Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

massive thanks to never end gallery and obscur for making this happen.

Comment

• jojje
      • Jul 2008

looks really nice, dji.
      ________
      PussyAss4U cam
      Last edited by jojje; 09-17-2011, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• MoFiya
        • Sep 2007

Such a tease waiting!
        Now that all those pics start popping up...
        Looks great :)
        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Ivans On High
          Banned
          • Oct 2008

And yes, I got the right boot as well.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ nice.

I like the jacket, dji, but I can't help think two things

1) It looks like "just a nice leather jacket" - I would imagine you'd want something more interesting given your presumably extensive leather collection
            2) I don't like this zipper - looks really cheap.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ivans On High
              Banned
              • Oct 2008

Not to diss, but I guess this is a fashion forum - the zipper is really cheap. Definitely not what I expect from a $1500 jacket.

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

nowhere near extensive unfortunately E, always have trouble getting the fit right. I like it because it's a very simple leather jacket, perfect as an every day beater.

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

I know there were a lot of people on here who got in on the custom Obscur order so I don't want to ruffle any feathers but...
                  at first glance, it really does look like some of the leather and construction of the Black Scissors jackets on Ebay.

Would love to check one out in person just to examine the quality of it. There may be something I'm missing. One of the fit pics I saw had a weird effect going on with the shoulder seam...like it was puckered out or maybe the upper arms were too slim where it meets the torso.

Is the zipper supposed to be asymmetrical or have an angle to it or is there a natural twist to the garment itself? The right pocket (its right side) even looks larger than the pocket on the left side.
                  It may just be the angle of the photo or maybe I'm looking at it too hard.
                  Originally posted by mizzar
                  Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Beardown, my sentiments exactly. Still, need to see it in person in order to make a final judgment.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• btbam
                      • Nov 2008

Its no RiRi but i really do like the zipper in person more then i expected - but in saying that i think people either love/hate the zipper.
                      The jacket is as DJI mentioned. the perfect jacket you can wear hard and not feel bad about getting it "dirty"

Beardown don't feel bad about Rustling Feathers etc - say what ever you feel. Clearly a lot of people on here have copped. If they are happy or not will hopefully not be decided on what you have to say and more on there personal opinions of the jacket.

The zipper is the same as the original - i am more impressed with the leather itself - the manufacturing is not at the level of Julius etc but i am very happy with the jacket personally.
                      Cant speak on other peoples behalf.
                      Never End, Australia.
                      http://www.neverend.com.au
                      General Contact: Info@neverend.com.au
                      Urgent contact: Joseph@neverend.com.au
                      Phone: +61 421 406 272

Comment

• bestial
                        • Jun 2008

I did feel the jacket during the weekend when I was visiting a friend. The leather was very stiff, felt like it would be hard to move in. but I assume with time it will break in and become softer.

Comment

• dji
                          • Feb 2008

odd, my jacket is still really quite soft despite the fact that it's been washed.

Comment

• croatoan
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                            Would love to check one out in person just to examine the quality of it. There may be something I'm missing. One of the fit pics I saw had a weird effect going on with the shoulder seam...
                            I think every single Obscur jacket suffers the same thing.

Comment

• I tried it irl, and i don't know what you're talking about with the shoulder seam thing. It looks perfect on, and the leather is really soft. the fit is meant to be pretty tight, so it looks very constricting when it's zipped all the way up. i like it alot.

Comment

• beardown
                                rekoner
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                                I tried it irl, and i don't know what you're talking about with the shoulder seam thing. It looks perfect on, and the leather is really soft.

I'm not trying to agitate anyone, I'm just openly asking a few questions about it. I really like the original versions I saw. I'm just wondering how close these are to those earlier versions. The leather looks a little bit different and the cut looks a little different as well.
                                Never seen it IRL or touched it so these are visual observations from photos.
                                I know that what you start out with in leather jackets is usually much different than what you end up with so the fact that they're new probably has a lot to do with how they photograph.
                                Originally posted by mizzar
                                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎