• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: recent purchases

time to start banning people. the breaks, do you want to go first?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the breaks
      • Sep 2007

[quote user="Faust"]time to start banning people. the breaks, do you want to go first?
      [/quote]

I honestly don't care. But i don't think i deserve to either.

Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="the breaks"]

[quote user="Faust"]time to start banning people. the breaks, do you want to go first?
        [/quote]

I honestly don't care. But i don't think i deserve to either.

[/quote]

Banned. Come back in a month. Anyone else?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="merz"][quote user="laika"]

***And what is the big problem with this piece, really??? It's essentially a black bodysuit with sculpted and slightly exaggerated shoulders

[/quote]

you know, i've actually seen this piece (and some variations) in real life -- and made a friend try it on :)

i guess its a purely personal thing, but even though volume play is something i find interesting, widening shoulders has always kind of made me feel uneasy. I don't know why, just forms a ridiculously unappealing silhouette. Most of my favourite approaches to shoulders kind of sloped them as much as humanly possible to make them appear more narrow. Naturally it isn't for everyone, i just ..can't shake that ungraceful aftertaste them shoulder pads leave behind. But then, i don't have to wear them :)

[/quote]

I definitely see what you're saying...shoulders that just add bulk to the overall silhouette are unappealing to me as well. In the case of the MMM pieces, I think it works because he combines the exaggerated shoulder with an otherwise narrow silhouette, so it actually winds up looking quite sleek.

Here is Carine, and I think she looks great.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

She is definitely stylish.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

My friend's wife wore an MMM dress with this type of shoulder to my wedding and it looked fantastic. It reminds me of the old-school Thierry Mugler silhouette or something from Blade Runner. I'm surprised that this style is so controversial here.
              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]My friend's wife wore an MMM dress with this type of shoulder to my wedding and it looked fantastic. It reminds me of the old-school Thierry Mugler silhouette or something from Blade Runner. I'm surprised that this style is so controversial here.[/quote]

Exactly. Thank you, aka, i was starting wonder where i was!! [72][86]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• justine
                  • Jan 2007

[quote user="Faust"]She is definitely stylish.
                  [/quote]and with a broken/harmed arm! ++++~~~~tresstyle~~~

I love those MMM shoulders, I really don't get what's the big deal here.

Comment

• inaya
                    • Apr 2008

I replied and it's completely ignored. It shows that the original point was not to discuss as was claimed but rather to just be rude. And the sarcasm card doesn't exactly apply to this circumstance... I'm quite capable of taking jokes. The posters in question claimed to want a discussion or justification on my behalf via ridiculing - not sure exactly where sarcasm fits in here but if it does then it was indeed lost by me.

After they claimed they did want me to continue being a part of the community, I decided to give an honest and thorough reply last night despite how I was approached... and it was ignored. If I'm the one who doesn't "get" what is going on here, then the joke is on me, I guess! but all I was trying to do was contribute to the forum and possibly generate some discussion or get some constructive feedback.

[quote user="justine"]I love those MMM shoulders, I really don't get what's the big deal here.

[/quote]

thank you[51] and I agree... I really can't believe the result of having posted the photo of my bodysuit.

Comment

• JSebbe
                      • Mar 2008

Always liked this Ann D bag, finally have it.

Comment

• kira
                        • Mar 2008

What has been going on in here [72]

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

these last few pages are odd. i think the comments from mesh and the breaks are really quite uncharacteristic in that they seem a little "edgy"/unpleasant. it's not what i'd expect fom them, but having just re-read, i can't help thinking that they were out of place, and not particularly sarcastic.

i completely agree with wire about trying to treat posters as if they were people that you were having a physical conversation with. i think that's the right approach.sufuwaywt shit talking thread is like the end of the world being played out in front of you.

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

[quote user="Johnny"]

these last few pages are odd. i think the comments from mesh and the breaks are really quite uncharacteristic in that they seem a little "edgy"/unpleasant. it's not what i'd expect fom them, but having just re-read, i can't help thinking that they were out of place, and not particularly sarcastic.

i completely agree with wire about trying to treat posters as if they were people that you were having a physical conversation with. i think that's the right approach.sufuwaywt shit talking thread is like the end of the world being played out in front of you.

[/quote]

damn, missed out on the blood bath.

wacky shoulder pads, who cares, i grew up in the eighties, they're my first fashion memories.

im just happy that isucks new haircut didn't get a member banned---

r.i.p. the breaks. (too bad your name....)

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Johnny
                              • Sep 2006

isuck reminds me of shaggy from scoobydoo.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="merz"]thank you, sleazie, for illustrating exactly what it is that albert & winQ are always up to on the weekends.
                                [/quote]

dammit! And I missed the photo! :(

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎