X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drexl
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

I got my Dior Luster M65 from Blackscissors a week ago, construction is pretty good, leather is nice too. Make sure you provide as much detail as possible when you're ordering. I made the mistake of not getting the sleeves slimmed down enough (6.75", they feel really loose). The sleeve zippers are really a pain though (high armholes = chunky zipper pull digging into your armpit, not very comfy), I'd suggest getting a normal seam. Oh, and the epaulettes on the sleeves came out a bit too wide (ask for around 0.75" instead) so they look wierd.

Overall, it's pretty good value for a $300 beater jacket, though I'd stick with simpler jackets, less chances that you'll end up dissapointed if one detail is off.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

You had this one made as well Drex?

Love to see photos either way!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• drexl
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

You had this one made as well Drex?

Love to see photos either way!

[/quote]

Yeah, here's a picture on the BS "model". I think I may just end up dumping it on the 'Bay. [72]

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]Albert, can you share more information about this entity. They knock off existing items and in leather!? Let's go for the gusto and get some CCP fencing jackets made! By the way I owe you one for un-reserving the size 50 aviator. I think that's the one I ended up purchasing.[/quote]

Glad you were able to score the aviator my man! We should def grab a drink next week!

Yeah they do existing items (and I would presume anything you can draw up and provide measurements for) in leather.. but at this point it's all jackets.

The crazy thing is (see the thread in the sales section of superfuture) that they charge only $300 and the products are really high quality (as can be attested by people on that forum as well as Chim on here who got one recently and handled it in person)!

They said they could do the fencing AND overlock as I sent them photos... they said they were "very familiar" with those two jackets and that doing them would be no problem. Interesting no?

They seem to have a good grasp on leathers and the world of leather. They dye and process the leathers to match Dior and Rick jackets as far as I've seen.

Funny because everyone on SuFu goes for recent Dior leathers and Rick leathers.... I'm surprised no one on that thread had posted/suggested making earlier DH leathers (especially the one I've commissioned... probably THE best DH leather jacket ever made... definitely top 3 on my list of ANY leather jacket ever made) or CCP leathers. Cas, glad you are getting one made!!

Check em out... for $300 you can't really go wrong. The only thing I'd be curious about is if they can do leather like Carol does. At least the current season fencing and overlocks are done in a softer, more flexible black. They would likely have some problems getting the leather to be like the s/s 07 overlock with that object dye processing I'd imagine.

[/quote]

Yeah let's definitely grab a drink next week. The first one's on me. I'm sure some other NY-based SZers will be interested too. The Blackscissors thing is very tempting although rife with issues ranging from questions about quality to a sense of fashion treason against my favorite designers. I have an ideological problem with bootlegging but there's definitely something to be said about ordering a "reproduction" of an early Dior jacket or a late model Poell jacket. I guess I'll dig deeper in the SuFu forums to get more input.

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Hmm, man they make all their jackets look fat in their own fit photos hahaha

I sent them super detailed photos so hopefully they'll do the forearms. I just sent them adjustments like you recommended for the epaulets.

Like you said, not bad for $300.

Photos that people have posted on the BS thread on sufu have looked pretty good so we'll see....

*edit*

The mailman just came and delivered my CCP 99-00' double zip fencing!! Also double layered Rick short sleeve tee which is oh-so comfy. Now fedex just needs to arrive....

thanks again to all those in Good Finds that helped me out with the fencing. It's not quite the same as the current season one but for $5k less, I'm very happy. Thank you SZ!!!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

AKA, I agree with you on the bootlegging aspect.

I had considered the straight up repro of CCP but it wouldn't have been the same. I got the luster DH made because it honestly just can't be purchased no matter how much money you got (within quasi-reason).

We'll definitely organize something for next week! Should be fun to just kick it

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

post pix of the ccp double zip
                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

now
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Yea, I wanna see that thing Albert!

Honestly, I went through the same thing about ordering from BS. I usually don't like to get repo's, especially from my favorite designers but I figured if I could make something totally custom based on a classic design like the fencing, then I'll do it. Just took me a bit to figure out how I wanted to change it to make it unique.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Yikes! some quick shots.... worn with scrub pants and rick tee. It's study time haha

...sans flash.

It's stiffer and thinner than the ones you guys got P & J. A little "crinkly"

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

fits very well. can the middle leather piece detach from the jacket body?
                        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

It can. I took it off and put on the jacket. It makes for an entertaining look. I need to reshape the neck portion of the center piece so that it's not so wrinkled. I think it got flattened during shipping.

Comment

• DHC
                            • Jul 2007

Looks good Albert. I've been wondering what that jacket looked like worn. I had never seen a fit pic of it. Thanks the provision.
                            Originally posted by Faust
                            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• curiouscharles
                              • Jan 2008

where did you manage to grab your double layered RO t-shirt albert? been looking for one for awhile, are they being re-issued this spring?

-

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Thanks guys!

Via proxy, I found it on spacetokyo :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎