[quote user="dontbecruel"]

Where on earth is all of this money coming from? Who is it going to? Surely it can't be right.

I
          am completely irresponsible with my pay packet and spend more on clothes than I
          should, but I have to say I've been slightly disturbed by the way you
          guys talk about cash like a badge of honour. And I'm not talking particularly about the 10 grand leather, it's more the ugliness of the general attitude. I hope none of you will be
          too offended by me saying this this, but there really must be more worthwhile
          pleasures in life.

[/quote]

Comment

• ionn26
            • Feb 2007

Here we go again, about CCP price and our splurge... I think this is already debated and talked.. can we move to the next topic.. more about.. may be .. well.. how we can construct a CCP piece DIY??? [75]

Comment

• xeefus
              • Oct 2007

[quote user="ionn26"]Here we go again, about CCP price and our splurge... I think this is already debated and talked.. can we move to the next topic.. more about.. may be .. well.. how we can construct a CCP piece DIY??? [75]
              [/quote]

I don't know HOW, but I sure do want those CCP J-shaped jeans... or a copy that is, 1200 bucks for jeans is insanity in denim-form... or if they are denim I dunno, I have really no clue.

There's a thread about making those J-shaped jeans but not relaly any instructions, I would really like to know. Got a friend who knows how to sew pretty well who would like to try making something similiar.

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

OSN, any chance of you getting someone to take some fit pics of the jacket for you? The details on the first few fit pics took my breath away. Looks great! [Y]

Originally posted by Faust
                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

Albert, the suit looks great. Don't trade it in for a 52. Judging from the photo, it frames you very well. [Y] Isn't it a 50/50 cotton/wool blend? How is the material as far as wrinking/creasing when worn?

Sartorialoft

Comment

• osn19
                    • Feb 2007

Thank you. People here seem to be disapointed by the pictures I posted. I will take some more this w-e and try to get the general spririt of the jacket.

For the first week, I needed one person to help me put the jacket on and off. The thing was so rigid, I could not handle it myself. Feels like a biomechanic thing Giger would make if he were in fashion.

[quote user="DHC"]

OSN, any chance of you getting someone to take some fit pics of the jacket for you? The details on the first few fit pics took my breath away. Looks great! [Y]

[/quote]

Comment

• matthewhk
                      • Jan 2007

Albert looking great in your A suit...wish I had a chance to try that suit on, the fit looks perfect.

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

[quote user="dontbecruel"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

It's such a cool piece but really beyond what I am both willing and able to drop on a single piece. More power to those that can do it!

[/quote]

Where on earth is all of this money coming from? Who is it going to? Surely it can't be right.

I
                        am completely irresponsible with my pay packet and spend more on clothes than I
                        should, but I have to say I've been slightly disturbed by the way you
                        guys talk about cash like a badge of honour.
                        And I'm not talking particularly about the 10 grand leather, it's more the ugliness of the general attitude. I hope none of you will be
                        too offended by me saying this this, but there really must be more worthwhile
                        pleasures in life.

[/quote]

I guess I've been fortunate enough to have not been witness to this on the SZ board. Maybe I just turn a blind eye? *shrugs*

And there are definitely more worthwhile pleasures in life. That cannot be argued. However, (and I can only speak for myself here) I don't think its fair to cast stones at people for having a visceral response to something and making an acquisition based on that experience. Its very personal and its not something that everyone can empathize with, but that's no reason to shut down a willingness to understand. We all have our own taste and voices and the differences are (for the better part) embraced without judgement. Which is why I love this board. I find it to be a kind of community with open arms and man that's nothing short of beautiful.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• DHC
                          • Jul 2007

[quote user="osn19"]

Thank you. People here seem to be disapointed by the pictures I posted. I will take some more this w-e and try to get the general spririt of the jacket.

For the first week, I needed one person to help me put the jacket on and off. The thing was so rigid, I could not handle it myself. Feels like a biomechanic thing Giger would make if he were in fashion.

[quote user="DHC"]

[/quote][/quote]

Rigid? Really? How so? Is it because its stiff or just because its heavy? Does the design call for a heavier more rigid leather? Would a supple leather compromise some of the design elements' integrity? LOL So many questions. Yeah, I can see a Giger-esque feel in the hood through the shoulders and arms.

EDIT: Forgive me for overposting this thread. [:$] Been away for a day and look at all that has happened in that time.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Dave is right, 50/50 cotton/wool blend for the suit and thanks again to everyone for their kind words!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Johnny
                              • Sep 2006

Albert I should also chime in - think the suits looks great, which if I'm honest I'm surprised at since I really didn't like the look of it on the A site. You lookabout 7 feet tall!

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="osn19"]

[quote user="DHC"]

[/quote][/quote]

If Giger was in fashion, I would be in heaven. I think Giger and Poell should do a collaboration.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎