X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • random
    • Dec 2007

Re: Recent Purchases

great buy George. I have been looking for that jacket in size s for quite a while. The store in canada (forgot the name, starting with H) seemed not to be willing to do phone orders tho they claimed they would. SA was not helpful AT ALL. O/w I would have bought it before xmas!

Picked up the RO fw06 sweatpants from yoox for less than $400. Yoox put them in drkshdw category by mistake.

I don't exist.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="Faust"]Bakla, that jacket looks wonderful. [64]
      [/quote]
      Thanks Faust - it's a lot more straightforward in reality (sans Rick's model, also!) especially since it's a straight body and not quite as tight in as in the photo. I might be between a 46 and 48 nowadays since this one is fitted in my shoulder area, although the body is VERY roomy Commie Rabbit, so you might be an S just by the shoulders. I was thinking briefly of selling it since I'm still waiting on another RO jacket I got at Y!J (yes, I'm on an insane Rick kick, I know), but considering the discounted price it turned out to be, I'd be crazy not to keep it.

[Y]

And now that winter is back in NYC, I can actually wear the things! Although I'm already buying Spring...
      [/quote]

Seriously - I got my Junya jacket right in time! It repels moisture and wind completely (I know have full faith in goretex), and keeps me cozy.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Davie
        • Nov 2007

Hey bakla, I would love to see some fit pics of the jacket. I wanna see how the collar looks

Comment

• bakla
          • Oct 2006

I plan on wearing it tomorrow, so I'l post pics after I get dressed! [75]

Comment

• Agent L
            • Sep 2006

Man, that's a sick piece. Please post pics with it on.

Comment

• random
              • Dec 2007

i got the same boots joey posted in GF, size 8 tho.

also got the dbss leather in mail today...unfortunately doesnt work for me. shoulders are slightly too wide while I am becoming fatter and fatter recently (thus it looks like i have got a belly.) : (

also got this cloak denim jacket

I don't exist.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Awesome purchases Random and Bakla, glad you went with the coat :)

Is DBSS something new? You got a jacket and Les got one recently too... did I miss something?

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

dbss is a japanese brand. they used to do more straight street punk styles, but have evolved this season.
                  Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Servo2000
                    • Oct 2006

I think they just really came into their own with the most recent collection (as much as these sort of japanese brands ever seem to, at the very least) and people have been buying accordingly.

edit: what he said

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• random
                      • Dec 2007

its my first experience with dbss and i really like his new collection. Previous piece are more of streetwear/punk style as joey said.

If only I didnt get much (15lbs) fatter recently...sigh: (

I don't exist.

Comment

• mortalveneer
                        • Jan 2008

[quote user="random"]

its my first experience with dbss and i really like his new collection. Previous piece are more of streetwear/punk style as joey said.

If only I didnt get much (15lbs) fatter recently...sigh: (

[/quote]

There were a few pieces from the earlier lines that I REALLY liked...searched endlessly for them to no avail...

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Happy belated Birthday to me [<:o)]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

Gorgeous Faust! Not to put a damper on it, but the hardrive on
                            my iMac just DIED after only two years. Same thing happened to my
                            old mac book that was only 3 years old before this. Good news is
                            a new 250 GB hardrive only cost me $80 and was easy to install myself,
                            so my computer is running again. Bad news is everything on my old
                            hardrive is GONE, unless I pay ridiculous data recover prices which I
                            will probably have to do because there is soooo much important stuff on
                            there. I've learned my lesson to back-up everything from now on...

Off topic, but does anyone know anything about data
                            recovery? The quotes I've been getting are in the $1000-1800
                            range which really hurts.

music

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I think there are devices sold for this, casem. You just stick your hard drive in them, and it takes care of the rest. I could be wrong.

Yea, unfortunately, these things don't last forever. A motherboard on my old iMac had died after 3.5 years. Hopefully this one will last me longer.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
                                • Oct 2006

What size did you get, Faust? I'm loving mine - haven't had much to complain about in the past two months yet, but you never know - fingers crossed!

And so far as backing things up, if you upgrade to the new OS and have an external drive to back up to, the Time Machine function will automatically back things up for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎