Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prototypes
    • Oct 2008

I would say it's somehow nice to be expose to all these while you're younger (but too not young) and when you come to appreciate the product as well as understand the designer's vision, i guess you're on the right track. Its true money cant buy you style but at least it can get you a step ahead at times...

nice buys sz

Comment

• Sombre
      • Jan 2009

This conversation comes up at least every 5 pages here on in WAYWT, and as far as I can tell, it's a double standard, as the criticism varies widely based on the member in question. Believe what you want, but apply those beliefs to everyone in question, not selectively to some (aimed at everyone, not to any one poster above).

In regards to Fark, I can't see this as wagonism (Jamaican term) because if I recall corerctly, he has lived in Rick Owens everyday for the last 5 or 6 months. If by that time and so much wear a person doesn't know if that type of clothing is right for them they don't know themselves very well.
      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
        the same here
        i remember snafu was lynched for the same reasons at the beginning
        no, he wasn't. we all simply agreed that he was a crack dealer. which turned out to not be true.

Farkbashing is pretty obvious - he's buying too much too fast, changing his look wholesale, so i don't understand why the backlash comes as a surprise. He seems like a nice kid, but for those who connect and value the clothes beyond "he looks nice and takes nice pictures," this seemingly mindless acquisition is off-putting.

I think I've found my new mantra today - Some thing money can't buy, such as an SZ membership, for everything else there is MasterCard.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BeauIXI
          • Nov 2008

You just keep on ballin', Fark.

Only problem one runs into with balling is the same with knowledge- the more you learn, the more you realize you're ignorant- the more you kop, the more you realize you should just sell it all and kop a few CCP joints.
          Originally posted by philip nod
          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• stereophobic
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Farkhanyassin View Post
            It's all 'cos of my stupid post in the 'evolutions' thread.

Nevermind, carry on.
            if you think it's all because of that stupid post, you're totally wrong.
            An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• move_ment
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Farkbashing is pretty obvious - he's buying too much too fast, changing his look wholesale, so i don't understand why the backlash comes as a surprise. He seems like a nice kid, but for those who connect and value the clothes beyond "he looks nice and takes nice pictures," this seemingly mindless acquisition is off-putting.
              agreed, and I don't think members here should be encouraging it due to also obvious factors which imo need not be pointed out (assuming they posses common sense).

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

Nevermind, carry on.
                the most upsetting thing is not your shopping, but that people are calling you out and you're just putting it off like it's a joke.

stand up for yourself. grow a pair. if this is what you choose to wear and buy, then respond to the farkbashing...

don't hide under a rock like the last time merz told you to gtfo the nicest way he could..

Comment

• Grazzesto
                  • Mar 2010

Nevermind, carry on.
                  "Glunge" style started 2010

Join date Jan 2010

I just don't find the style sincere, not too long ago you were in full blown neon clothes.

Just a difference between throwing some clothes on, and actually wearing them.

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

Everybody here made the same turn as Fark. Everybody. Because nobody here is born wearing full CCP, RO or I dunno who.
                    But since it was some time ago (even though the pics are still on the internet of what they were wearing before), they like to think that they're more deeply connected to the designers work. Let the time to Fark to become an older member...

And it's right, since he appeared here, he's sticking to RO, mostly.

I strongly disagree : the way Fark (does not) respond to the bashing is the best way to do. The guy is ,ot that young...

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

the guy is what, SEVENTEEN? y'all need to lighten the fuck up and stop bullying some kid. why do you even care what he does?

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                        • Jan 2010

Look, I probably appreciate clothes just as much as everyone here. I'm buying staple pieces from other brands but I'm still mostly RO (or Adeline's stuff). T shirts can be worn everyday, so are pants.
                        I've lived in my RO jogging pants every other day. I jog with them, I dress in them, I sleep with them. I feel very comfortable in the clothing that I buy and they do mean very much to me.

Some of these clothes have become so attached to me like my detroits and rick tees, to the point where my siblings go "I see you in the same uniform everyday, it feels weird to see you in anything else".

So there, I love these pieces that I have along with all my old stuff from more mainstream brands like Prada, and, well, actually just Prada because they've been with me for so long. I think to me, when you spend so much on an item, you'd want to wear them more, just so you can get maximum usage of their lifespan, my RO combats are starting to fall off though, so, their lifespan... not so long :)
                        MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

For the record, I wasn't bashing - just pointing out the reasons.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DRRRK
                            • Aug 2009

Christian, that would mean that you can only reach this kind of style by wearing CCP or Rick Owens? You can look cool in cheap 2nd hand clothes, you can be a goth ninja by shopping at All Saints and not knowing about all these designers. This would still be a more natural evolution than what Fark presented. Not everybody makes this kind of turn, most people progress constantly.
                            I don't want to attack Fark at all, I think he seems to be nice guy with photographic skills, I just want to say that your first sentence could mean that money indeed CAN buy style.

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                              • Jan 2010

No harm done at all! We're all part of a small community, and everyone's here to learn a thing or two. It's nice to have a little discussion or bashing like this once in awhile, just to see what people think. :)
                              MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Sombre
                                • Jan 2009

I agree with Christian. It seems that you all forget that "senior, well-respected" members go on similar shopping sprees and have closet-fulls of the designers discussed here. Except their shopping sprees are greeted with "Ballar!", "sick!", and gifs of Diddy dancing and Obama throwing around cash. If you claim the speed of Fark's purchases is what sets him apart then some sort of myopia must be the culprit, because some of those same members whose purchases people drool over have bought their clothes in similar or shorter time periods. Even so, it's not like Fark has been shopping everyday since joining SZ. He'll buy some stuff, wear the hell out of it, then buy some more stuff. Isn't that what people have been saying they admire about shopping habits? Maybe he came here disillusioned with what exactly this crop of designers does and how the various references and influences fit in, but everyone did that.

Originally posted by Grazzesto View Post
                                "Glunge" style started 2010

Join date Jan 2010

I just don't find the style sincere, not too long ago you were in full blown neon clothes.

Just a difference between throwing some clothes on, and actually wearing them.
                                Where did you start? Others came from wearing pantyhose, some from D&G and the like. Unless, like Christian said, you have always worn something similar, it sounds like a case of the pot and the kettle to me. Besides, I strongly believe that the clothes are less important than what they represent to a person. Maybe Fark's neon clothing and his RO stuff represent similar things to him. Maybe they don't. That's not something he has to share.

Sorry Fark. You probably don't want all this attention. For what it's worth, there are lots of ways to deal with bullying/hazing, and ignoring it isn't necessarily a bad way.
                                An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                                I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎