• Apr 2008

ahh ok

Comment

• .steve
      • Jan 2009

Comment

• Nikov
        • Nov 2008

nice cop on the boots, DJI and steve. do they have leather soles?

also tried the new jut necks at A yesterday. beautiful indeed. word of advice, the black fits really slim. a lot slimmer than the red jut neck in the same size.

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

cheers N. the boots have a goodyear welted leather sole, with an additional leather protective sole.

didn't think the fit should vary depending on the colour of the leather. imo the jut neck fits similarly to the old one in the chest, but is a fair bit slimmer through the body and arms.

Comment

• scott.m
            • Mar 2009

and now i finally have something to wear besides converse, thank god. next target, cloak trench, soon i hope, fingers crossed.

Comment

• merkuri
              • Sep 2009

^very nice. wife bought one 2 weeks ago. did they still have stock or did you proxy?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                +J charcoal wool single-breasted coat
                Did that come with lint remover already or did you have to buy one separately?
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                  Not sure what you mean by that but it's not picking up much lint. I have another Uniqlo wool jacket that I don't wear much because of that problem but this one doesn't seem to share the issue.
                  I mean that quality is shit, of course, as with anything at Uniqlo beyond basic items. One simply cannot do items like these at prices like these without majorly compromising quality, no matter what economies of scale they enjoy.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

jesus christ faust.

mona, i thought the fabrics looked pretty good, at least from the durability p.o.v....except for the cashmere sweaters which were already pilling. Glad you found something--hope you will post a pic.
                    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• homi
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      I mean that quality is shit, of course, as with anything at Uniqlo beyond basic items. One simply cannot do items like these at prices like these without majorly compromising quality, no matter what economies of scale they enjoy.
                      lol theres plenty of designer items with "shit" quality as well. And I don't know how you can purely comment on quality without relation to the price at all. It's GOOD quality at a LOW price
                      but to each their own
                      THIRD LOOKS : http://www.thirdlooks.com
                      Internet Fame http://www.internet-fame.com

Comment

• MikeN
                        • Nov 2007

You know I've always found these designer collaborations with stores like Uniqlo, H&M, TopShop, etc a bit odd. It seems like people go crazy for them, especially in New York. I really never saw the appeal. It's like that quote from Alber Elbaz where he likens diffusion lines to the stepsisters from Cinderella. No one wants to be the stepsisters. Well, I guess some people do because this stuff still sells.

I have a lot of friends here in NYC who work at low-to-mid level fashion showrooms and PR companies who call me a label whore because they know I like Rick Owens, Margiela, etc... Meanwhile these same people are the ones lining up when H&M announces another dumb collab. At least when I buy something with someone's name on it, I am (usually) buying quality materials, top notch construction, and unique design. When someone I know buys Jil Sander for Uniqlo or CDG for H&M, they are ONLY buying the name. They are getting shitty materials, lousy construction, and watered-down design still meant for mass market. I call THEM the label whores. I'll gladly save my money for the real deal.

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

i called the deli guy a label whore the other day,
                          but thats because he priced the oringina too high
                          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• MikeN
                            • Nov 2007

that's what you get for gentrifying DUMBO!

Comment

• random
                              • Dec 2007

the uniqlo x kiminori morishita pieces look nice. i usually hate these collabs but think these are worth checking out.
                              I don't exist.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                                You know I've always found these designer collaborations with stores like Uniqlo, H&M, TopShop, etc a bit odd. It seems like people go crazy for them, especially in New York. I really never saw the appeal. It's like that quote from Alber Elbaz where he likens diffusion lines to the stepsisters from Cinderella. No one wants to be the stepsisters. Well, I guess some people do because this stuff still sells.

I have a lot of friends here in NYC who work at low-to-mid level fashion showrooms and PR companies who call me a label whore because they know I like Rick Owens, Margiela, etc... Meanwhile these same people are the ones lining up when H&M announces another dumb collab. At least when I buy something with someone's name on it, I am (usually) buying quality materials, top notch construction, and unique design. When someone I know buys Jil Sander for Uniqlo or CDG for H&M, they are ONLY buying the name. They are getting shitty materials, lousy construction, and watered-down design still meant for mass market. I call THEM the label whores. I'll gladly save my money for the real deal.
                                its all about the hype with these, h&m and uniqlo pay a bit to get this sort of a collabo and basically make a shitload of money selling nearly the same product they do otherwise. I'm not sure what the designers get out of it, publicity (bad sort..?) and money? maybe there is an element of design to some of the items, but rarely, its mostly slightly modified basics. maybe a few items in the cdg collabo stood out from regular h&m, but the quality is still the same, and its certainly watered down from the designers actual work.

but the again, if you're looking for something basic, maybe decent quality depending on the garment, why not. I saw a couple of nice womens pieces in the Jil Sander stuff, I don't see anything wrong with paying regular uniqlo prices for these items. as long as theres no lining up involved
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎