Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orphée
    • Apr 2008

Sleeves on the CCP look fine, and the shoulders do not appear to cave in, so the size should be okay. If you are looking for an tighter fit, a smaller size would only be an option of you could get your shoulders into it witout making a mess of things.

Comment

• minomni
      • Oct 2006

i don't think the overcoat idea works with CCP as the chest and shoulder fit increase only marginally with an increase in size.

bsr; it works well if you take care to keep the central axis of closure in tact. this requires an incremental shift of the four buttons from let's say 1.5 cm on the top button, 2 cm on the second, 2.75 cm on the third and 2.75 cm on the fourth. depends on your body of course with consideration to keep the side seams in vertical alignment as well.. i had to do this to the 46 as even with heavy layering it was too broad in the body.

Comment

• YoungM
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
        I adore these boots so much. The leather is utterly fantastic, and the dipping just adds to the effect. Definitely my favorite of the dipped footwear.

Comment

• fenrost
          Banned
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by bestial View Post
          when I saw that you had posted fenrost, I knew there was gonna be something nice! love the fabric of the pants, is there a blazer to match with also?
          i doubt it exist on the blazers, but in the coats, yeah.

Originally posted by minomni View Post
          r, the pett drop crotch pants look incredible, how narrow are they through the ankle?
          yeap, it's rather straight slim, not skinny tight, from the knee to the ankle, very similar to the denim (kit-r) that i have, except that the wool has the funky buttoned belt loops and doesn't have the chainseams, taperings and glue inside.

personally i find the fabric pett is lighter than dope.
          Last edited by fenrost; 03-10-2010, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• Venus in Furs
            Banned
            • Aug 2009

Thanks for your opinions guys, and thanks for your advice minomni, I'll definitely look into that. While I'm pretty sure a 44 would have fit a bit better, the 46 is actually good through the shoulders and sleeves. I'm gonna hang onto it, it's such a beautiful piece, the fabric's amazing, and I waited so long for it. As Lowrey said, it's not intended to be a super slim coat. It's supposed to be boxy. The coat is pretty much straight up and down through the body, it's cut with no shape.

Comment

• Castor
              • Nov 2009

Cheers. It looks amazing on you and I agree not to tamper with the distinctively straight lines. If you wanted a fitted waist coat, I'm sure you would have bought one.
              Originally posted by DRRRK
              The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
                stunning look, really comes together nicely and you've made it your own. was getting a bit tired of the humptine generic ccp dope coat fit. great buy

Comment

• alice anise
                  • Nov 2009

Yeah but the douche tuck's gotta go.

Comment

• cavity.
                    • May 2009

Undercover. I hope it fits.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                      coat looks pretty good to me.. its intended as somewhat roomy. I have a size 50 and while there is plenty of room in the body, its very fitted in the shoulders and back so I couldn't have sized down.
                      This is fundamentally the issue with all CCP Jackets/ Coats, especially the ones with this semi raglan sleeve........
                      Most of his jackets are cut roomy in the body but very narrow in the shoulders/ arms. Ive had two clients who bought this same coat and requested that I made the body slimmer for them.

Venus, you might want to try the 44, I highly doubt the sleeve length would be more than 1/2 shorter than the 46, which may not look or feel that much different
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Marko
                        • Jul 2009

Fenrost, I think those pants look very good and I think I prefer that version to the denim just because that fabric is not as rigid. The boots are great as well, I really like the color of the latex with the black.

Comment

• fenrost
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2009

i think both are in their own league.

ccp's denim version, i find it more interesting as it has more of the experimental elements.

in regarding the rigidness, they are not permanent. i believe when the tapes/glue inside are starting to crack, then it's a sign that the fabric have already soften up.

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2009

Fenrost, that is a tough looking belt. I was never interested in it before, but now I have an insatiable desire for it.

Comment

• scott.m
                              • Mar 2009

thanks klang

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                                Seriously, I highly doubt that Venus could wear a blazer under this coat. Minomni, that's an interesting suggestion, but do you think it will still be possible to close the collar hook?
                                You usually can with lighter blazers not stuff like CCP. However Poell doesn't cut his overcoat in the right way for this to happen as he wants to do something else with the shoulder and armholes. Those that do it well make it possible for the coat to be worn with or without a blazers.
                                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎