X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
    ftw in this case = "for the win" or "fuck the world"?
    aaahahahaha

I was just thinking for the win with a nerd face afterwards but apple may be thinking the latter ;)
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Mim
      • Aug 2008

Forget Itouch. Waiting for this:
      We tried and we tried but we just couldn't get COWON to show us its new S9 Curve at IFA -- they weren't meeting with the press, only business partners. At least we have a ship date and full specs in consolation. Germany at least will get its hands on the 3.3-inch, 480 x 272-pixel, 16 million color, capacitive touchscreen, AMOLED player at the end of October. The 57.08 x 105.75 x 12.7-mm player (a bit shorter and narrower than the 8-mm thick iPod touch with 4.3-inch display) will initially ship with 8GB / 16GB of storage before getting bumped to 32GB sometime down the road. A 3.5-hour charge off the mains (5.5-hours off USB) will deliver up to 8-hours of video (MPEG-4 SP, WMV9 SP, H.264 BP codecs) or 40 hours of audio (MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC, WAV formats). Integrated Bluetooth is of the more power hungry 2.0 (not 2.1) variety with support for A2DP stereo and AVRCP remote control profiles. The S9 for Europe supports FM recording and dictation buts lacks the integrated DMB television tuner of its Korean cousin. Line-in recording and DAB radio is also in the works.[Thanks, Vesal]

32gb version to come after release.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Mim View Post
        Forget Itouch. Waiting for this:
        We tried and we tried but we just couldn't get COWON to show us its new S9 Curve at IFA -- they weren't meeting with the press, only business partners. At least we have a ship date and full specs in consolation. Germany at least will get its hands on the 3.3-inch, 480 x 272-pixel, 16 million color, capacitive touchscreen, AMOLED player at the end of October. The 57.08 x 105.75 x 12.7-mm player (a bit shorter and narrower than the 8-mm thick iPod touch with 4.3-inch display) will initially ship with 8GB / 16GB of storage before getting bumped to 32GB sometime down the road. A 3.5-hour charge off the mains (5.5-hours off USB) will deliver up to 8-hours of video (MPEG-4 SP, WMV9 SP, H.264 BP codecs) or 40 hours of audio (MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC, WAV formats). Integrated Bluetooth is of the more power hungry 2.0 (not 2.1) variety with support for A2DP stereo and AVRCP remote control profiles. The S9 for Europe supports FM recording and dictation buts lacks the integrated DMB television tuner of its Korean cousin. Line-in recording and DAB radio is also in the works.[Thanks, Vesal]

32gb version to come after release.
        Doesn't matter. Apple makes everything else looks inadequate... except maybe in Japan, but that's just another planet altogether.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Doesn't matter. Apple makes everything else looks inadequate... except maybe in Japan, but that's just another planet altogether.
          Nah, it really doesn't. The experia, the HTC touch pro, any number of other phones outclass it, though many need to be bought out of contract. The apple is pretty, but it's kind of a junker imo.

The battery life is abysmal, there's no ability to tether without jailbreaking (which means 3-5 hours of fucking with your phone every upgrade), the javaless web browser is pretty ghetto, though pretty. The 3G reception doesn't stand up to the competition, which isn't a big deal since it's a smartphone too fucking retarded to tether. It's pretty, but my old junker motorola q is a better phone, which is pretty sad in my opinion.
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

i've been on a mac for 17 years and have had more issues in the last 6 months than ever before. they are farming out hard drive development to little shit companies which is why quality has become an issue. i'm on macbook pro #2 and iphone #3 in the last 7 months.

Comment

• Mim
              • Aug 2008

Sound qaulity on iPhone and iTouch is pretty bad as well. So if you like to listen to music, with something other than stock earbuds, best to look elsewhere.

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

in nyc anyway, the At&T network is half the problem.

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                  i've been on a mac for 17 years and have had more issues in the last 6 months than ever before. they are farming out hard drive development to little shit companies which is why quality has become an issue. i'm on macbook pro #2 and iphone #3 in the last 7 months.
                  Yeah, had 3 keyboards replaced on my latest macbook pro in the last year. Current one is broken, and I'm just using an external.

Apple has never (or at least not for a long time) been a manufacturer to my knowledge, and they have definitely never even specced a non-standard hard drive.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

they had a proprietary development company they worked with from what i know, but have spread it around as of late. was told this by a mac "genius" at the genius bar.

Comment

• theetruscan
                      • Jan 2008

they had a proprietary development company they worked with from what i know, but have spread it around as of late. was told this by a mac "genius" at the genius bar.
                      Errr, I don't think the genius was quite as advertised. Apple has been throwing whichever hard drive they got the best deal on in machines for at least 11 years, and I think closer to 19. They've used at a minimum 5 different manufacturers for computers alone for the last 10+ years. They've used proprietary motherboards, designed by motorola and IBM and Apple (not manufactured by them though) until they switched to intel, but their motherboards have gotten less troublesome not more. Non-motherboard parts have been off-the-shelf since forever, and built under contract for just as long.

Comment

• sam_tem
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                        run soulseek and on and on....

i've seen my userlist on soulseek dwindle down to just about nobody being online ever. if i haven't upgraded in about 2 yrs will upgrading to the newest version fix this?

where is everyone dl'ing stuff? i'm sick of blogs and their non-existent quality control. i hate having to deal with all those stupid torrent sites (indietorrents).

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

holy shit! my order came from brown's today. a first.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

holy shit! my order came from brown's today. a first.
                            You didn't get that Rick leather long coat did you?
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• airboyair
                              • Oct 2006

raf, i am guessing.
                              Helmut went to the ocean to gather his thoughts. Inspiration comes from retreat.

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

sorry to be so predictable, but yes. 2 pairs of raf pants. the $3500 RO jacket is a frightening online purchase. more so with brown's.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎