• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

Congrats, Albert. It's a very beautiful jacket, indeed.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kucejoe
      • Sep 2006

Albert: I love the color of your CCP jacket...post pictures when you get it.

Speaking of CCP, I got my first CCP item, a t-shirt. Unfortunately it does not fit properly (see sales thread), but on the other hand, I think I finally understand why CCP is so cool. I want more...(if it fits).

Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• nairb49
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="Jshockmtl"]Finally got a Neil Barrett leather jacket. Its the multi-pocket beaten one in black! So happy about this
        [/quote]

Ahhh! You got it! Nice pick up man, thats a beauty.

Comment

• eaglewood
          • Feb 2007

Hi Ionn26

I have that ss/07 CCP overlock leather jacket. The sizing this season is confusing because last season the black jacket was cut so large. I am usually a 48. I have tried CCP leather jackets before in 50 and they were OK. I could wear a size smaller but 50 was OK. Last season the 50 was too large for me. This season the 50 is fine - that is what I have. I think that I would be marginal in a 48 this season.

Part of the sizing issue this season is that the the sleeves are cut slim. That makes a difference I think. Also the lining is a cotton/poly mesh that is slightly abrasive so it is difficult to get, say a longsleeve cotton top, into the sleeve of the jacket.

The leather is Grey but with a green tint to it. It is a very nice color. The leather is stiff but it is quite a lot thinner than last season. I have had mine for a about a week and the leather on the sleeves is softening but in the body and the back not so much at the moment. The leather is shiny but it is going more matt especially on the sleeves.

It is a great jacket. I loved the contrast white stitching last season I think that is is the most dramatic of the overlocks so far. The stitching this season has its charm too. I think for what I will use the jacket for this season's is probably more versitile for me.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Welcome, eaglewood. It would be nice to see a picture of it on you. I really like that jacket as well, and I agree that the matching overlock stitching has its own charm (I find its charm is subtlety).
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ionn26
              • Feb 2007

hey Eaglewood,

Thanks for the description that actually help alot.. although I have to say I am 5'10, and 155lb so I don't know if 48 would fit me.. Like you say I am a bit worried about the stiffness of the leather.. I know that it does soften up but like I mentioned before when I tried the size 48 at library.... I could not breath when I zipped up. Now that size 50 and 52 is gone... I dont think I have a chance to own this jacket for this season.. I know that albert was also saying that this season CCP cuts very small.. so not sure.. I agree it is such a great jacket... although I have to say green is not the color for me.. but all my clothes are black.. so.. another black leather jacket is not so exciting too.. I like the stitching this season that it is more subtle but thick seams. I LOVE the tight sleeve.. so you can bunch it up without it keeps falling off.. although it does cut off your blood circulation.. hehehe

Like everyone is screaming.. loove to see a picture of it on ya

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Yeah it's cut SMALL this season. I am a 50 (on the slightly small side of 50 as I can take blazers and some pants of CCP in a 48 along with other brands that are notoriously slim cut) and I literally could not get my arms into the sleeves of the 50 in this season's leather jacket. I HAD to size up. I can't wait until it breaks in though! If I have more money (yeah... this jacket really tapped me out) then I'd also get the black with white stitchwork overlock from last season. Lovely piece but my outerwear is literally all black so I had to break up the monotony.

E-wood, welcome! It's pretty badass that you have both overlocks! Quite a solid thing to have! I'll echo everyone and say "photos!!!!!"

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• eaglewood
                  • Feb 2007

CHinoriz

Both jackets - I wish. I brought the 50 in the last season design but it was too big and so I exchanged it for 50 this season. That is how I have had experience with both jackets.

I will see what I can do over the weekend about photos. I did really appreciate all the photos supplied by you people when I was trying to decide on a jacket and reciprocity has its place.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

yohji cardigan

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

/\ glad you got it, it's beautiful.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eaglewood
                        • Feb 2007

ccp leather overlock ss/07

Comment

• eaglewood
                          • Feb 2007

Comment

• ionn26
                            • Feb 2007

eaglewood.. that ccp leather jacket loos great on you. You mentioned that the sleeves were tight this season, it looks like it is tight around the elbow, is that right? The shoulder looked fine

How tall are you btw???

Comment

• eaglewood
                              • Feb 2007

ionn26

It is not too tight in the elbow but at the moment I am wearing it with just a tshirt. It gets more difficullt with a shirt or something else long sleeved underneath. It is a european summer jacket. I live in Australia and it is probably good for winter here.

I am 182 cm.

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                                • Sep 2006

eaglewood.greatpurchase the color is beautiful. i always liked ccp's grey object dyed leather items because of the contrast of the dye between grey, black and a little white (sometimes green). absolutely stunning! the jacket fits you very well. makes me want to get one...the pressure! havent really succombed to the pressure yet but maybe this fall, who knows.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎