Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theaddict
    • Apr 2008

Ok ok I admit it, I used to own a Fubu goose coat (which was so thick that I had to turn to the side to get into the tube), dsquared tank tops, d&g jackets, a gucci red green belt(ahhhhhhh!!!), airwalks with red fetlaces, a Roberto cavalli print tshirt, a galliano vneck t with his name printed on the left sleeve... ahhh now i feel reliefed...

Come on guys, admit your sins! Maybe I should start a thread
    "what the fuck did you think when you were wearing this, I guess you were blank"...

A least I never had buffalo sneakers like...muahahajahaajajajajajaiaiaiaiiai
    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

/\ We have that thread somewhere.

But I still think many of you are missing the point. It's not about who started where and how much money they had.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
        • Jan 2010

And for the record, most of my purchases are made with MY money, made from selling MY prints, and doing commisioned work, mostly menus - http://meatworks.com.my/

The only thing my parents have bought me, was my RO drape cardigan, and my sister got me my fluoro single layer tee which was nice :D
        MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Diego
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
          I agree with Christian. It seems that you all forget that "senior, well-respected" members go on similar shopping sprees and have closet-fulls of the designers discussed here. Except their shopping sprees are greeted with "Ballar!", "sick!", and gifs of Diddy dancing and Obama throwing around cash. If you claim the speed of Fark's purchases is what sets him apart then some sort of myopia must be the culprit, because some of those same members whose purchases people drool over have bought their clothes in similar or shorter time periods. Even so, it's not like Fark has been shopping everyday since joining SZ. He'll buy some stuff, wear the hell out of it, then buy some more stuff. Isn't that what people have been saying they admire about shopping habits? Maybe he came here disillusioned with what exactly this crop of designers does and how the various references and influences fit in, but everyone did that.
          Sounds kinda bitter.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
            • Oct 2009

I really can not follow or understand what this discussion or any of these kind of discussions are about. We (meaning most of us) are judging people and their authenticity through some posts and pics on an online forum?
            Anybody and I mean anybody can post a pic on here wearing whatever label. How do you know if Christian, Faust, myself or anybody else on here isn't just dressing up for a pic and quickly changing back to a track suit with the newest Nike sneakers on their feet after that.
            Nobody really knows anybody on here except of course the people who really know each other in real life.
            Why don't we just stick to what we know and judge only what we can see on here. Meaning do you like a fit on someone, do you like their purchases or what they say on here in general.

I like most of Farks pics and purchases and really couldn't care less how he looked like two years ago when he was 15 (!!!!!!) btw.
            Can't even look at pics of me from that age without pissing my pants!
            "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Diego
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              We have that thread somewhere.
              The closet skeleton thread .

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I definitely don't do that, Notorious. Not that I post my outfits here much.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

i agree with christian.

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

i just think fark is excited that he found something that resonates with him and he's buying it up like someone that is, well, excited. i don't fault him at all. and he does seem to actually wear the shit out of it. not just buy it to own it. he uses it. this is not even remotely the same level of mindless consumerism as Zzxyz or whatever his name is.

i tell u something else if fark is 17 and making enough $$ on his own to buy this level of gear then good for him. more power to him. when i was 17 i could barely afford my own weed
                    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                      • Mar 2009

Maybe Fark is treated differently because he's not your average teenageer ?

I mean, the way he's taking photos does say something about his taste.
                      And if he's buying into an aesthetic, he's not adopting ready-to-wear SZ looks ; instead of that he's trying his own combinations - and if some of them are utter failures, a majority work and some are really great.

It looks like Fark's been growing up in a very favorable environment, amongst wealthy and educated people. It simply benefited him, as it does most of the time.
                      Well, that's luck.
                      That's not a sin.

I understand it can be a pain in the ass to see him buy shitloads of great stuff, especially when you're passed your thirties and still can't afford far more modest pieces as easily as you'd like. This is my case, to be honest. But hey - I can't blame him.
                      Nor can I blame my dad
                      Last edited by Mail-Moth; 09-17-2010, 12:19 PM.
                      I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                      I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Lane
                        • Aug 2010

I think much of the aggressiveness towards him comes from that sentiment where moderation is valued. Many people go to work and slave themselves working very hard to obtain some of the pieces Fark has. Maybe they value that long difficult process of obtaining an expensive designer garment. Since when you work hard and eventually get what you want you feel very attached to that item cuz there's a history to how you ended up at that point.

Maybe all of that is lost with Fark's purchases en masse. However, we can't really draw opinions from these practices, and know how much he values his clothing. We might truly know how important these pieces of clothing are to them regardless of how much money he has. They might be a big part of his identity.

I really admire him in that his sense of style is really good. I'd love to see fit pics of all that stuff. I am glad he shared how important these individual pieces are to him.

Some of these clothes have become so attached to me like my detroits and rick tees, to the point where my siblings go "I see you in the same uniform everyday, it feels weird to see you in anything else".
                        This part especially resonates with me.

Comment

• CUTUP
                          • Sep 2009

Glad to see the tide has changed towards Fark, to be honest it seems to just be a mix of being judgemental and all out envy ( myself encluded). Cant help but be envious of a guy with this much style ( and funds to purchase) at this age.

Plus having the guts to try combinations that may be viewed as utter failures, good on you

Cant wait to see his style really develop over the next little while, it should be very interesting to see

Ok, back on track for the thread, I have been on a bit of a tear in recent months. Please pardon the large pics, but I really wanted to show the detail in some of the items

^ Mike I borrowed a pic of your jacket, if you want it removed please ask.
                          Originally posted by marco-von
                          this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• Sombre
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                            Sounds kinda bitter.
                            I'm not bitter at all. I don't care about the spending habits of others. I just don't like double standards.

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
                            I really can not follow or understand what this discussion or any of these kind of discussions are about. We (meaning most of us) are judging people and their authenticity through some posts and pics on an online forum?
                            I completely agree with this and it's what I've always said. This place is not real.

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
                            Anybody and I mean anybody can post a pic on here wearing whatever label. How do you know if Christian, Faust, myself or anybody else on here isn't just dressing up for a pic and quickly changing back to a track suit with the newest Nike sneakers on their feet after that.
                            This is just hilarious. If this were true Idk if I'd laugh myself to death or admire them for such unwavering dedication.
                            An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                            I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Sombre
                              • Jan 2009

^Assuming you mean the high lace-ups, second hand or leftover stock (not probable). I wanted to special order the ones Cutup just posted, but I was told it can't be done. Oh well.
                              An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                              I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                                • Oct 2009

I completely agree with this and it's what I've always said. This place is not real.

This sums up everything I wanted to say.
                                "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎