Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

now i'm regretting not going to the corthay store, which was on my to-do list. i know that the yamamoto store carries corthay as well.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
      i know that the yamamoto store carries corthay as well.
      really? the one on gansevoort? why? i know that that (relatively) new shoe store on christopher street with the sarty mcfly imprimatur carries corthay as well as bergdorf...
      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

now i'm regretting not going to the corthay store, which was on my to-do list. i know that the yamamoto store carries corthay as well.
        He made something for Yohji but they don't carry the line AFAIK. BG dropped Corthay and never much in their inventory anyway. Leffot is a much better destination but you won't get to order custom patina and talk with the artisans who make them so, to be frank, if you want something special go to the rue Volnay store.
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

to clarify, this is the yamamoto store in paris carries it. to what extent, i'm not sure. probably something they made for YY, like what fuuma said.

i still haven't stopped by leffot yet. were both a custom patina? how long did it take to get done? my only problem is that i probably wouldn't wear them as often as i do bling povera. but they're still super sick.

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
            They're "object patinated". A lot of shoes that use dyes are now object dyed (in intermediary steps though) say Edward Green.
            I'm lost.

I thought object dying was the same as garment dying, and was the the process of dying the completed item. If the partly assembled upper is dyed as a piece (which is just my guess as to what they mean), is that object dying? Patina is a process of "aging" the shoe in an artistic or pretty manner, so I'm not even sure what non-object patinaed would be.
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

to clarify, this is the yamamoto store in paris carries it. to what extent, i'm not sure. probably something they made for YY, like what fuuma said.

i still haven't stopped by leffot yet. were both a custom patina? how long did it take to get done? my only problem is that i probably wouldn't wear them as often as i do bling povera. but they're still super sick.
              Custom patinas are only done at the Corthay store in Paris AFAIK (probably Japan too).

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                I'm lost.

I thought object dying was the same as garment dying, and was the the process of dying the completed item. If the partly assembled upper is dyed as a piece (which is just my guess as to what they mean), is that object dying? Patina is a process of "aging" the shoe in an artistic or pretty manner, so I'm not even sure what non-object patinaed would be.
                The brown (crust leather) from Edward green is added during the construction process for example so it ages differently. I just don't remember where exactly in the different steps, might be at the end. I can check if you want to know.

A patina is simply different polishes being added, nothing to do with dye and always done when the shoe is completed, I just said "object patinated" to mean it was, like CCP, done at the end.

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                  The black from Edward green is added during the construction process for example so it ages differently. I just don't remember where exactly in the different steps, might be at the end. I can check if you want to know.

A patina is simply different polishes being added, nothing to do with dye and always done when the shoe is completed, I just said "object patinated" to mean it was, like CCP, done at the end.
                  I'm curious, but idly, so if asking is no difficulty for you, I'd love to know. Don't go out of your way at all though.

Yeah, patina is the polish/buffing/bleaching/acid-treating etc etc etc process designed to give the shoe that look of "character." Sorry if I implied it had something to do with the dye.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• grapz
                    • Sep 2008

Picked up some dick owens trousers

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Note; I modified my post, I meant brown leathers, black are aniline leathers.

BTW I suck ass, I'm tired and totally misrepresented what goes on. Crust leathers are also dyed by using polish to get the colour you see.

So basically all shoes are "object patinated" except the black ones which just get a polish for shine. This happens at the end of the process. That's for EG. Some companies even do black crust leathers so they look sorta greyish before they're polished.

Comment

• paprik
                        • Nov 2006

Great pants. Have you got the sneaks aswell?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by grapz View Post

these look great. where did you get them?

Comment

• howinpark
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by grapz View Post

looks awesome

Comment

• quiet noise
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2008

agreed, and even though im usaly not a fan of the black RO hi's, i must say that you rock them pretty well. looks awesome with the pants

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

That picture is from mintz by the way.....

:D
                                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎