X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • random
    • Dec 2007

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="Purity"]Just got this slam dunkin fw 06 Rick jacket in the mail.

[/quote]

awesome piece.

man you just reminded me of how much i loved those pants.

I don't exist.

Comment

• bakla
      • Oct 2006

[/quote]

Did you get the one in the olivine color that was on ebay some time ago?

Comment

• bakla
        • Oct 2006

[quote user="kira"]

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]I'd also argue that there's a radical difference in how the RO trainers look and wear that's contingent on the color and material. The black ones are by far the most demure and even more understated in suede than in leather. Moreover, not enough can be said about that zipper, which makes the shoe more of a hybrid boot than anything else. These things will grow on all of you...[/quote]

Agree completely. I usually do not care for shoes of this type myself. But I really think the all black ones are quite nice. Hybrid boot is great. I dont particularly care for the others with all of the white, its a bit much for my taste.

[/quote]

I'm so fighting the urge to get a pair. I love the all-black leather version, and have it on hold while I ponder the idea of spending nearly a month's rent on a pair of shoes I might not wear for more than two years. And yet I have no such qualms about spending a similar amount on a pair of pants, perhaps because I've already broken my threshold for that kind of pricing on an item. My fear, as I told Pnod, is that once I get used to it, I'll think less of purchasing at this price level. Which is the road to a sartorially elegant destitution.

If anyone needs me, I'll be at the RSG.

Comment

• kira
          • Mar 2008

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="kira"]

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]I'd also argue that there's a radical difference in how the RO trainers look and wear that's contingent on the color and material. The black ones are by far the most demure and even more understated in suede than in leather. Moreover, not enough can be said about that zipper, which makes the shoe more of a hybrid boot than anything else. These things will grow on all of you...[/quote]

Agree completely. I usually do not care for shoes of this type myself. But I really think the all black ones are quite nice. Hybrid boot is great. I dont particularly care for the others with all of the white, its a bit much for my taste.

[/quote]

I'm so fighting the urge to get a pair. I love the all-black leather version, and have it on hold while I ponder the idea of spending nearly a month's rent on a pair of shoes I might not wear for more than two years. And yet I have no such qualms about spending a similar amount on a pair of pants, perhaps because I've already broken my threshold for that kind of pricing on an item. My fear, as I told Pnod, is that once I get used to it, I'll think less of purchasing at this price level. Which is the road to a sartorially elegant destitution.

If anyone needs me, I'll be at the RSG.
          [/quote]

Well since I am in this thread and not RSG...the all-black version is quite nice to me. i say if you really want them to just go for it. it does become much easier to spend a certain amount of money on something once you become comfortable doing so for sure. however, i do believe that sometimes certain items come our way that we can not resist. i guess if you just start purchasing everything without considering the monetary ramifications that would leave to that elegant destitution that you speak of then you would have a true predicament. are you at that point? this is where the conversation transfers to RSG...

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• mesh
            • Dec 2006

Bakla think about it, eleven hundred dollars. I still cringe when I think about how much I spent on my washed calf carpes last year but these are hitop sneakers. Think about it, maybe I should be in rsg lol. But of course if you're ballin it don't matter get them.

Comment

• generic_guy
              • Mar 2007

Moma boots arrived from Yoox:

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[/quote]

thumbs up

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="mesh"]Bakla think about it, eleven hundred dollars. I still cringe when I think about how much I spent on my washed calf carpes last year but these are hitop sneakers. Think about it, maybe I should be in rsg lol. But of course if you're ballin it don't matter get them.[/quote]

agreed. bakla, don't make me take out my ninja sword.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Purity
                    • Apr 2007

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="Purity"]Just got this slam dunkin fw 06 Rick jacket in the mail.

[/quote]

Did you get the one in the olivine color that was on ebay some time ago?
                    [/quote]

No, I got the exact same one as on the runway, without the extra white shit on the collar.

Comment

• bakla
                      • Oct 2006

Mesh, kira, faust, I've decided to hold off. Barneys agreed to match the cost of Jeffrey, but I'm going to wait. My fear is that these are already past trend (assuming we think RO is trendy to begin with, but that's another story) but my main feeling is I should have bought them when I first liked them if I was going to at all, and that was a year or so ago. Plus my friend at Behaviour said he saw the NEW hightops for Fall at the showroom and they're even higher and sicker, so I might want to wait for those instead.

Purity, can't wait to see your fit pic! It didn't come with a belt, did it?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                        • Nov 2007

[quote user="bakla"]Mesh, kira, faust, I've decided to hold off. Barneys agreed to match the cost of Jeffrey, but I'm going to wait. My fear is that these are already past trend (assuming we think RO is trendy to begin with, but that's another story) but my main feeling is I should have bought them when I first liked them if I was going to at all, and that was a year or so ago. Plus my friend at Behaviour said he saw the NEW hightops for Fall at the showroom and they're even higher and sicker, so I might want to wait for those instead.

[/quote]

Be careful. Think of the long hot summer days ahead. Imagine returning to Barneys only to hear the dreaded words: sold out. This decision may come back to haunt you. [Sorry. Had to say it. Can't resist a little "baller enabling" before bedtime.]

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• bakla
                          • Oct 2006

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]

[quote user="bakla"]Mesh, kira, faust, I've decided to hold off. Barneys agreed to match the cost of Jeffrey, but I'm going to wait. My fear is that these are already past trend (assuming we think RO is trendy to begin with, but that's another story) but my main feeling is I should have bought them when I first liked them if I was going to at all, and that was a year or so ago. Plus my friend at Behaviour said he saw the NEW hightops for Fall at the showroom and they're even higher and sicker, so I might want to wait for those instead.

[/quote]

Be careful. Think of the long hot summer days ahead. Imagine returning to Barneys only to hear the dreaded words: sold out. This decision may come back to haunt you. [Sorry. Had to say it. Can't resist a little "baller enabling" before bedtime.]

[/quote]

ShutupshutupSHUTUP! AAAAAAAAH! *Runs into RSG* >Slam!<

Comment

• Purity
                            • Apr 2007

[quote user="bakla"]

[/quote]

Nope, no belt i'm afraid. I'll probably post some pics later on this evening.

Comment

• bakla
                              • Oct 2006

[quote user="Purity"][quote user="bakla"]

[/quote]

Nope, no belt i'm afraid. I'll probably post some pics later on this evening.
                              [/quote]

Yeah, I tried this on at Century 21 once but it didn't fit me right - needed the belt it was shown with, I thought - at least on my body.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

copped these

(Y's, L'Maltieri, CCP)

and these

(RAFE)

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎