X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

i like the long black coat duncan good buy

wire artist - sorry mate but i'm gonna have to contest your nomination - I say the best baggy pants are the 'unbalanced' Che pants from F/W 09-10. it's hard to see the big deal in photos but they're the best 'luxe' worker style pant I've ever seen or tried on. the asymmetrical effect on the waist--> drop crotch area and how the back pockets all kinda move center diagonally after buttoning is awesome to behold in person. not to mention the pockets are deep enough to house a family of 3.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• H-R
      • May 2007

^ Those 'unbalanced' pants sound interesting... Are they shown in the runway pics at all?

Comment

• dalmatas
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
        anyway, joining the ccp recent buy bandwagons

here's one.

again, Darklands
        Dope snkrs! drip-drip-drip...
        Originally posted by cjbreed
        CCP is heroin. no, wait CCP is crack because it takes all your money in about 10 minutes...

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by H-R View Post
          ^ Those 'unbalanced' pants sound interesting... Are they shown in the runway pics at all?
          yes but the picture is nothing to write home about

seen up close there's interesting stitching/pocket placement details. they are coined 'unbalanced' in the lookbook because of the huge waist, you have the option to button them in three different places...for most normal waists you'd button them to the furthest right and it creates a diagonal crotch effect that sounds unflattering but i find it kinda 3D and gnarly looking.

there's also a drawstring variation of this pant and it looked even baggier and heavier. very intimidating when viewed on the clothes rack.
          www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• droogist
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
            omg, i would have fought you for the jacket, but it was too big for me...i'm surprised it's not too big for you, i assumed we were the same size?
            So did I. You're an S, right? I'm an S. The jacket's an S. But hey, if you insist on being a size other than S be my guest, it reduces the competition considerably.

Comment

• bestial
              • Jun 2008

Thanks for all support guys, I think this will be well in the future. Everything has just been so crazy, with all the wait, and broken shoes etc. and now they finally came and was the wrong size. Felt the CCP-curse.

There is a very small possibility that these are not my shoes, that this is another custom order that has gotten mixed up, I actually hope that it's the answer.

Comment

• Avantster
                ¤¤¤
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post

seen up close there's interesting stitching/pocket placement details. they are coined 'unbalanced' in the lookbook because of the huge waist, you have the option to button them in three different places...for most normal waists you'd button them to the furthest right and it creates a diagonal crotch effect that sounds unflattering but i find it kinda 3D and gnarly looking.

there's also a drawstring variation of this pant and it looked even baggier and heavier. very intimidating when viewed on the clothes rack.
                I really liked the rear pocket placement on the pants, though it was seriously huge on me, and I like my pants baggy. Such a shame they didn't have my size.
                let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• H-R
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post

Ah ok. I can picture what you mean, I think I've seen that diagonal crotch effect on older Damir stuff and Lumen et Umbra

Comment

• Peasant
                    • Jul 2009

I was pretty skeptical when I first saw these sneakers, but these black ones look good. It'll be interesting to see how all of the drip footwear looks in a few months. It's either like armor or will slough off. Probably a good look either way.

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by droogist View Post
                      So did I. You're an S, right? I'm an S. The jacket's an S. But hey, if you insist on being a size other than S be my guest, it reduces the competition considerably.
                      i am, but the shoulder and chest measurements of that particular piece were too big for me and of course i'm shorter than you. i'm glad you got it anyway, just imagining all the chalayan in your closet makes me happy.
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Torchiere
                        • May 2009

Dries scarf just came in, the pattern is really awesome.

Comment

• MikeN
                          • Nov 2007

I'm going to use this thread to report my recent loss, as opposed to recent purchase. With a heavy heart I am sad to announce that last night, my Junya Watanabe F/W '07 black coat went missing in the shitty club I was DJing. Also it had my apartment keys in the pocket, so I had to spend the night on a friend's couch. If anyone sees this pop-up on ebay, Ina, Tokyo Seven, etc... by chance, please let me know.

Good night, sweet prince.

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

Wow that really sucks

Comment

• Stack
                              • Jan 2008

jesus christ, Mike, that fucking sucks.

a couple of years ago after i left a club, i got a taxi home and stumbled out of it about half a mile away from my pad because i felt like i was going to puke.

eventually i got home and got into bed. i woke up the next morning to drag myself to work and realised that my wallet was missing. i had around £80 in there, credit cards, driver's licence etc and that's when the wave of nausea hit me again. i spent the day cancelling my cards, requesting a new driver's licence, NI cards and what not and sat at my desk feeling like a sack of shit. i was miserable as fuck to say the least.

then at around 4pm as i was about to leave i get an email saying that i'd received a message on facebook. i checked it and it was some guy saying that he'd found my wallet and due to my name being quite unique he thought he'd search for me on facebook before mailing my wallet to the address on the driver's licence. i met up with him half an hour later to collect my wallet (including it's entire contents) and as a thank you i bought him a few beers.

there are SOME kind souls out there!
                              once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

OUCH mike, sorry for your loss. A good black coat is man's 2nd best friend.

Stack I remember losing my wallet on a bus back in the summer of 98 in Hong Kong of all places. somehow it got returned to the police station intact, think the chances of something like that happening are slimmer than death by falling off a bed.
                                www.matthewhk.net

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎