• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

Thanks, guys. One pair of pants worked out for me, the rest I will either return or put up on Ebay...

The Jil Sander bag is killer. John, a public thanks to you. And I know you are glad it went to a good home.

Albert, congrats on the puppy!!! I would love to see the pictures. I love dogs. How are you going to bring it back to the US?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

[quote user="CHRIS"]

i dont care what anyone says, i fucking love house of holland tees (but then again, i live in a suburban shithole. if i lived in, say, london, i probably wouldnt be caught dead in one). i've been trying to track down "i dont do womens, only raf simons" for a while, if anyone could point me in the right direction.

[/quote]

Chris, Barneys online has the shirt you want. Thought you might like to know.

Also, I found this one on Barney's site as well, I find it hilarious.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• explicit
        • Jan 2007

just received:

CCP ss02 visible fly trousers in salmon
        Cloak fw04 hoodie

(both from gutponcho, whom I cannot say enough good things about)

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Thanks, guys. One pair of pants worked out for me, the rest I will either return or put up on Ebay...

The Jil Sander bag is killer. John, a public thanks to you. And I know you are glad it went to a good home.

Albert, congrats on the puppy!!! I would love to see the pictures. I love dogs. How are you going to bring it back to the US?

[/quote]

Can't wait to see you rocking the new pants Faust! I'll post photos of our new puppy tomorrow or monday.

I've looked into the transportation to the US and it's not too bad especially if it's a small dog. As long as it has the rabies vaccination form everything is smooth sailing!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

get your papers done early chinorlz - i had a friend that had a really hard time getting their dog from HK to China - so plan ahead!

congrats on the buy! can't wait to get my own puppies - my dogs are getting really really old...

Comment

• nairb49
              • Dec 2006

Sounds adorable! My best friend just got a new puppy as well, Shiloh Shepherd (new breed, not recognized yet). Her poodle is 18.5 years old though....

Uber-pissed I missed out on everything at the Yoox sale. Alas, will have to wait for cycle two i guess.

Comment

• explicit
                • Jan 2007

Just ordered the CCP leather/paper belt from A. I'll take some of my own pics when it arrives.

I'm still waiting for them to get in the CCP oxfords I'm lusting after (I'd buy the asymmetrical zip boots instead, but I already have enough boots and no real dress shoes to speak of).

Comment

• dontbecruel
                  • Sep 2006

Nearly two years since I lusted after them in the catwalk show I finally got hold of a pair of these shoes at an (almost) reasonable price.

Now I wish I had a pair of the cropped pajama trousers they were paired
                  with on the runway.

Still in love with that first Ann men only show
                  (SS06). Am I the only one who thinks it's the most interesting stuff
                  she's done for men? (obviously I don't support the hideous t-shirt in the shot above, but then her graphics are always tacky to my mind)

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user="explicit"]

Just ordered the CCP leather/paper belt from A. I'll take some of my own pics when it arrives.

I'm still waiting for them to get in the CCP oxfords I'm lusting after (I'd buy the asymmetrical zip boots instead, but I already have enough boots and no real dress shoes to speak of).

[/quote]

Great buy. That makes two of us who are waiting on those oxfords...Hopefully sometime soon. :)

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]

Nearly two years since I lusted after them in the catwalk show I finally got hold of a pair of these shoes at an (almost) reasonable price.

[/quote]

I also liked these shoes at the time but they strike me as a pretty easy DIY job, don't you agree? In fact I should stop talking about it and start on two shoe projects I have, this one and painting a pair of leather laceups white (pretty easy to do, IMHO)

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• dontbecruel
                        • Sep 2006

I agree in theory Fuuma, but it's the sort of thing I will do badly or never do at all. I've seen other pre-paint-splattered shoes before (e.g. Margiela) and they've always looked crappy so I think I prefer to leave the Pollock shoe thing to the pros.

In any case, I paid ?150 and I think that isn't too shameful when you consider the cost of buying some nice grey suede shoes and a few pots of enamel paint.

By the way, I don't know of any generic brand that actually makes plimsoll-style suede shoes of the sort that Ann turns out every summer. Does anyone else? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would buy them. People here and on tFS always seem to be admiring her ridiculously priced sneakers.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

DBC, we have completely opposite view on Ann's work. It's kinda fascinating, actually.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I agree in theory Fuuma, but it's the sort of thing I will do badly or never do at all. I've seen other pre-paint-splattered shoes before (e.g. Margiela) and they've always looked crappy so I think I prefer to leave the Pollock shoe thing to the pros.

In any case, I paid ?150 and I think that isn't too shameful when you consider the cost of buying some nice grey suede shoes and a few pots of enamel paint.

By the way, I don't know of any generic brand that actually makes plimsoll-style suede shoes of the sort that Ann turns out every summer. Does anyone else? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would buy them. People here and on tFS always seem to be admiring her ridiculously priced sneakers.

[/quote]

I have an offer to buy a brand new high-top pair for $128, but I'm kinda iffy - I don't really wear sneakers... Have to think. Maybe I can ask to have them for $100 even.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

I would say go for it Faust. Even if you get them and find you don't like them, you could atleast sell them and make a little extra cash money.

Comment

• Avantster
                                ¤¤¤
                                • Sep 2006

Picked up an LUC freeform hat (thanks coldrice!) and a pair of black cotton dress pants from HL. It's perfect for work.

I'm enjoying the House of Holland discussion. I bought the 'cause me pain, hedi slimane' tee quite a few months ago - but more because slimane's recent collections were causing me pain!
                                Nice one Kucejoe!

Faust, good to see you've finally found your 'companion'. I am still searching for mine!

Now I wish I had a pair of the cropped pajama trousers they were paired
                                with on the runway.

[/quote]

DBC I've got a pair of those trousers in dark grey I'd be willing to sell - pm me if you're interested :-)

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎