X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • underground lover
    • Feb 2010

In love.

Got this Ann feather a few weeks back after pining over it for months. Beautiful.

(Pictured with men's Rick tank and leather)

subvert normality.

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
      Heh, it's funny how I also thought of wire's shirt when I saw it. I like it actually, though best worn underneath a jacket rather than by itself.
      & i feel it'd also work well as a shirt jacket worn over a t-shirt.
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Mail-Moth
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post
        This kind of buy makes me think that it's now absolutely necessary to open a new thread, "The French Corner (aka The Bar)", to discuss matters that can not be discussed in English.

Et préparer aussi le goudron et les plumes.
        Les plumes y sont déjà

Je savais que tu adorerais cette chemise. Mais je suis certain que nous pouvons essayer d'en parler en anglais, quoi qu'il y ait à en dire : quand on est capable de commander ça et de le porter, tu penses si on est prêt au reste !

Et le bar, c'est dimanche, chez Adeline, si tu es dispo !

Heh, it's funny how I also thought of wire's shirt when I saw it. I like it actually, though best worn underneath a jacket rather than by itself.

& i feel it'd also work well as a shirt jacket worn over a t-shirt.
        Yes, that's Y's. And this is exactly what I'm planning to do !
        I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
        I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

the coat also has a classic Y's shape, that is seen not as often in the mainline even. It's interesting to note the subtle nuances of variance between the two, especially since a lot of seasons featured items in both lines which could be seen as direct parallels but with a very slight touch that made it distinguishable where each was from, and often times this smallest of gaps could very well bring up a completely different look or effect, or intention for different wearers.

Overall I'd say Y's is more suitable for day wear; it was one of the most versatile lines for wardrobing from anybody.
          www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Mail-Moth
            • Mar 2009

But the coat is YY pour homme, not Y's. That seems to confirm your assertion, though.
            I'm not familiar enough with the two brands myself to notice differences of that kind. I'm a very opportunistic buyer, I'm afraid.

Comment

• dndy1840
              • Sep 2008

Well, MM, I am terribly sorry but this shirt is beyond words in any language I'm afraid.

Then, yes, we can try to talk about it, but we will surely end arguing about it.
              I am aware that I am very young and dress quite badly. Then, my opinion does not really count, but, hey, please, my grand-mother wants her tapestry back ! (And she told me to tell you not to be late again at your point-de-croix lesson.)
              Or you can pair it with a nice hat, for the total Tour de France swagga :

By the way, Adeline won't let you in anymore, and especially not this sunday, now that she has seen your real face.

Did you say harsh ? Well, maybe

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                That seems to confirm your assertion, though.
                If anything it confirms my penchant for talking out of my ass! My trump card has been turned face up

dndy, the shirt is a prime example of the kind of kitsch YY and CdG are so good at in their most off-center moments. Must be something in the Japanese air...I rewatched Takeshi Kitano's Brother yesterday, and at its best was highly effective in articulating an equally awkward rhythm and perspective. Can't quite describe it, but I get the feeling only the Japanese are capable of expressing themselves like this.
                www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                  • Mar 2009

Dndy : at least you didn't mention JP Mattei's fancy prints

It is not about being young. It has become quite normal to see printed garments (especially shirts, I think) as a zenith of tackiness. No wonder why. Whe had a discussion on another thread about minimalism, which says it all, I think. And it really had something to do with my decision to buy that shirt, in fact.

(Sorry for the persons involved )

I can't develop more for the moment, but there is much to say about it. And FtB already just said a big bit about it. It relates to gravity and buffoonery at the same time. Too complicated to explain in a few words - at least for me, and right now.

Comment

• dndy1840
                    • Sep 2008

The problem is, Fade, that MM is anything but kitsch. The Moth in this shirt brings up words like sacrilege or blasphemy ...

(And for once I can question his "good taste" and impeccable choices, so I couldn't let this one go !)

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

I can't develop more for the moment, but there is much to say about it. And FtB already just said a big bit about it. It relates to gravity and buffoonery at the same time. Too complicated to explain in a few words - at least for me, and right now.
                      No, it makes sense.

dndy: you're right, MM is anything but kitsch, but likewise, so is Yohji. Yet when I look close enough, I can tell even in their most austere and dignified moments, they easily have the capacity to flip over and pull off something wacky with the same graceful aplomb.
                      www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

Faust is going to wake up to a discussion on kitsch...shit.

Comment

• Dannyagency
                          • Jan 2010

Bless triangle bag scarf

Leather scarf

BLESS

Comment

• curiouscharles
                            • Jan 2008

Les plumes y sont déjà

Je savais que tu adorerais cette chemise. Mais je suis certain que nous pouvons essayer d'en parler en anglais, quoi qu'il y ait à en dire : quand on est capable de commander ça et de le porter, tu penses si on est prêt au reste !

Et le bar, c'est dimanche, chez Adeline, si tu es dispo !

Yes, that's Y's. And this is exactly what I'm planning to do !
                            please speak in french more, great practise for me 8)

-

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by wire.artist
                              So did I hehe,

Nice purchases Moth, my shirt looks great paired with a clean black fabric, never on its own as B pointed out. Coming from a japanase designer the meaning and intentions of a printed garment are more traditional and vernacular than anything.
                              I don't find a nice kimono fabric tacky.
                              Thanks A.
                              But of course I couldn't be completely serious when I called it tacky. I was rather thinking about the reactions I could easily predict. However, I wonder how Yohji sees it. Obviously he's not considering the sole traditional dimension of it, there's something more to it, that has to do with nonchalance and fun, as far as I can understand it. Those prints are beautifuly executed, and yet they seem to be meant not to be taken seriously. That's fascinating - like some kind of precious jest.

Comment

• Avantster
                                ¤¤¤
                                • Sep 2006

The Moth's shirt is certainly reminiscent of traditional kasuri weaving/indigo dying that uses a repeated motif, usually on hemp and ramie fabrics. I'm not sure of the intentions behind the shirt in this case but traditional prints are simply decorative in the sense of being part of the fabric and nothing more. But it's interesting to note that in Yohji's menswear you'll almost always see interesting prints or a splash of surprisingly garish colour amongst the swathes of black on the runway.

Either way, I do look forward to seeing MM wearing it together with a T-shirt as a shirt jacket.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎