• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by mass View Post
    i did like the unicloak collabo... it really did seem like a cloak diffusion line, and quality was actually pretty good.
    I was thinking about this, I liked a few pieces as well, until I bought some. they just didn't feel substantial at all, the button up felt and even fit like h&m jawns. the other item, a jacket, was really flimsy and also somewhat ill fitting.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• jgan85
      • Apr 2008

just weighing in on uniqlo

have always liked uniqlo, no issues with the quality at that price. agreed on the KM/Uniqlo. I don't expect KM mainline quality, but even considering that the four KM/Uniqlo items I have are of very decent quality indeed.
      ________
      Gang bang xxx
      Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I am not saying their quality is terrible for everything. Like, I said - I think it's good for basic stuff, like jeans and tshirts (I have a couple of pairs of jeans, and people have their tees). But the discussion started off with a designer collab coat.

Laika, I thought we are here to discuss sartorial excellence, not sartorial mediocrity. And I get the eye-roll treatment!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Apr 2009

This pair of V-A boots I was looking for a while back. Finally! and 1 of 2 in Australia!

And this DD unbalanced scarf shirt
          Originally posted by dji
          don't hesitate, just buy.

Comment

• DRRRK
            • Aug 2009

I like the shape of the shoes, but the stitching makes me think of a scarecrow. The Damir Doma shirt is beautiful. I missed that before.
            Overall two of my three favourite designers. Good choice.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I was speaking from experience though. I have seen this stuff, 90% of it will end up in consumers' trash bins within a year.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                • Oct 2006

Not so sure about that. I see plenty of people who have still got the old Uniqlo collaboration pieces that are still going strong. Girl I know with some of the CdG stuff still wear a few pieces all the time and they look great.
                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• dontbecruel
                  • Sep 2006

I have worn my Plokhov/Uniqlo shorts (thanks Laika) at least 500 times, tumble dried them, swam in the sea in them, subjected them to all the hazards of child-rearing and they have lived to tell the tale. The fabric and stiching look pretty cheap but the shorts are indestructible.

My Bless waxed linen shorts were 1000 times more beautiful when new but only lasted one summer (what a gorgeous summer though!)

Although it is tempting to claim we buy designer for the "quality" I really don't think it's realistic to argue that high fashion buyers get longer life out of their clothes than high street punters. Anyone prepared to spend £200 on a shirt is already thoroughly drunk on the ephemeral side of life.

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

Ok, let's me strike a blow.

Now, I want Pip to come back and make some sarcastic comments on my new RO purchase !
                    Last edited by Chant; 10-26-2009, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• cuddly
                      • Sep 2007

like what he said ^^

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

DBC and Servo, these one-off examples are fine and dandy, but I highly doubt that they reflect what happens en masse.

Christian, I would like to know what made you buy these.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                          • Mar 2009

He's just running for the skort, Faust
                          I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                          I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• christian, i hope yours last about 20 times longer than my shoes did.

Comment

• BSR
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post

Christian, I would like to know what made you buy these.
                              My guess: pure lust.
                              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• dndy1840
                                • Sep 2008

He got busted trying to smuggle CCP stuff into France at the italian border ; now he has to clean Paris sewers as a sentence.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎