• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Re: recent purchases

[quote user="l'eclisse"]

[quote user="mesh"]Bodysuit is atrocious, i like ro sneaks.[/quote]

win

[/quote]

lose. you fuckers scared off another female member. so much for steering this forum in a unisex direction.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mesh
        • Dec 2006

[86]

mission accomplished

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

[72]
          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Nullsleep
            • May 2008

[quote user="mesh"]

[86]

mission accomplished

[/quote]

seriously?

In any case, I hope that inaya (and the rest of the female contingent) stick around. Having a fashion forum with a more even gender distribution would provide a wider range of perspectives, which is always a good thing.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="mesh"]

[86]

mission accomplished

[/quote]

that wasn't funny.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mesh
                • Dec 2006

It was sarcasm guys relax, who wouldn't want more females on here?

Fashion so serious, drinks on me to loosen yall up. Albert I still owe you.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="mesh"]It was sarcasm guys relax, who wouldn't want more females on here?

Fashion so serious, drinks on me to loosen yall up. Albert I still owe you.[/quote]

Just saying, some people don't take sarcasm lightly [:(]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mesh
                    • Dec 2006

Ya I feel you, I doubt something like that would "scare" someone off from posting on an anonymous message board anymore.

Inaya I hope you continue to post.

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

merz, you are usually very graceful with your words, and while I certainly don't dispute your motivation for critiquing the piece, I think you might have phrased your question more courteously. It probably wouldn't matter so much if inaya weren't a brand new member, but a big thumbs down and a "what on earth were you thinking," right off the bat is not so welcoming. (To say nothing of mesh's "atrocious," which is just plain rude, and not a word i have ever heard used here with respect to a fellow member's taste.[72])

I do absolutely agree about keeping opinions honest and open. But when personal choices are being questioned, I think the phrasing of critical opinions should be measured and thoughtful.[51]

***And what is the big problem with this piece, really??? It's essentially a black bodysuit with sculpted and slightly exaggerated shoulders ( a perfectly wearable version of the runway looks). I have seen a few editors who look fantastic in the jackets from this collection, esp. Carine Roitfeld, as Fuuma mentioned.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• inaya
                        • Apr 2008

[quote user="merz"]

though some will find my logic questionable in what i'm about to say, a person able to walk out of their residence in that MM bodysuit is somewhat unlikely to be terribly phased by comments made on this forum. now this isn't by far some blanket justification to being an insufferable asshole, but we're here to present our opinions and engage in some lively discourse when the opportunity presents itself - some of the most interesting commentary produced by this forum that set it apart from others of the kind has come from differences in opinion amongst those with something to say and a certain way of saying it.

what i mean to say is that keeping your opinions to yourself defeats the very point having a place like this. my original gripe wasn't with your friend, who by the way has been an excellent contributor to the forum and i hope to see her continue in that direction, but with margiela himself. sartorial design, taste and appeal are all highly subjective matters, but that collection seems lacking and downright goofy when viewed in context of his earlier work. to me, anyway - but that much should be obvious.[/quote] Your opinion on Margiela is fine; as you say, fashion is subjective. I am not offended when others don't like my unusual choices. Sometimes I wear really restricting things and sometimes really oddly voluminous silhouettes, it's just how I am. I get a lot of questions about my clothing and I am very open to discussion, of course.I don't personally like everyone's clothes and sometimes get curious of what exactly their affinity is to a certain piece, but it's always curiosity, I don't take issue with the purchase. If everyone saw things in the same way the world would be a terribly boring place.

While the post I'm quoting is entirely reasonable and if I were approached this way initially, I'd have been glad to converse with you about it. but it's obvious that "what were you thinking?" isn't the same as "could you explain the reasons you like this piece? I really found that collection to be ridiculous" or whatever. No one suggested you keep your opinion to yourself but I don't know what kind of reaction you hope to provoke when you present your gripe in such a confrontational manner.

[quote user="laika"](To say nothing of mesh's "atrocious," which is just plain rude, and not a word i have ever heard used here with respect to a fellow member's taste.)[/quote] I would also never say something like that about someone's purchase. Yes... I realize by posting, I am opening the floodgates to any type of criticizm or comments, which is what I look forward to by posting. Individual tastes and opinions are part of what make fashion interesting... however I felt some of the things said were just insulting and like I was being ridiculed a bit.

I just wanted to make clear that it's not the way people feel about my purchases that bother me, but in the manner that the respective opinions were shared. Thanks for your opinions, everyone.

Comment

• sleazie ninja
                          • Jun 2007

Comment

• mass
                            • Sep 2006

gentlemen, ladies do not really have cooties.

Comment

• mesh
                              • Dec 2006

[86]

Comment

• the breaks
                                • Sep 2007

[quote user="Faust"]

Just saying, some people don't take sarcasm lightly [:(]

[/quote]

Women, for instance[66]

Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍