Clear All
  • One
    • Aug 2009

^^^ beautiful

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
      not jeans, but a stiff & heavy cotton pant. texture is sort of velvety to the touch, similar to past seasons luc heavy cotton. artisan dying gives great texture to the fabric and depth to the black, leading to an irregular surface which comes out grey along the fold lines (and warrants its own care spiel in the booklet).

not really j in the traditional ccp sense, although you get the same (albeit far less dramatic) towering verticality to the stacking. single seam per leg which curves subtly around the leg when worn, beginning at the back at the waist and ending at the outside of the ankle at the hem. these bifurcating seams are spined with heavy stitching visually resembling a hybrid of overlocking and linea digital stitching. (would appreciate some further explication re stitching technique)

fit is slim through the thighs and very slim down the calf with semi-low rise. I sized up, and I never size up.

more than any other garment I've handled these things make absolutely no sense until they're on a body.
      this is a beautiful description, except for one small adjustment, the pants are not dyed per se,
      they are originally black and are treated with a special kind of mineral salts that created the kind of "whitish-grey" effect at the seams. I originally thought they were dyed, but then realized that they werent when I had to alter a LUC pants that was treated with the same mineral technique....
      I still rue about the memory, I had a roll of the exact same fabric that was used to make the pants, only to realize that its now gone from my storage along with some beautiful embroidered silk that I had..........
      really mad just to think about it!!!!!

the customer was one happy fellow Szer though
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

hmm, how does the discoloration only show up inside the seams if done that way?

I was under the impression they were somehow object dyed and thus the dye didn't go all the way under the seams, so when seam is pulled the original colour shows. the tags also say "this product has been artisanally dyed and will lose colour with repeated washing"
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
          hmm, how does the discoloration only show up inside the seams if done that way?

I was under the impression they were somehow object dyed and thus the dye didn't go all the way under the seams, so when seam is pulled the original colour shows. the tags also say "this product has been artisanally dyed and will lose colour with repeated washing"
          because the mineral residue concentrates itself in the indentation of the seams.........not being co-herent this morning, but think of it it the same way, in a concentrated solution, if the liqiud dries out the solid residue would be greater in the deeper areas, ( the seams),

do a test for me , if you will, and we can confirm if the pants I handled and yours are the same,
          In a small non visible area, just stress on the seams a bit, and used your fingernails to scratch away the "whitish area" abit, if there is any black under the white, then it was done with the same technique............
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

seems to be the other way around, the light colour doesn't come off and actually it looks more "raw" then the black parts, if that makes any sense.

I scratched a small part inside one of the seams and it seems like the black colour would come off and expose some of the beige. takes some pretty heavy grinding though so I don't expect the dye to come off much with regular use.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Kopped Undercover cropped pants with the Uknown Pleasures print. I am sorry that my pictures make everything look like shit (I want to be like lowrey when I grow up), but here it is. The construction on these is amazing - blows many other things out of the water this season. Heavy jet black wool, lined in curpo, excellent details all around and I like that the print is black on black, very subtle. Perfect fit, too. There is also a matching blazer, but that's a bit too much for me.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                seems to be the other way around, the light colour doesn't come off and actually it looks more "raw" then the black parts, if that makes any sense.

I took a small part inside one of the seams and it seems like the black colour would come off and expose some of the beige. takes some pretty heavy grinding though so I don't expect the dye to come off much with regular use.
                The pants are indeed overdyed. Luca did a very small buy of this fabric. I think SLoft and Atelier are the only ones to lock down those od js in that fabric.
                Originally posted by Faust
                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• LeOn
                  • Jun 2008

Please Faust, post a fit pic.. I'm very curious !

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                    I think SLoft and Atelier are the only ones to lock down those od js in that fabric.

figured as much, already edited my post from a couple of days ago saying that only Atelier ordered this finish

Comment

• H-R
                      • May 2007

Hey Faust, how much are those UC cropped pants? They look amazing indeed.

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                        • Sep 2006

Nice pants Mike and Faust, very nice.

Bought a bunch of stuff in the last month that i'm gonna post later (need to take some decent pics) from CCP, LUC, MA+, BBS and DRKSHDW.

Also bought some movies (barnes and noble had some very good discounts), here's the list:

Criterion Collection:
                        Godard's Pierrot Le Fou, Tati's Mon Oncle, Maddin's Brand Upon the Brain, Von Trier's Element of Crime, Polanski's Repulsion, Kurosawa's Seven Samurai and Tarkovsky's Solaris.

Others:
                        Dane's L'intrus, Araki's Mysterious Skin, Tanovic's No Man's Land, Akin's Crossing the Bridge: The Sound of Istanbul and Head-On and Audiard's De battre mon cœur s'est arrêté.

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

L'intrus
                          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• anatomicut
                            • Jun 2009

RICK OWENS 07SS DOUBLE LAYER SILK TRENCH
                            ONE OF MY FAVORITE ITEM FROM RICK.
                            I,M ATTRACTIVED TO RICK ,S TAILORED ITEMS

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by gutpocho View Post

Bought a bunch of stuff in the last month that i'm gonna post later (need to take some decent pics) from CCP, LUC, MA+, BBS and DRKSHDW.

Also bought some movies (barnes and noble had some very good discounts), here's the list:

Criterion Collection:
                              Godard's Pierrot Le Fou, Tati's Mon Oncle, Maddin's Brand Upon the Brain, Von Trier's Element of Crime, Polanski's Repulsion, Kurosawa's Seven Samurai and Tarkovsky's Solaris.

Others:
                              Dane's L'intrus, Araki's Mysterious Skin, Tanovic's No Man's Land, Akin's Crossing the Bridge: The Sound of Istanbul and Head-On and Audiard's De battre mon cœur s'est arrêté.
                              Waiting!
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
                                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by gutpocho View Post

Criterion Collection:

Others:
                                Nice J! I hit that Barnes and Noble sale pretty hard as well.
                                Originally posted by Faust
                                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎