• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="philip nod"]don't forget polar bear, the ultimate pelt
    [/quote]

I thought human was the ultimate pelt... although Carol has reached that apex of leatherwork by incorporating the baby foreskins into the upcoming spring coat... he hasn't yet worked with polar bear but I heard that he's going to be using some lion loin skin in the fall for small leather goods. Thin, durable, and oh so endangered. From each lion, there is only about 1 square foot of loin skin that can be used. Consider it the shell cordovan of the big cats. Decadent!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

wow that lion loin skin sounds great and is fun to type. it'll be a nice complement to the sea lion leather wallet i got in nova scotia awhile back
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="Faust"]Round 2. By now, of course, the $ sunk from two weeks ago.[/quote]

Yes, but aren't you getting it at 50% off again? Unfortunately, not free shipping, but it shouldn't be too much.
        [/quote]

Yep. Shipping is a bit expensive at 20 gbp, but is offset by VAT (25gbp). Congrats on the iMac! Should be getting mine by the end of the month (although I wonder if I should hold out for MacWorld by now).

[/quote]

It's only a couple of weeks til Macworld, right? Hold out if you can, and if they come out with anything new, even if you buy the older versions, there might be price drops. Lord knows there have been on the white plastic versions. I also recommend you buy them at Tekserve. Ironically, they know more about the Macs than the people at Apple themselves (both the phone or store salespeople - believe me, I've asked quite a few, a lot of them are like Barneys SAs[:|]) and I got mine for over $400 cheaper, especially if you order more RAM.
        [/quote]

That's good to know, thanks!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Buckwheat"]

That's acool coat bakla. I like high neck coat. Looks like you can hide your whole face in that thing.

Albert - congrat on those gloves. Great color too. What kind of lining inside?

For me, I got a Yohji shirt andcouple Paul Harnden sweaters from Pollyanna sale.

[/quote]

Sounds good, would love to see your own images.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• uparmoured
            • Sep 2007

FS: M.A+
            FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

Re: Recent Purchases

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="philip nod"]wow.. i haven't been following the hd war...why did you get hd over blu ray? what do these things run now around 1000?
              i just got hdtv up and running after blowing it off for a year....tv is like crack now. its really startling the difference.

[/quote]

The decisive factor for me was the price, actually. This model (A2) just dropped in price to $200 at your local friendly Circuit City (a pair of CCP socks, if you will), so I pulled the trigger. My sense is that the format war will end in a draw this time, and people will just make double format players. I just got an HDTV too, and watching football with the same antenna I had is absolutely incredible. No need for cable (I don't watch TV, except sports). If you want to sit on the fence, but get most out of your TV, get the same upconverting DVD player I got. It will do wonders for your regular DVDs.

[/quote]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7174591.stm

an article about the foreseen swift death of HD dvd because of time warner's decision to back blu-ray

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

ccp blazer/suit and ma+ jacket?

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="philip nod"]wow.. i haven't been following the hd war...why did you get hd over blu ray? what do these things run now around 1000?
                  i just got hdtv up and running after blowing it off for a year....tv is like crack now. its really startling the difference.

[/quote]

The decisive factor for me was the price, actually. This model (A2) just dropped in price to $200 at your local friendly Circuit City (a pair of CCP socks, if you will), so I pulled the trigger. My sense is that the format war will end in a draw this time, and people will just make double format players. I just got an HDTV too, and watching football with the same antenna I had is absolutely incredible. No need for cable (I don't watch TV, except sports). If you want to sit on the fence, but get most out of your TV, get the same upconverting DVD player I got. It will do wonders for your regular DVDs.

[/quote]

an article about the foreseen swift death of HD dvd because of time warner's decision to back blu-ray

[/quote]

Yea, saw the news over the weekend. No biggie - not like I have to throw it out (I already have a few DVDs in my collection that merit leaving this - the NIN concert and Blader Runner), and BD players will be $150-200 by the time the whole things is over.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• uparmoured
                    • Sep 2007

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

ccp blazer/suit and ma+ jacket?

[/quote]
                    BINGO!

Comment

• uparmoured
                      • Sep 2007

Whilst at Lift Etage, I had an interesting chat with the Owner/Buyer for the shop... The store was fitted out in classic arte povera style with an interesting use of magnets to secure the CCP gloves to the iron wall and hung 3D frames with a glass front to display the CCP SARS mask and M.A+ Bag and Wallets... Very nicely layed out...

She was explaining how Poell will be ceasing to use the overlock technique on his garments and moving towards an innovative fabric glue with invisible nylon stitching technique... Love how "Perforated Leather" is known as "Hole Paaanched Reather" here... They apparently have the entire line of CCP shipped to the store each pre-season for customers to browse and make pre-orders... To which she graciously invited me to if I was in town...

There were some preliminary Avantindietro was in the store... All garments were sold but there was a boot and a shoe... The construction is a real shift from the Carpe Diem form with a narrower profile, smaller heel portion and the minimization of seams...

They have also made a huge order for SS08 M.A+ but apparently no hoodies... Very peculiar...

Quite an experience...

Comment

• Buckwheat
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Buckwheat"]

That's acool coat bakla. I like high neck coat. Looks like you can hide your whole face in that thing.

Albert - congrat on those gloves. Great color too. What kind of lining inside?

For me, I got a Yohji shirt andcouple Paul Harnden sweaters from Pollyanna sale.

[/quote]

Sounds good, would love to see your own images.

[/quote]

Will do...when I get the chance to wear them.

Comment

• DHC
                          • Jul 2007

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="philip nod"]wow.. i haven't been following the hd war...why did you get hd over blu ray? what do these things run now around 1000?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The WSJ did a story on this Friday as well. Which reminds me of a write up they did Thursday. FDA may allow cloning to create breeding stock for meat and milk..wt![:O] Sorry to derail the thread a bit, but that's just crazy and your post reminded me of it.

Originally posted by Faust
                          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

uparmored- Great purchases! If I don't mind, I really want to see that coat being worn! Still one of my favorite MA+ pieces.
                            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Orochi
                              • Sep 2007

My recent haul of Unconditional's from Laundryroom/Samplerooms. A little excessive, but at such steep discounts I figured these wearable basics would serve me well for a long time. Better pics to follow when they arrive in the mail.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

uparmoured - wow thats pretty interesting. awesome purchases!

orochi - nice haul, I liked some of the pieces I saw at Concrete in London but they had quite limited sizes..

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎