X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by gavagai View Post
    wow, rough crowd eh? Sorry, I'm not into sporting converse. You see, I'm elitist and at a bare minimum I must wear garments that nobody else can recognize (unless they too are elite like me) or obtain. If that means I need to wear melted kicks so be it.
    what i meant was that you could try the rubber experiment thing on a pair of converse, as opposed to 1k guidis... i would never dismiss any shoe as a converse rip-off just because of the latters influence. my favorite sneakers are by ann anyway
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• resonaut
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eternal
      I made rubber dipped converse, second try soon.
      Please post pictures. I'd love to see them.
      Last edited by resonaut; 01-27-2011, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
        • Nov 2007

you have to post that kunk!
        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
          I made rubber dipped converse, second try soon.
          Wow. I'd love to see them. What did you use? I was looking for a thick latex to drip on a recent project for an art show but couldn't come up with anything.

Kunk - def. need to see Geo grom. I wear a small and I'm a grown ass man. Big dad, big kids, I guess. Awesome.

Comment

• theaddict
            • Apr 2008

He is 11 and is wearing a size S? Ok, if he comes after you he is probably a pretty big 11 years old kid...and maybe it adds that you guys are americans

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
            so, my 11 year old son came in 2nd in the state-wide innovation contest so he got his first RO leather, a geo in sz small. my 8 year old was jealous so my aunt bought him an all saints high collar since he's too small for an xs in any adult brand. i have a pic, don't want to post my kids but this may be the cutest fucking thing I have ever seen.
            Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
              Chucks beat the hell out of every single designer shoe out there. Design wise they are unbeatable. Those designers would agree.
              hmm, how so? design wise, as in being visually appealing?
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

they are all tall and skinny as can be

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                He is 11 and is wearing a size S? Ok, if he comes after you he is probably a pretty big 11 years old kid...and maybe it adds that you guys are americans

Comment

• premierminister
                  • Jul 2008

Still not sure if I will keep the skirted trousers.

Called RO Paris and London today to ask if they have it a size smaller.
                  Both said "sold out in a couple of days".
                  RO NY is sold out as well (according to their .me-Page).

(Special thanks to NotoriousT for his Mollino jacket! I still can't belive that I've ignored this style for so long)

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    hmm, how so? design wise, as in being visually appealing?
                    Yeah, they're a shape and combination that designers have sought to emulate/reference over the years and will be worn long after these designers have closed shop.

converse: dior, ann, lanvin, yohji, etc
                    AF1: Rick dunks
                    Stan Smiths: common projects

I don't think Carol would try to pretend he invented the new converses when he made some very experimental, odd and frankly quite hideous sneakers like the dipped ones; they're for a very limited group of individuals who will revel in their atrocious look and will successfully integrate them in their already quite bizarre wardrobe.

In 5 yrs I doubt anyone will wear dipped sneakers (or rick dunks or whatever) but Converse will still e going strong. I don't believe in timeless but they're still iconic, long lasting and adaptable to a variety of looks from preppy to punk.

Margiela wears fitted Levis pretty much everyday and Raf loves SNS Herning; some brands might not be "designer" but get huge respect in the design community.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• kunk75
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

i lol'd

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                      I don't think Carol would try to pretend he invented the new converses when he made some very experimental, odd and frankly quite hideous sneakers like the dipped ones; they're for a very limited group of individuals who will revel in their atrocious look and will successfully integrate them in their already quite bizarre wardrobe.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

who are you calling bizarre.

yea, I can't deny them being classic and timeless, though personally I've never considered the shape perfect, though I've had several pairs because I hardly liked any shoes years ago when I only wore sneakers.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

i do think the stuff we choose to buy here for the most part is timeless. most members don't follow trends anyway so I don't know why a purchase now would be regrettable in the years to come.

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

i've had at least one pair of chucks in my closet since i was in 5th grade.
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• nicelynice
                              • Oct 2009

Cloak FW06 peacoat - Plokhov's new collection got me excited enough to start hitting up Yahoo for Cloak stuff

Comment

• michael_kard
                                • Oct 2010

ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎