X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raw Edge
    • Jan 2008

Augsta, Muddy.
    Not sure what I think yet, or what I'll even wear them with.

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Nice Raw. I have similar ones I picked up from FW07 and I love them. Very, very comfortable boot.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Purity
        • Apr 2007

Is the toebox on those boots completely square? Been thinking about getting a pair of lace ups but not a fan of completely squared toeboxes.

Comment

• pipcleo
          • Jan 2007

Last edited by pipcleo; 10-28-2010, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• snafu
            • Apr 2008

i feel like crying im still hunting for that bag

oh well if you ever decied to sell send me a pm
            after speaking to some people they said the leather is amazing but you cant pile loads of stuff into it incase of the leather not taking the wight ect and out off the m.a bags i own the only one i ahve had trouble with is the leather boston one which is very soft leather would imagine that would be much thicker.
            i think il try hunt a canvass one down when my next big hit of funds but is truly a great bag looks so good with those photos

Comment

• Raw Edge
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Casius View Post
              Nice Raw. I have similar ones I picked up from FW07 and I love them. Very, very comfortable boot.
              Thanks Cas and Chinorlz. Cas, (if yours are a similar color/dye) do you wear yours often/ with what sorts of pants?

I couldn't resist these at 60% off, and figured they'd work well with dark blue denim and grey pants, but at home looking at the color I'm not so sure, and considered returning them.
              The toe box isn't completely square, its sort of sharp to the end of the toe, then squares off a bit, only very slightly round at the end.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

I wear mine with black trousers all the time as well as lighter pairs and sometimes some gray jeans. Mine have actually gotten a bit darker over time, which is nice.
                BTW- Were these still left over at A? Any more that were discounted?

Comment

• Raw Edge
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Casius View Post
                  I wear mine with black trousers all the time as well as lighter pairs and sometimes some gray jeans. Mine have actually gotten a bit darker over time, which is nice.
                  BTW- Were these still left over at A? Any more that were discounted?
                  Cool, that is encouraging to hear.
                  These were from Barney's. They generally had a pretty conservative/lame buy, lot of the Augusta sidezip knockoffs and even a back-lace pair that goofy looking. But they did have two varieties of the muddy laceups that A never got at all. To be honest I didn't really like most of A's augusta buy this season either, tho undoubtably the fault lies with Augusta not A.

Comment

• BlowFISH
                    • Jul 2008

Thanks guys for your comments - In my opinion I think Left is a nice store (atmosphere, staff etc), but stock wise it suffers from pretty much all stores of its kind suffer. Essentially, what it can stock is up to the designer's whim, in that if the designer designs crap stuff for a season, they can only really choose the "best" of the crap stuff and hope for the best. I mean, look at Dior Homme these days - there is simply not much choice!

I spent a while after buying that bag chatting to the staff, and they say they try to tailor what they buy to the local clientele. I suppose this is reasonable - since most items cost thousands and they can't just have 2 of everything - but of course, sometimes their judgement turns out to not be the best.

Specifically for m.a+, I was told the quality of their stuff are declining as well and getting more and more weird (as discussed in the m.a+ thread recently). For people who want bags, apparently they are getting some new ones mid this month and also end of January, on top of the 5-6 they already have. So, call them up or something and see what they got...

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by BlowFISH View Post
                      ...And the answer to that question is unfortunately yes. The first time I saw that bag was some 6-7 months ago, when I first heard of the bag (slow I know) and was wondering if the only store which stocks m.a+ in Melbourne had it. It did, and I thought that would be be the last I would ever see it. You can imagine my surprise when I went recently and found it was still sitting there, on sale, so I decided to give it a good home :D
                      i have never understood the appeal of the accordian bag. i guess i'm an idiot
                      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• pipcleo
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                        i have never understood the appeal of the accordian bag. i guess i'm an idiot
                        yeah , a bit of a girls bag

Comment

• MCC1528
                          • May 2008

Damir Doma layered shorts SS 08 :D

Comment

• DHC
                            • Jul 2007

Some Julius and CCP. Man, I've gotta curb the impulse shopping.
                            Originally posted by Faust
                            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                              CCP? Do tell.

I also picked up a few lil' pieces;
                              CDG beige double breasted jacket
                              Ann sweater
                              Ann vest
                              NN guitar print shirt

Comment

• kira
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                                ditto. mine is work stress induced impulse shopping.
                                Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎