X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Orochi
    • Sep 2007

Re: Recent Purchases

^ OMFG. I have to say I'm not that crazyabout Cloak because of its inconsistent quality, but once in a while I'd see some absolutely brilliant pieces by them, like this one.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Orochi"]^ OMFG. I have to say I'm not that crazyabout Cloak because of its inconsistent quality, but once in a while I'd see some absolutely brilliant pieces by them, like this one.[/quote]

Yes, it's beautiful. This is the only Cloak piece I bought at retail without even blinking. It pills like crazy though - Chris, be prepared. Having said that, I love mine. It's the coziest piece I own, like wearing a blanket. Speaking of quality, another thing is that the golden rims on the horn buttons will come apart.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="Faust"]

I got another Margiela classic (the most classic of his pieces I think, behind the biker jacket). Typical Margiela brilliance, looks simple from afar, but check out the weave [:|]

[/quote]

Never mind, canceled my order. Browns sucks.

[/quote]

Round 2. By now, of course, the $ sunk from two weeks ago.

[/quote]

Just got this in the mail. It's goooooooorgeous! Can't wait to wear it. No sign of customs duty yet....

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sbw4224
          • Sep 2006

Really nice, Faust, but I can't get the cable-knit sweater from Express/Gap out of my head. I've tried it on myself before but couldn't figure out what made it an iconic piece of his. Is that more of an elaborate weave?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"]

Really nice, Faust, but I can't get the cable-knit sweater from Express/Gap out of my head. I've tried it on myself before but couldn't figure out what made it an iconic piece of his. Is that more of an elaborate weave?

[/quote]

Well, first of all the wool is really soft and thick, and I just like the coziness of it. I can see the Gap correlation, I've said it myself about some of Margiela's work, but this looks nothing like Gap in my opinion. It's one of those pieces where one can readily see, even without touching, the difference between something cheap and something good.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Are we to argue that "designers" shouldn't make basic pieces or such pieces shouldn't be bought because similar items are available at stores such as the Gap?

Don't we all have a need from time to time for simple basic clothing from our favorite designers?

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• the breaks
                • Sep 2007

Plus it was on sale right ;)
                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• sbw4224
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="zamb"]

Are we to argue that "designers" shouldn't make basic pieces or such pieces shouldn't be bought because similar items are available at stores such as the Gap?

Don't we all have a need from time to time for simple basic clothing from our favorite designers?

[/quote]

Zamb, I was asking more because I'm looking to purchase the same piece in the future than to imply that such basics shouldn't be bought from designers. I'm a big fan of basics and could see in my future wardrobe.

Thanks for the answer Faust. Let us know how it holds up!

Comment

• bakla
                    • Oct 2006

Got my delivery from Browns today as well. Not a basic at all, but I do love these sorta details. Fits like a dream, great, almost peaked shoulders, working sleeve buttons and the newer, longer length. Thanks to those who steered me to Browns when I was looking for this piece, which nobody really wanted in London, apparently, despite it being sold out at full price here in the US last year... and since they delayed so much in getting it to me, it got marked down to 50% off...

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

glad you like it, bakla!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mesh
                        • Dec 2006

Nice buy on the prorsum knits at 75 off Chris, I was eyeing those all season but still didn't pull the trigger as I have over 20 knits total.

Comment

• DHC
                          • Jul 2007

[quote user="bakla"]Got my delivery from Browns today as well. Not a basic at all, but I do love these sorta details. Fits like a dream, great, almost peaked shoulders, working sleeve buttons and the newer, longer length. Thanks to those who steered me to Browns when I was looking for this piece, which nobody really wanted in London, apparently, despite it being sold out at full price here in the US last year... and since they delayed so much in getting it to me, it got marked down to 50% off...

[/quote]

Haha. Finally found it in a 46? I really like the silhouette and I know you've been on the hunt. Congrats!

Originally posted by Faust
                          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• bakla
                            • Oct 2006

Yeah, thanks faust, DHC - I found it last year when people suggested it on the Help Finding thread, and it took them so long to get it to me that it converted to final markdown by the time the sale was finalized.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

thanks, wire.artist.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                                • Jan 2008

[quote user="sam_tem"][quote user="BECOMING-INTENSE"]

A white Ann Demeulemeester shirt w/ detachable collar.

[/quote]

where'd you get this?

i picked up the striped one last season and would love to get some more

[/quote]

Funny enough, I've been looking for the striped shirt w/ detachable collar that Atelier had,

but of course they didn't want to ship to me here in London. I was lucky to find this one on Ebay, as new.

If my mind are not playing tricks on me, I think Aloha Rag still has it, in a size xxs, on sale for $336.

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                                Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍