X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CUTUP
    • Sep 2009

@ Eternal+SombreResplendence

Thanks, I had been looking for the exact pair for ages and lo and behold, BSR had a pair for sale in my size at a very reasonable price. To be quite honest, I was very suprised they lasted for so long. I was torn between these and a high pair of backzips, but these won out

I have never owned anything made of elk leather, the feeling and look of it is very differant from any other leather product I have owned. Highly grained, very thick but very soft and great breathability. I should take some closeup pics of the leather its got some incredibly varied color ( subtle shades of brownand grey in the black), its like wearing a pair of leather socks when I have them on.

So they dont make that model anymore I take it?
    Originally posted by marco-von
    this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

Let's face the Truth, Sisters and Brothers.
      People from Oz are getting nervous since Fark is in da house.
      And they know what it means.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
        I just don't like double standards.
        if something/someone warrants criticism, I'm not going to go through every member who has posted here in the past and consider "hmm, perhaps this user also deserves to be commented on". I'm simply commenting a particular case that I have an opinion on. calling this "bashing" seems wrong, I think this is a fairly civil discussion despite being critical. perhaps check the dictionary for what bashing means.

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
        This place is not real.
        what does this even mean? or are we discussing things that don't matter in real life?
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
          • Oct 2009

what does this even mean? or are we discussing things that don't matter in real life?[/QUOTE]

Not at all.
          But you can never know for sure with whom you discuss these things as long as you don't know these people in real life and I hope we all agree that there is a difference between here and a face to face discussion over a beer.
          "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

of course, but this being the case, there is no other way than to base your opinions on what you see here.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              of course, but this being the case, there is no other way than to draw conclusions based on what you see here
              Agree, thats exactly what I am saying. Lets stick to what we see and read on here cause its all we know about people.
              "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
                Anybody and I mean anybody can post a pic on here wearing whatever label. How do you know if Christian, Faust, myself or anybody else on here isn't just dressing up for a pic and quickly changing back to a track suit with the newest Nike sneakers on their feet after that.
                Nobody really knows anybody on here except of course the people who really know each other in real life.
                Which is... a lot of us... including Christian and Faust.

Comment

• Sombre
                  • Jan 2009

if something/someone warrants criticism, I'm not going to go through every member who has posted here in the past and consider "hmm, perhaps this user also deserves to be commented on". I'm simply commenting a particular case that I have an opinion on. calling this "bashing" seems wrong, I think this is a fairly civil discussion despite being critical. perhaps check the dictionary for what bashing means.

From the OED: "bash - criticize severely."

Originally posted by move_ment View Post
                  nice m.a+ on your daily zekka shop, keep us posted on what you kop tomorrow.
                  Taken with move_ment's other posts on the matter, this seems like a sarcastic post meant to imply that Fark spends too much too frequently, a criticism made more severe by the fact that he chose to be indirect about it, rather than say it explicitly.

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                  stand up for yourself. grow a pair. if this is what you choose to wear and buy, then respond to the farkbashing...

don't hide under a rock like the last time merz told you to gtfo the nicest way he could..
                  I'd say continuing to be here while people make unkind comments shows he does have balls, but that's really another issue.

I can't be bothered to find all the nasty posts in the beginning, but endersgame has recalled one of them, so I'll use his recollection. Merz wasn't the only one who expressed that sentiment. Based on that, I would call it bashing, as it has been a severe criticism. I choose my words carefully, so you can trust that I know the meaning of the words I use.

This place is not real.

what does this even mean? or are we discussing things that don't matter in real life?
                  I didn't mean to imply that the things we discuss here don't matter in real life. When I said "this place" I meant "WAYWT" and "Recent Purchases" specifically, although it could apply to the forum, and indeed the internet at large. It was a reference to The NotoriousT's post about the possibility of members dressing up in clothes from popular designers, then changing into tracksuits and Nikes. They could do that and we would be none the wiser. People share what they choose to, and we synecdochically interpret that as the whole person. That is not reality because it is manipulated by the person selectively sharing information. (The process is similar in real life, but of course there is the massive difference of seeing a face and actions.)
                  An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                  I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Grazzesto
                    • Mar 2010

distraction technique!!

Comment

• BBSCCP
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Grazzesto View Post
                      distraction technique!!
                      oh, how cute!

fark: keep it rockin!

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                        • Mar 2009

^You'll meet a glorious fate, little one.

I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                        I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by jogu
                          i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Fenix
                            • Aug 2010

These should be arriving next week. My first CCP's, thanks to Diego.
                            Originally posted by hausofblaq
                            Grow up.

Comment

• Nikov
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                              ^You'll meet a glorious fate, little one.
                              loling

Comment

• stereophobic
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                                People from Oz are getting nervous since Fark is in da house.
                                hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I find it interesting that you would paint the members who are currently in Oz with that brush Christian!
                                An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎