Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bestial
    • Jun 2008

Just got a black Rick womans-tank from luisaviaroma, nice raceback in viscose

Very, very much too small for me and my GF don't want it, so if anyone wants to buy their short, thin GF a nice christmas present, or if you yourself is tiniwini, you can have it för €100 +shipping. Sz 38 (yeah, ordered a bigger size, but they where out so just wanted to try), else I'll send it back to them.

Comment

• Brother Stasi
      • Feb 2008

Chard Sharp - A dvd on stacking decks, false shuffles, trick deals and other fun things to do to win at any card game (esp the ones where money is involved....) Pretty soon I'll be able to go Christmas shopping for all my friends and family!!! ::insert muhahahaha::

Comment

• maldoror
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Brother Stasi View Post
        ouu ouuu! How is it? What are the quality of the illustrations like and the general size of it? Sorry to be so inquisitive it's just this was the first bellmer book I could find that had photographs that were larger than a business card and now I've had a taste for bellmer and I want more more more...
        honestly I'm kind of conflicted about the book. it's a nice object (nice edition, with, e.g., the endpapers done in black velvet) and the works on show are not things I've seen elsewhere, but the quality of reproduction is not the best and, honestly, for the most part neither are the drawings. the size of the reproductions is fine, but the photography is not the sharpest and colors don't seem correct, the latter of which is not a significant issue because they're drawings, but it still bothers me a bit. this is all to say: it was a great gift, but I wouldn't have bought it on my own.

my guess is that, unless you're a bellmer completist, the book you have probably renders this one null.

Comment

• Brother Stasi
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
          my guess is that, unless you're a bellmer completist, the book you have probably renders this one null.
          Sadly... I have an extremely addictive personality that causes me to be an everything completest... I have 23 24 BLOODY discs of 'The Cure' for example. But I'm working on it. I think I can thank Gary Numan for that. When I amassed 3.45GB's of pure Gary Numan I realized I had/have a problem.

But thank you so much for your thorough review! I'll try to take your advice and be happy with the one I have for now! Actually no... I need one more Bellmer book just for the SZ Bible thread; One of the marquis de sade stories as illustrated by Bellmer. Now that would be a fun entry! haha

Comment

• Arcane
            • Jul 2008

Got these muthas in the mail today, very nice

Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• Sophi Marie
              • Dec 2008

Hmmm I haven't purchased any thing new this days. I purchased a new Levis skinny jeans last month.
              Womens Designer Shoes

Comment

• snafu
                • Apr 2008

they are nice and cool how you can fold them down compared to how stiff the originals are
                browns have my size bu i think im holding out to get super cheap if i get lucky

Comment

• Gunjah
                  • May 2008

yeah, got them myself, they are really nice, can be worn like originals or slouchy or anything, really great boots !

Comment

• Arcane
                    • Jul 2008

Haven't played around with them a lot yet but I figure they're very versatile. Them being suede is also very nice and adds a great effect to the slouchieness (color wise...)

I'm having a boring time so I snapped a pic with them worn for those interested.
                    Last edited by Arcane; 12-17-2008, 03:15 PM.
                    Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• maldoror
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Brother Stasi View Post
                      One of the marquis de sade stories as illustrated by Bellmer
                      during college I held down a job in book preservation services at the library, which gave me special access privileges to the rare books collection. among my various abuses of these privileges was tracking down an original illustrated edition of justine (which I had previously seen behind glass at moma's desire unbound show).

I was also able to spend a good deal time with an early, serialized printing of une semaine de bonte.

good times that I look forward to revisiting should I ever become rich, or else take an unexpected career detour into library sciences.

Comment

• Davie
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                        they are nice and cool how you can fold them down compared to how stiff the originals are
                        browns have my size bu i think im holding out to get super cheap if i get lucky
                        Just had a look at the ones on Brown, and they look a bit different, more like the original stiffer ones. Are u sure they're the same?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
                          during college I held down a job in book preservation services at the library, which gave me special access privileges to the rare books collection. among my various abuses of these privileges was tracking down an original illustrated edition of justine (which I had previously seen behind glass at moma's desire unbound show).

I was also able to spend a good deal time with an early, serialized printing of une semaine de bonte.

good times that I look forward to revisiting should I ever become rich, or else take an unexpected career detour into library sciences.
                          Sounds like an amazing experience!
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

i was just at this store in paris where they were selling loose leafs from the first edition of un semaine de bonte.
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• black horizons
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                              i was just at this store in paris where they were selling loose leafs from the first edition of un semaine de bonte.
                              I LOVE un semaine de bonte! Used and abused it many times for different purposes.

Anyone recommend something similar? Not to derail the thread...
                              www.black-horizons.com

Comment

• D_S
                                • Jul 2008

If familirar with Une Semaine de Bonté, one should know the rest ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎