X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justine
    • Jan 2007

Re: recent purchases

[quote user="Schadenfreude"]That gun is visually pleasing and fits if not belongs on a forum that's main focus is aesthetics. Especially compared to a rape whistle. [/quote]

Let's be honest, if the gun is beautiful it is mostly because of what it is/function. The same way that a skull is fascinating not because it has a nice shape, but because of what it symbolize/is. Now I'm not judging anything, arms can be beautiful, violence too (the way the waves crash on the shore); the _only_ thing is to be really careful about such a powerful object, it scares me to think what could go wrong.

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

found it somewhere else
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Over the last month:

Damir Doma black shorts

CCP black overlock J jeans

CCP L-shaped pants

Rick Owens milk blistered lamb leather jacket

CCP white leather buuuuuutz

CCP full fingered gloves (for project/pattern usage)

Photos in a few days once everything arrives hehe.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Real Real
          • Feb 2007

"Suicides accounted for 55 percent of the nation's nearly 31,000 firearm deaths in 2005, the most recent year for which statistics are available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

There was nothing unique about that year -- gun-related suicides have outnumbered firearm homicides and accidents for 20 of the last 25 years. In 2005, homicides accounted for 40 percent of gun deaths. Accidents accounted for 3 percent. The remaining 2 percent included legal killings, such as when police do the shooting, and cases that involve undetermined intent.

Public-health researchers have concluded that in homes where guns are present, the likelihood that someone in the home will die from suicide or homicide is much greater."

CNN article

Comment

• AKA*NYC
            • Nov 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Over the last month:

Damir Doma black shorts

CCP L-shaped pants

[/quote]

That's an enviable list Albert! Which version of the Rick jacket did you get? The moto? And how the hell did you find those Damir shorts this late in the game!

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Albert, you are the man. I think soon you will have more Carol than Carol in his archives.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="AKA*NYC"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

Over the last month:

Damir Doma black shorts

CCP L-shaped pants

[/quote]

That's an enviable list Albert! Which version of the Rick jacket did you get? The moto? And how the hell did you find those Damir shorts this late in the game!

[/quote]

he went out cool hunting and spotted them on a hypebeast and took that mofo out with a big shinny shooter

Comment

• Diego
                  • Aug 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Over the last month:

Damir Doma black shorts

CCP L-shaped pants

[/quote]

Great buys Albert, I know you'll love your white boots.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

christ albert[<:o)]

promise me right now you will wear that ro lamb on fire as much as you can. dont let it psizzle in the closet.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Real Real"]"Suicides accounted for 55 percent of the nation's nearly 31,000 firearm deaths in 2005, the most recent year for which statistics are available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

There was nothing unique about that year -- gun-related suicides have outnumbered firearm homicides and accidents for 20 of the last 25 years. In 2005, homicides accounted for 40 percent of gun deaths. Accidents accounted for 3 percent. The remaining 2 percent included legal killings, such as when police do the shooting, and cases that involve undetermined intent.

Public-health researchers have concluded that in homes where guns are present, the likelihood that someone in the home will die from suicide or homicide is much greater."

CNN article[/quote]

Okay, so it's getting kind of obvious that some people think that just because you buy a gun means you're suicidal and are thinking about eating some lead. Doesn't make sense to me....

As for gun-related suicides... guns are an easy way to go if you think about it. Hanging is pretty nasty at least at home because you'll not fall far enough to break the neck... just choke off the blood to the brain which is less than comfortable... not everyone has pills... cutting is painful... the gun is fast.

As for the "public health researchers" if you think about it... what they "concluded" is obvious. A number of people who buy guns are involved in violent crimes and offenses, and suicides are easiest via firearm. Thus if course there will be more weapons found in locations where these events occur and thus by tweaking the wording then you COULD say that "by having a gun around it's more likely that you'll be involved in a murder or suicide."

That just stupid shit.

I have a lot of friends who own firearms. My father owns a shotgun, my best friends dad has 3, when I lived in Wisconsin my next door neighbor turned the back half of his garage into a keypad entry room that had enough guns to arm the entire neighborhood.

It doesn't make anyone inherently bad. Why don't people say the same about knives? If anything, given the choice of being shot on the leg or stabbed. The injury from a knife can be just as brutal as any bullet. Of course they won't do "public health research" on the increased incidence of cutting instruments being found at the scene of suicide/homicides because you could easily skew it that way.

Ultimately the decision and responsibility is in the hands of the owner. A gun does not make you crazy, suicidal, homicidal. It is a tool that is used by its owner to the owners personal means. If guns did not exist, another weapon would and the same argument would be had.

Even here in Texas where shit tons of people carry guns (to the point that McDonalds has a sign saying no firearms allowed on premesis... same with the hospital) I don't live in fear of being shot.

In the end, if someone is crazy enough to shoot you, they'd probably have been crazy enough to stab you too so if you don't like guns... you shouldn't like anything that can be used as a weapon. Theres nothing wrong with just shooting a gun at the range, target shooting or doing a little hunting. Just like with everything else (a car for example), the person must be responsible. I'm more afraid of the errant driver plowing me down than someone peeling caps at me that's for sure.

I'm sick of non-Americans saying "oh... look at the violent gun culture of America." Those who brandish guns and wave them around are a smaaaaaaalllll minority that of course local media puts on the cover because it sells. It generates emotions and polarizes people. "You can take my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands?" A journalist couldn't have imaged a better photo op and quote from Heston. that shit sells. Same goes with violent movies. Face it. You love it. Wanted is a sick fucking film, so are war movies, so are movies like Rambo. that's Hollywood and it's been shown that people all over the world love it. Thus, everyone who likes action films can be considered being guilty of embracing that violent culture or at least enjoying it. Those that choose to LIVE what they perceive is that sort of gun toting, hold-up, lifestyle are in the minority and are trouble... but every place has them.

anyways, I'm rambling. Merz got a piece, it's one big fucker of a gun, he's not going to kill any of us or get a Thug Life (where the i is a high caliber round) tattoo on his belly.... so who cares.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Thanks guys :)

I have Yan on here to thank for the Damir shorts, Joey to thank for the L pants, Dan to thank for the J jeans.. Of course, Mr. Faust for doing the pickup on the white buutz for me :)

hahaha, and so the collection swells just a little bit more.

I'm DYING to receive the boots Diego! Gotta stomp some fools with these white kicks :)

Last edited by Chinorlz; 11-17-2008, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

christ albert[<:o)]

promise me right now you will wear that ro lamb on fire as much as you can. dont let it psizzle in the closet.

[/quote]

I shall do ye proud cap'n Pnizzle!

Where's that photo of you rocking yours?!

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

did mr. faust get the boots from tokio seven...??[86] brilliant

don't be afraid to get the rick dirty....

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Yessir. Fausters picked them up for me after I put them on hold.

Hahaha, I'll eventually get that jacket dirty I'm sure!

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

balance, finally, has been restored to the sz galaxy. [51]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎