Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • move_ment
    • Feb 2009

I don't trust other drivers/pedestrians, going brakeless would not be an option. I did look into frames double and triple the price and the shape was no where near as nice as this, although obviously better quality. I don't plan on being a balla so this will suffice.

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

Brakeless is fucking stupid. 70% of stopping is from the front wheel. Brakeless riders have about 30% the ability to stop of those of us with brakes. They can go on forever about how good they are at it, but physics says they can't stop for shit, and physics wins.
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by move_ment View Post
        I don't trust other drivers/pedestrians, going brakeless would not be an option. I did look into frames double and triple the price and the shape was no where near as nice as this, although obviously better quality. I don't plan on being a balla so this will suffice.
        It totally see what you're saying. My one argument (which is not as strong as the safety stance you have) is that when you ride brakeless you are forces to pay more attention to traffic...and it's a beautiful thing, as you begin to find a rythm in your city. I know it sounds cheesy, but when I'm on my road bike (geared) I am not nearly as in-tune as I was when I used to ride fixed/brakeless. Enjoy your bike! My favourite part is the seat collar.
        Le 21ème

Comment

• move_ment
          • Feb 2009

yeah brakeless seems a bit respectful imo. That being said, I will only run a front brake, 70% as theetruscan says, will be enough for me. The bike has an option of fixed or single, just a matter of flipping the back wheel, which will be fun to experiment with.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
            • Jun 2009

Ahhh, the flip-flop. Yes, Single speed is so fun, and effortless! Enjoy! PM me a ride-report! Cycling is my life...thus I can't fit in most Japanese brands...thighs are too big, LOL.
            Le 21ème

Comment

• merkuri
              • Sep 2009

shit, i am still riding my 1988 haro master

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                • Jun 2009

Hey, there's nothing wrong with that!
                Le 21ème

Comment

• Bring The Noise
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                  dude if thats a size 3, and u get tired of it...pm me

Comment

• MoFiya
                    • Sep 2007

^ nah it's a Sz.2 but seems as if I got a well-loved piece... Already received plenty of messages asking the same :D
                    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• black horizons
                      • Jan 2008

That piece commonly shows up on Y! for reasonable prices, but more likely a 1 or 2.
                      www.black-horizons.com

Comment

• doldrums
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                        Brakeless is fucking stupid. 70% of stopping is from the front wheel. Brakeless riders have about 30% the ability to stop of those of us with brakes. They can go on forever about how good they are at it, but physics says they can't stop for shit, and physics wins.
                        I don't dispute the front brake fact. However, I love riding brakeless whenever possible and have been for several years without issue. You compensate.

When I move to a hillier city next year, I'll get a front brake. Till then, much happier times on my bike.

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

mofiya i like that shirt ! even the color looks good

Comment

• sky cracks open
                            • Nov 2009

I've never posted outside of the Classifieds section until now, but here are a few things I got recently.

julius messenger bag - some of the nicest, softest leather i've ever felt. thanks hommedeguerre.

boris bidjan saberi leather jacket - i've wanted this for about 6 months, and i finally decided to break down and order it a few weeks ago. very happy with it so far.

also a pair of julius jeans should be coming soon in the mail, but i can't find a good picture of them online.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                              • Jun 2009

Glad you liked the bag! I want that BBS jacket SO badly! Jealous!
                              Le 21ème

Comment

• sky cracks open
                                • Nov 2009

yeah, that jacket is part of the reason i'm tight on money right now, but it was worth it!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎