X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bakla
    • Oct 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

Those Ricos are just insanely comfortable from the start - just watch out because they scuff very easily since the leather is so soft from the washing. I've always liked the boots but couldn't justify getting an 8th pair of NDCs at the time! [;)]

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Nice NDCs, Casius. Welcome.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

Haha, yea the imperials are a few months old so nothing too special.

Thanks for the info on the Ricos, I'm still unsure if I want them to get kind of scuffed, or if I should keep them in good condition. The boots were an impulse buy when someone was unloading them on ebay for $100!! I was stoked!

Thanks Faust, this is a good community here so I'm glad to be a part of it.
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• bakla
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Haha, yea the imperials are a few months old so nothing too special.

Thanks for the info on the Ricos, I'm still unsure if I want them to get kind of scuffed, or if I should keep them in good condition. The boots were an impulse buy when someone was unloading them on ebay for $100!! I was stoked!

Thanks Faust, this is a good community here so I'm glad to be a part of it.

[/quote]

You know, I mistyped. I should have said "scratched". Out of all my NDCs, these ones got pretty deep gashes on the toebox, whereas all my other NDCs just get scuffed. Scuffing I don't mind - NDC's whole conceit is that they're already pre-worn leathers. In any case, enjoy!

Comment

• khiev
            • Nov 2006

Just got these label under construction pants from yoox.

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

Bakla, the shape of those is perfect. Have fun getting them dirty. [:D]

A little schizo with my shopping lately [:S] I've now completely bewilidered myself.

TAO CDG Shawl, in charcoal grey.

Junya skirt. NOT this one, unfortunately, but quite similar, and much less expensive.

Both on very good sale, of course. [:$]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Those are some amazing purchases, laika. Junya reconstructed skirt is de rigueur and one of the most amazing items I've come across! You lucky, lucky girl! [H][Y]
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• goethe
                  • Oct 2006

laika... great buy! that tao scarf is so beautiful!

i got this for christmas! my first leather jacket so im excited... but it won't have it until late january. :(

Comment

• Buckwheat
                    • Sep 2006

goethe - the leather jacket looks yummy. Love the treatment, off center zip and the collar.

laika - great purchases on the CDGs. Won't be disappointed with all the detail works!

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Yay, Goethe!!! Congrats! Best Xmas present EVAR!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

my last try with a margiela wallet. this one better fit my cards, dammit!

[/quote]

Ok, I got it, and it works. I'm happy - it's such a fun piece!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

Goethe, that is absolutely stunning!!! You lucky girl. Please post pics when you get it.

Faust, the wallet is perfect. So glad it finally worked out.

Thanks all for the nice comments. I'm wearing the skirt right now and marvelling at how good it lucks even when I'm sitting down, lol. The Tao piece is proving quite an adventure, as it can be worn about five different ways.

Now, just need to figure out if i am romantically militant or militantly romantic. [*-)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• bakla
                            • Oct 2006

Gorgeous purchases, laika!

Went a little overboard lately considering I didn't want to buy anything... although I got a better value for my money than if I bought in Toronto:

APC epaulet shirt at 50% off (APC sale started today - whatta mob scene!)
                            Raf Simons high-waisted skinny gabardine pants with self belt (Just delivered to the Seven store today from Raf and already discounted 35% off!)
                            A gorgeous bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape wine
                            2 Julius knit tops
                            Alexander McQueen blush colored dress shirt
                            And a (previously purchased the other week) Dior cropped pea coat.
                            and quite possibly in the next couple of days, a complete new Mac desktop system.

My credit card is whimpering.

Comment

• thelion1856
                              • Dec 2006

Tanner Messenger Bag

Tanner raw belt and extra belt buckle

Tanner billfold wallet

Tanner card holder

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"]

Gorgeous purchases, laika!

Went a little overboard lately considering I didn't want to buy anything... although I got a better value for my money than if I bought in Toronto:

APC epaulet shirt at 50% off (APC sale started today - whatta mob scene!)
                                Raf Simons high-waisted skinny gabardine pants with self belt (Just delivered to the Seven store today from Raf and already discounted 35% off!)
                                A gorgeous bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape wine
                                2 Julius knit tops
                                Alexander McQueen blush colored dress shirt
                                And a (previously purchased the other week) Dior cropped pea coat.
                                and quite possibly in the next couple of days, a complete new Mac desktop system.

My credit card is whimpering.

[/quote]

I have those in jet-black worsted wool. Good buy, it's one of his signature pieces, and they look really really well on the body.[Y]

On another note, I can't believe retailers are still putting up with Raf's delivery schedule. I know A was planning to drop him because of that, but I guess they decided not to.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎