X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mesh
    • Dec 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

Agree with pip on the jewelry, plus a predictable move and somewhat costumey purchasing everything in the same vein from the same store. Add your own personality to the mix.

Comment

• pipcleo
      • Jan 2007

yep , but we have werkstatt masquerading as the avant garde in almost every squat i like to shop

Comment

• desultory
        • Aug 2007

i like my werkstatt munchen pieces: heavy, tooled, german, hammered; from one of my favourite cities (the white sausage with cabbage slaw is astounding.) one of the reasons i like wm is it doesn't feel like overtly mannered 'jewellery', it feels manly

i like the finish on those fritsch pieces and I like germans but...

Comment

• osn19
          • Feb 2007

Where can you find Karl Fritsch jewelery ?

[quote user="pipcleo"]dont really understand the love affair with werkstatt... at least another dozen jewellers produce similar work in the same boringly repetitive gothic genre....at least its not in plastic like

the crap produced by anne dem however.

Check these out by karl fritsch and rest assured they dont grace the knuckles of every wannabe tough boy on every corner of every block in every half stylish city of the world

sorry .. no offence intended

[/quote]
          Originally posted by blacksuit
          wow .. ccp bag is more better than guidi bag?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="pipcleo"]dont really understand the love affair with werkstatt... at least another dozen jewellers produce similar work in the same boringly repetitive gothic genre....at least its not in plastic like

[/quote]

Funny you should say this. There is a WM x Ann D. chain necklaces at Atelier. Not plastic :-). Anyway, I don't care about jewelry, so it's all good. I do like Ugo Cacciatori's more subdued stuff (like the anchor necklace I got for my wife, really beautiful).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="osn19"]

Where can you find Karl Fritsch jewelery ?

Check these out by karl fritsch and rest assured they dont grace the knuckles of every wannabe tough boy on every corner of every block in every half stylish city of the world

sorry .. no offence intended

[/quote][/quote]

case in point?!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• pipcleo
                • Jan 2007

if you can find it in antipodean paradise
                you can find it anywhere ...i should think

http://www.fingers.co.nz/exhibitors/karl_fritsch.htm

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

i'm sure there are better jewelers out there, but since this is my first foray into jewelery i'm not willing to spend $1k+ for something i don't know will work for me. either way, i liked it and my gf liked it so i'm comfortable with the buy and how it works for my aesthetic.
                  Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

I dig the "Workshop Munich." They make nice easy to wear items that fit the aesthetic that a lot of this forum go for. The prices aren't absolutely out of control either and they aren't super flashy.

Silver is a great medium to work with. Easy to hammer, mold and shape and it takes on an awesome patina really easily

Faust, I didn't know there was an Ann x WM collab piece that existed at all! Gotta spend more time looking at those back display cases next time at A haha

As for the ubiquity of WM that Pipcleo mentioned, it is definitely found in every shop that carries the lines that those on SZ enjoy, at the same time it is still nicely handmade and looks good. Something to be said about the products when every store that carries "exclusive" brands all choose to carry WM as well I suppose.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

I agree with Alberton werkstatt, some of their pieces seemvery nice and the prices are not outrageous from what I've seen.

Ijust gotthis for the girlfriend and it ended up being an absolute hit like I was hoping ;)

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• AX-OV
                        • Feb 2008

Jesus III, You have the Best look ...Well Done, WELL DONE!!

Comment

• AX-OV
                          • Feb 2008

Nice, What size do you wear in the Womens? And let me know when your ready to sell the RO heels!! I cant find them ANYWHERE..

Comment

• pipcleo
                            • Jan 2007

some new plaid for the little fella

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

hahaha! Awesome pipcleo!

and Mike, great Lanvin purchase. I know you've had your eye on that one since it first hit LVR

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

hahaha! Awesome pipcleo!

and Mike, great Lanvin purchase. I know you've had your eye on that one since it first hit LVR

[/quote]

2nd

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎