X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

loving the avantindietro boots!!! where did you pick them up at if you don't mind me asking? Also how much?
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kompressorkev
      • Dec 2006

[quote user="Staton Viguier"]

i also managed to pick up

damir doma pants & double layer top

attachment black j shape pants

& rick owens ram leather jacket in drkshdw

subsequently i'll be selling quite a few things in the next few daysincluding some ann d & dior homme

[/quote]

awesome pickups. may i ask where you got the attachment black j-shape pants? i've been searching stocklists for kazuyuki kumagai attachment, and i'm very hard pressed to finda place which stocks the j-pants!

some of my recent pickups:

Volga Volga multifabric reversible coat w/ oversized collar (can be folded to turtleneck...thick&very heavy)
      Volga Volga beanie
      MojoRisin' Polyurethane Coated Hard-cotton Long BlackCoat (alsosurprisinglyheavy)
      Carol Christian Poell natural band-aid belt (thanks DHC!)
      Giorgio Brato lamb leather jacket(dove grey)
      Giorgio Brato suede shoes (honey color)
      Neil Barrett merino wool sweater (black)
      Balenciaga 2-button Blazer (black)
      Drkshdw Cords (dust)

incoming soon:

AKM Rear-zip boots
      L'Maltieri Beige Cardigan
      Todd Lynn trousers

Comment

• Staton Viguier
        • Jan 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"]loving the avantindietro boots!!! where did you pick them up at if you don't mind me asking? Also how much?[/quote]

Chinorlz, i got the boots from Lift etage in daikanyama tokyo. A wonderful store. I think they were about 235,000.00 Yen so i payed about AUD$2,250.00 or something. From memory i think they got one other style of boot in, not a lace-up, but i think they sold every pair of both styles 2 or 3 days after receiving them. i guess i was just lucky

Comment

• Staton Viguier
          • Jan 2008

[quote user="kompressorkev"][quote user="Staton Viguier"]

i also managed to pick up

damir doma pants & double layer top

attachment black j shape pants

& rick owens ram leather jacket in drkshdw

subsequently i'll be selling quite a few things in the next few days including some ann d & dior homme

[/quote]

awesome pickups. may i ask where you got the attachment black j-shape pants? i've been searching stocklists for kazuyuki kumagai attachment, and i'm very, very hard pressed to find them!
          [/quote]

I got them from the attachment store in Tokyo. I'd say thats your best bet, they had a pretty good stock level of the ss range left, and their prices are incredibly low. Where are you located?

Comment

• Trendy Andy
            • Jun 2007

Those things are magnificent! Where can I get my hands on one of those?!?! [66]

-andy

[quote user="Staton Viguier"]

avantindietro boots
            [/quote]

Comment

• kompressorkev
              • Dec 2006

i believe that Staton Viguier saidthey're from LiftEtage. hide-san from sharpservice is a great proxy service touse...not sureif there's anyUS stocklists for avantindietro, but there's a few in japan:

Lift, Minorityrev, Mattotti Shelter II, Ard....and maybe Black

Comment

• matthewhk
                • Jan 2007

those avantindietro boots are nice. Just wondering: how do those feel when wearing and walking? I've been wondering about that ever since i saw how tiny the heel is on those.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

I dont think the lower heel would make much of a difference if they're comfortable otherwise. I tried on a pair of n(n) laceups with super low heels and they felt great, just lower. boots look great, would love to get a better look of the footwear :P

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• matthewhk
                    • Jan 2007

i have another question re: low heeled shoes. Given the wear that has occurred on my C Diems with a regular heel, would something like those avantindietros wear FASTER, or on the reverse be actually more durable because the friction can only do so much damage to what is barely there?

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

[quote user="kompressorkev"]thanks for the quick reply. i'm in california......was hoping to get a proxy to order from online (hide-san from sharpservice has been great), but i can't find a place online. i know the archive in SF carries attachment and they're an awesome store, my go-to place when i shop, but i'm looking to pay japanese prices for attachment stuff, plus i haven't checked outarchives s/s buy yet. i'm still going to check h. lorenzo, but i'd prefer to get it from japan.[/quote]

the archive buy is not so hot, no j pants, they have a couple of jackets that aren't my favorites. try h. lorenzo. they might be able to order it for you from the japan store. most of the good shit is gone from japan esp in smaller sizes. and basically all the j pants because no one in north america / ulf haines stocked the j pants which is unbelieveable. i think people want edgier stuff for the price points and most stores are missing that.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

i love the height of the AV shoes. is that a shoe tree finger popping up in the shoe?

I also bought my first pair of shorts in a couple of years. Jil Sander linen knee length blue/gray. really nice.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"]i have another question re: low heeled shoes. Given the wear that has occurred on my C Diems with a regular heel, would something like those avantindietros wear FASTER, or on the reverse be actually more durable because the friction can only do so much damage to what is barely there?
                          [/quote]

You didn't rubberize your sole? That would eliminate any problems I'd believe.

The avantindietro shoes are so fucking sick.... I wish I could throw down that kind of $$$ for em but not yet.... I'm still on the MA+ boot hunt!

Pnidz, it's definitely weird that no one seems to have picked up the Attachment J's outside of Japan. I'm really surprised that Ulf didn't get them. He buys sometimes-edgy-sometimes-conservative stuff and the J's would have walked that line pretty well. Did you try calling Harveys? He's got so much shit crammed into his store I didn't even know he carried LUC until he reached into a jam-packed rack and pulled some out. It's possible that he carries at least some Attachment. He carries some German based brand which I hadn't heard of before... I wish I could remember the name because the stuff looked pretty good and the prices were reasonable. I kick myself for not going back and taking a better look.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

which ma+ boots albert?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

This baller boot right here:

During early summer, I handled the prototypes of it at Rue Herold. Amadei had stopped in and given a couple of the folks there some pairs. At first I didn't really like them but they've since grown on me tremendously. The next time I went to Rue Herold, Boris there was rocking them and they really come to life when worn.

The Avant footwear looks thin, I'd just wonder how it would hold up over time in terms of creases etc. They look fucking good all in a row in that photo Pipcleo posted though that's for sure!

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

cool, baller. i haven't seen those in person...i doubt i could get my ballerina arch into them HHAHAHAHA

the AV wear looks like slippers...i like the AV line so much that its so sad its so hard to even get a chance to even look at them in person.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎