• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Re: recent purchases

[quote user="random"]

man are you kidding? if notthat would be a different story.im not here to hold it against you personally but such behaviors, which bring potential harm to other ppl,are not appropriate.

[/quote]

Ugh. Sometimes I forget how poorly sarcasm comes across on the internet, my apologies. Of course I don't do anything like that. My point was (as schadenfreude correctly noted) that I disagreed with Schadenfreude. I think his argument about obscene ignorance is really poor.

It seems to me that he ignores all the complexities such as danger to your family and others, and on and on, that motivate the gun control debate and attempts to reduce it to an issue of being too ignorant to understand that other people (gun owners) have different tastes and hobbies than non-gun owners. It just seems to be an argument that completely lacks substance.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• random
      • Dec 2007

gotcha. i somewhat figuredit was sarcasmbut couldnt be sure, since i partially agree with shadenfreude. ;)

I don't exist.

Comment

• Servo2000
        • Oct 2006

[quote user="wire.artist"]

we should keep this thread on topic, but are you serious???

you don't need hispanic kids when you have this.

[/quote]

I won't voice an opinion either way, but this seems pertinent: 7 Dead in Tokyo Stabbing.

Got a Raf by Raf shirt in the mail just recently - I had never really considered them at full price but at like 75% I'm liking it. More than the Raf mainline shirt I had from awhile ago actually - fit is nicer. I'm tempted to buy more.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• JSebbe
          • Mar 2008

@airboyair,

will do, was quite surprised that I got it for that total, thought it was going higher. Since I've seen it go for the double amount of money.

Comment

• theaddict
            • Apr 2008

[quote user="sam_tem"]

props on the glock from me. wise choice.

i would happily vote against peoples right to own/carry guns if it wouldactually clean up the amount of firearms in circulation but i fear thatfirearmsare far too ingrained in the american culture to keep new guns from reaching bad hands. i didn't even grow up in the bad parts of houston but i did grow up in pasadena which was full of retarded gangs in my day since it was about 80% hispanic and mostall werelower income 1st generation americans trying to make a start and we all know whatlower income kids tend to do with their free time. after growing up around tons of stupid shit (fights, stabbings, suicides, drunk drivers running into peoples houses, trees and ditches, gangshootouts in the apts a couple blocks away, arson, robberies, etc.) i will always have a gun by my bed for protection. if you think people are stupid for buying guns try and go live in a poor part of town where everyonehasone and see how long it takes before you buy one yourself.

[/quote]

Well thats what i call a classic vicious circle...maybe its too late for the US to ban firearms since half of the populationa already has one and is willing to use it since they live in bad neighbourhoods. But i am totally happy to live in a Country were firearms are so restricted that i dont have to fear that a fight or just a discussion with someone could escalate to a shooting. Of course if someone intentionally wants to start a massacre, he can get a weapon(even here in Europe, haha), but it wont be easy for him since you cant just walk into a shop and buy one. There is a barrier which will most likely restrain those everyday gangstas to carry such severe weapons around. And I am happy to not to have one, although i also have experienced bad situations since i am not sure how my life would be now if i had used a gun although the whole situation turned out not so bad...

And honestly, in my "arrogant" position as a well educated person who claims to have a certain intellectual level and whose psyche seems to be stable, i dont want the vast majority of "non-educated dumb ass people who watch soap operas and violent movies the whole day (and let their kids do it), read newspapers only if there are pictures on the page and less written words, who cannot show Europe on a map (or the US), and who certainly fear anything that is not like them" to have a weapon.

Of course the humble members of this forum are not like the mentioned persons and i would grant them happily the right to own a weapon since they are not driven by frustration about their miserable lifes and they would certainly only use it in case a criminal suspect intrudes their homes and threatens to kill their children or wife.

But to generalize if, lets say, 70% of the population is not like the members of this forum I would insist on banning all firearms!

Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Servo2000
              • Oct 2006

[quote user="theaddict"]

And honestly, in my "arrogant" position as a well educated person who claims to have a certain intellectual level and whose psyche seems to be stable, i dont want the vast majority of "non-educated dumb ass people who watch soap operas and violent movies the whole day (and let their kids do it), read newspapers only if there are pictures on the page and less written words, who cannot show Europe on a map (or the US), and who certainly fear anything that is not like them" to have a weapon.

Of course the humble members of this forum are not like the mentioned persons and i would grant them happily the right to own a weapon since they are not driven by frustration about their miserable lifes and they would certainly only use it in case a criminal suspect intrudes their homes and threatens to kill their children or wife.

[/quote]

This is painfully offensive. I come from a family of un-educated lower-working-class whites from the midwest (my father was the first to obtain a college education) and I assure you, these people you have so shamefully generalized and stereotyped have every bit the right, the reasoning, and the intelligience to handle, own, operate and use a weapon should they so desire. I'm not sure if it's been just recently, but the latent homophobia, misogyny, and not-so-subtle classism has really been coming out of the woodworks and frankly I'm not sure I feel the need to stick around much longer. Our only "discussions" recently have been patently tangential despite the recent menswear shows, admittedly sterile as they were. Hopefully women's fashion week will bring out something truly worth discussing. Maybe I'll take a break until then...

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• theaddict
                • Apr 2008

Sorry, i didnt want to offend you. My mum was also the first in her family to obtain a college education (she has 8 sisters/brothers and grew up knowing that only the male persons would go to school, she made it nonetheless). but it seems at least you have also have obtained a certain education or you wouldnt even know how to express yourself.

I just wanted to get away from the beforementioned reduction on Hispanics or any other ethnic group, but to look on the real problem which is the poverty und lack of education in certain social levels which leads to a higher use of non verbal aggression. At least you must agree that most violent crimes happen in areas of a city that does not belong to a so called "upper class". I dont want to prejudge everybody who lives there, i have a lot of friends who suffered in their childhood living in such areas. But they also agree that the potentential to get hurt is much higher than anywhere else. And to make myself clear, of course I am against the right for weapons for everyone. If it is Charlton Heston or the a drug dealer form the Bronx.

And having not attended university doesnt mean one is uneducated, here in Germany the people working in handcraft professions are highly respected members of the society.

Sorry again, if i offended you. That was not my intention...as i said before, this is a difficult topic, and maybe the internet and also my english is not enough to explain the fine nuances in this topic...

Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

[quote user="wire.artist"]nope, hate the guy, I see violence growing in Spain while we get richer as a country and differences became bigger between social classes.
                  [/quote]

when i was in spain in 91, i got the shit kicked out of me for dancing at a club outside of madrid, and then in various town like santander saw more brutal violence than i've ever seen in the US. its different now, but spain has hot blood.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

[quote user="Schadenfreude"]

I find it particularly disturbing that Phillip Nod (I believe) said he would hate to have a gun laying around on a night when he's alone and depressed. If that is a concern of yours you should be seeing a doctor.

[/quote]

its hard to respond to an idiotic comment like this. there's the urge to tell you to go fuck yourself, then there's the urge to tell you thanks for your concern, then there's the urge to tell you, you dont have to worry about me because i have my life under control. and since i don't have a gun there's nothing to worry about. it was a hypothetical based on the thousands (i don't know the exact stats) of people that kill themselves each year in the US w their own guns. and then there's the question --- do you have moods, schandenfreude? i mean your significant other runs off w your best friend and you've got a gun at your house....theres tons of scenarios that can upset your iron will

Comment

• Schadenfreude
                      • Jan 2008

Idiotic? Sorry if I misunderstood what you had said but is it really necessary to be rude?

I am sorry, I thought you were speaking only of yourself.

I do have moods. Everyone has moods. Sure, my significant other leaving me for anybody will shake me up a bit but there is nothing that will make me even consider suicide. The only reason I expressed concern is because when I was younger I was severely depressed. Feeling suicidal is not a mood and no one should consider that feeling as a part of their normal routine.

Originally posted by ddohnggo
                      fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

maybe idiotic was too harsh. but i took your comment harshly.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"][quote user="wire.artist"]

we should keep this thread on topic, but are you serious???

you don't need hispanic kids when you have this.

[/quote]

I won't voice an opinion either way, but this seems pertinent: 7 Dead in Tokyo Stabbing.

Got a Raf by Raf shirt in the mail just recently - I had never really considered them at full price but at like 75% I'm liking it. More than the Raf mainline shirt I had from awhile ago actually - fit is nicer. I'm tempted to buy more.

[/quote]

Don't take this as condescending, but I think you will grow out of these fairly soon.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                            • Sep 2006

looks fantastic wire.

Comment

• Schadenfreude
                              • Jan 2008

Agreed, suit looks amazing.

Originally posted by ddohnggo
                              fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• coldlunch
                                • Jul 2008

a pretty silk flower brooch by Lanvin

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎