X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deleuze
    • Jul 2007

Re: recent purchases

I think you've been watching too much Michael Moore.

Comment

• Purity
      • Apr 2007

[quote user="wire.artist"]

I have the feeling that people in USA live in fear, and social pressure is quite horrible

I supposse that in norway there are quite a lot of hunting licences.

My country is 45.000.000 and we don't have any highschool massacres, I guess that the problem is not the guns but the society, having fear for everything, a good way to control population btw. If I ever kill someone in self defense I would be nuts for the rest of my life....

[/quote]

Yeah, there are a lot of hunting licenses but it's real easy to get a handgun license as well.

It's such a difficult question, a complex equation. Even Finland, a country with a population of just over 5 million and supposedly one of the "best" places to live according to the UN had a school shooting last year.

Comment

• JSebbe
        • Mar 2008

Sorry for off-topic...

...but I won this on ebay a couple of days ago, wating for it to arrive!

Carry on! [:$]

Comment

• mesh
          • Dec 2006

[quote user="JSebbe"]

Sorry for off-topic...

[:$]
          [/quote]

Best post in this thread [86] [86] [86]

Nice coat.

Comment

• sbw4224
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="wire.artist"]

I have the feeling that people in USA live in fear, and social pressure is quite horrible

[/quote]

Where are you getting this from?

Comment

• what_counts
              • Mar 2008

can't get it 2 upload rightside up

number (n)ine

Comment

• deleuze
                • Jul 2007

That was the reason for my Michael Moore comment. Bowling for Columbine was basically a screenplay based on this book http://www.amazon.com/Culture-Fear-A.../dp/0465014909

Comment

• sbw4224
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="wire.artist"][quote user="sbw4224"][quote user="wire.artist"]

[/quote]

Where are you getting this from?

[/quote]

Newspapers, friends, and personal conclusions that might explain some incidences. But maybe I'm plain wrong [51]

[/quote]

^^Yeah I was thinking you were referencing that book as well.

It wasn't my intention to call out to prove you wrong, but rather just to see where you were coming from. I think it's pretty hard to stereotype a very diverse country of
                  300,000,000 people, but I can see how one can be drawn to that
                  conclusion.

Comment

• Schadenfreude
                    • Jan 2008

Because it is fun. It gives you a sense of power and relief while firing it. They are beautiful mechanically and aesthetically.

I could probably come up with more if those answers do not suffice.

Originally posted by ddohnggo
                    fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• Schadenfreude
                      • Jan 2008

You also need to realize people who grow up in different surroundings have a different set of values and concerns. This doesn't make them less intelligent than you and to consider someone else as inferior mentally because they enjoy a hobby that you do not is obscenely ignorant.

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

[quote user="Schadenfreude"]You also need to realize people who grow up in different surroundings have a different set of values and concerns. This doesn't make them less intelligent than you and to consider someone else as inferior mentally because they enjoy a hobby that you do not is obscenely ignorant.
                        [/quote]

This is a window into the unvarnished TRUTH. This is why I don't understand how anyone could hold it against me that I like to drive 170 mph through downtown Manhattan. What a bunch of obscenely ignorant assholes.

Merz, while we clearly hold incompatible views on gun ownership, you make a solid point.

On another note, a custom ring I ordered in Japan just showed up. Going to get my photographer housemate to take a picture.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• sam_tem
                          • Apr 2007

[quote user="wire.artist"][quote user="sam_tem"]

props on the glock from me. wise choice.

i would happily vote against peoples right to own/carry guns if it wouldactually clean up the amount of firearms in circulation but i fear thatfirearmsare far too ingrained in the american culture to keep new guns from reaching bad hands. i didn't even grow up in the bad parts of houston but i did grow up in pasadena which was full of retarded gangs in my day since it was about 80% hispanic and mostall werelower income 1st generation americans trying to make a start and we all know whatlower income kids tend to do with their free time. after growing up around tons of stupid shit (fights, stabbings, suicides???, drunk drivers running into peoples houses, trees and ditches, gangshootouts in the apts a couple blocks away, arson, robberies, etc.) i will always have a gun by my bed for protection. if you think people are stupid for buying guns try and go live in a poor part of town where everyonehasone and see how long it takes before you buy one yourself.

[/quote]

we should keep this thread on topic, but are you serious???

you don't need hispanic kids when you have this

[/quote]

this didn't really need to be highlighted. ipointed outhispanic because a lot of these problems back then were tied directly to the mexican gangs thatwere trying togrow their ranks in these communities. not sure if these were just stupid kidstrying to starton their ownbut they probably didhave some sortofaffiliation with the larger drug smuggling gangs from mexico. it'sno secret that crime is more violent and commonplace in lower income neighborhoods. i wasn't making some jab at them.

Comment

• random
                            • Dec 2007

[quote user="theetruscan"]

[quote user="Schadenfreude"]You also need to realize people who grow up in different surroundings have a different set of values and concerns. This doesn't make them less intelligent than you and to consider someone else as inferior mentally because they enjoy a hobby that you do not is obscenely ignorant.
                            [/quote]

This is a window into the unvarnished TRUTH. This is why I don't understand how anyone could hold it against me that I like to drive 170 mph through downtown Manhattan. What a bunch of obscenely ignorant assholes.

Merz, while we clearly hold incompatible views on gun ownership, you make a solid point.

On another note, a custom ring I ordered in Japan just showed up. Going to get my photographer housemate to take a picture.

[/quote]

man are you kidding? if notthat would be a different story.im not here to hold it against you personally but such behaviors, which bring potential harm to other ppl,are not appropriate.

I don't exist.

Comment

• Schadenfreude
                              • Jan 2008

I figured he disagreed and that was a sarcastic response.

Comment

• airboyair
                                • Oct 2006

[quote user="JSebbe"]

Sorry for off-topic...

Carry on! [:$]

[/quote]

so you're the winner! i love!!! let me know when u get tired of it.

Helmut went to the ocean to gather his thoughts. Inspiration comes from retreat.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎