• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
    Fit pic soon? I am waiting for Djis first fit pic ever
    Come on D! You got a new cam, i know it!
    haha, I'll stop being lazy and start taking fit pics eventually

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
      • Mar 2007

Hey Dji, quick question about your Julius high collar....is the collar height the same as the Julius x Gordini? The Gordini one looks a little lower/shorter.
      Thanks!

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

the collar is slightly higher, 11cm instead of about 10cm on the Gordini.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by dji View Post
          the collar is slightly higher, 11cm instead of about 10cm on the Gordini.
          Thanks!
          Do post some fit pics soon, ya? Haven't come across many fit pics of this jacket online, excluding the Julius shots...

Comment

• thejjbb
            • Apr 2008

What happened, DJI? I thought the older season high collar was your one true love, and that the FW08 one was not quite to your liking?

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

I had the SS08 high collar but sold it after I managed to find the ram leather rider from FW06 with the same zip configuration:

I didn't really like the look of the new high collar from the initial Julius shots but fell in love with it after seeing the fit pics from online stores. very happy with both of my Julius leather jackets, the design, leather and fit are different but both are great

Comment

• thejjbb
                • Apr 2008

What's your opinion on the leather used for the FW08 High Collar? It's still probably my holy grail, if I can ever scrounge up the money for it. Definitely worth getting?

Comment

• Avantster
                  ¤¤¤
                  • Sep 2006

Nice one, DJI. How does the leather compare to the Gordini?
                  let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Norris
                    • Sep 2008

Julius high collar leather jacket.

good to see Julius hasn't changed their sizing for the western market, pit to pit on this thing is 44.5cm. stoked with the service too, ordered the jacket on Saturday and received it first thing this morning
                    Is your Julius a size 1 or a size 2? If it's a size 1, where did you get it at? I'm in the market for one but most online Jp stores are out of size 1.
                    ________
                    OREGON MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
                    Last edited by Norris; 05-09-2011, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

the leather is thinner and stiffer than the sheep or ram leather used on their other jackets but the added rigidness works well with the high collar design. the leather used is similar to the Gordini, however it is a slightly deeper black and it's been pre-wrinkled. I'd say it's definitely worth buying, although keep in mind that it is more of a spring-summer leather jacket due to the lighter weight and shrink wrap fit that doesn't really accomodate for layering.

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Norris View Post
                        Is your Julius a size 1 or a size 2? If it's a size 1, where did you get it at? I'm in the market for one but most online Jp stores are out of size 1.
                        I got mine from the Julius flagstore, they do phone orders and they threw in the SS09 MA lookbook too

there are a few online stores that still have stock in size 1:
                        world style
                        noseglass
                        lounge
                        blue merle
                        I wouldn't sleep on it though, I'd be very surprised if it isn't completely sold out within a couple of weeks...

Comment

• danimal
                          • Sep 2008

I got mine from the Julius flagstore, they do phone orders and they threw in the SS09 MA lookbook too
                          Nice pickup Damien! Did you buy from the Julius flagstore directly or did you have to go through a proxy? And if it was direct was communication pretty easy/in english?

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

through a proxy, none of the Japanese stores ship internationally. service was very prompt though

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                              • Mar 2007

the leather is thinner and stiffer than the sheep or ram leather used on their other jackets but the added rigidness works well with the high collar design. the leather used is similar to the Gordini, however it is a slightly deeper black and it's been pre-wrinkled. I'd say it's definitely worth buying, although keep in mind that it is more of a spring-summer leather jacket due to the lighter weight and shrink wrap fit that doesn't really accomodate for layering.
                              I'm surprised the leather is the same as the Gordini...certainly looks different in the various online photos.

Would you say the sizing is exactly the same as the Gordini too? The size 1 Gordini fits me perfect.

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

it's similar, some slight differences I mentioned. one thing that makes the fit quite different compared to the gordini is the leather of the collar. the gordini has quite wrinkled leather around the collar that throws off the fit a bit when worn open IMO, while the aw08 high collar looks considerably sharper.

the sizing is similar, slightly tighter than the gordini from my measurements.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎