X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nairb49
    • Dec 2006

Re: "The T-Shirt"

I agree with deuxmille, Acne has a great cut on their tees. Bought a bunch of plain ones as staples.

The raglan tees from w+h last season had a nice outline too. I don't like the newer ones with that freedom sleeve a la margiela.

Tsubi has a great cut going on right now too, though I'm not such a fan of some of the graphics.... Long slim torso, short distressed arms.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="nairb49"]

I agree with deuxmille, Acne has a great cut on their tees. Bought a bunch of plain ones as staples.

The raglan tees from w+h last season had a nice outline too. I don't like the newer ones with that freedom sleeve a la margiela.

Tsubi has a great cut going on right now too, though I'm not such a fan of some of the graphics.... Long slim torso, short distressed arms.

[/quote]

LOL. I read that as bought a bunch of them at Staples.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deuxmille
        • Nov 2006

Acne changed the cut for their tees this season, they're a bit boxier than last season and the fabric feels different, the neck is less deep too and I think they offset shoulder stitch a bit more back. I recommend sizing down, unfortuantely I was too lazy to try them on at the store. After having destroyed some CCP pants, cut a Raf turtleneck and buying wrong sizes, I think I can say I really had a bad week.

Comment

• Kodak
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]Acne changed the cut for their tees this season, they're a bit boxier than last season and the fabric feels different, the neck is less deep too and I think they offset shoulder stitch a bit more back. I recommend sizing down, unfortuantely I was too lazy to try them on at the store. After having destroyed some CCP pants, cut a Raf turtleneck and buying wrong sizes, I think I can say I really had a bad week.[/quote]

How did all this happen? Sorry to here about your bad week.

Comment

• deuxmille
            • Nov 2006

^
            Overconfidence in my untested tailor skills in the first instance (it will be easy to have fixed by a professional, mainly just me unstitching some detail in the waistband and ripping a tiny bit of fabic that will probably dissapear anyway). Second instance was me trying to cut the tag without my glasses (can't see depths) and cutting the seam (will be fixed easily too). Still shitty though.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Need help finding tshirts that are shot in the torso. TIA!
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the breaks
                  • Sep 2007

I need help finding t-shirts that

1) are long in the torso
                  2) have a strong taper from the chest down
                  3) are thick and opaque

Some drkshdw ones are OK but other than that I've had little luck.
                  Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    You think Uniqlo are too long? I don't bother and put them in the dryer and the length is fine.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Silk
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                      I need help finding t-shirts that

1) are long in the torso
                      2) have a strong taper from the chest down
                      3) are thick and opaque

Some drkshdw ones are OK but other than that I've had little luck.
                      Damir Doma t's seem to meet all your requirements. They hang to my knees when just held up to my body(long). They accent the chest nicely, fitting slimmer in the ab/waist area because of the seam and bunch up near the waist much better than rick t's (no dress-length shirt). Not really thick, they are sheer, but not see-through like rick t's (except white sometimes)

As for t's that are short in the torso, I would recommend Ann D. I'm not sure if she still is making them that way, but the ones I have are more traditionally shaped and not long. Then again, the new A/W 09 DD tee's seem more traditionally shaped, with a shorter torso and without the twisting back seam, but I have only seen pictures and haven't handled in person.

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Silk View Post

As for t's that are short in the torso, I would recommend Ann D. I'm not sure if she still is making them that way, but the ones I have are more traditionally shaped and not long. Then again, the new A/W 09 DD tee's seem more traditionally shaped, with a shorter torso and without the twisting back seam, but I have only seen pictures and haven't handled in person.
                        SS 09 Ann T I have goes to my mid-thigh. I'm tall with a long torso. I don't think they're short across the board.
                        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• beardown
                          rekoner
                          • Feb 2009

About 5 years ago, I worked for a company and did cut & sew t-shirts. I modeled the fit after the late 70s Screen Stars 50/50 tees but with a better blend of fabric and a longer torso.
                          Unfortunately, all of those were printed by the company but I scored a dozen for myself of the blanks in various colors. It's hard to find a good fitting mass market t-shirt these days if you're tall and thin because the majority of Americans are not and one size has to fit all in terms of proportions.
                          (An interesting side note is that my medium was modeled after an XL from the 70s, which is kind of a sign of the times).

I wear Alternative Apparel these days for daily basics because the torso is a little longer than American Apparel. Though American apparel DID lengthen the torso of their basic tee about 2 years back, which made them a little less mid-riffy but not much. Urban Outfitters (as much as I loathe their business practices) makes a good BDG cut & sew tee that's 50/50 that fits me nicely with a longer torso.

For me, Pima cotton is the way to go for daily stuff. Can't beat it personally. Though I have noticed that the pima s/s tees at Alternative Apparel run a size small for some reason.

Faust, for basic, daily tees, a good bet would be Calvin Klein basic short sleeves. The torso is shorter than the average tee in my experience and you can get gray, black and white.
                          Beware though...I think they offer an 'undershirt' which is longer for tucking and a basic tee that is shorter for leaving untucked. The cotton is good on them, the gauge is about middlle ground (it's not wispy) and they will shrink lengthwise if you dry them due to the way the shirt is woven and the fact it's 100% cotton.
                          Of course, that's just a suggestion if you're looking for layering tees and lounge gear. For the price, you can't beat 'em.

We can get them around here at places like Marshalls or TJ Max (outlet sellers) 3 for about $14.00. They also have V-necks that are normal V necks and not the kind that dip down betwixt your nipples like those godawful deep Vs.
                          You can pull one out and check the proportions if there's a place around you that sells them...just mentally shrink it by about 8-10% if you plan on drying it in the dryer.
                          Originally posted by mizzar
                          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                            You think Uniqlo are too long? I don't bother and put them in the dryer and the length is fine.
                            Haven't tried those. I will look. Thanks.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                              SS 09 Ann T I have goes to my mid-thigh. I'm tall with a long torso. I don't think they're short across the board.
                              Yeah, Ann's tees have gotten very long.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Thanks, beardown. I was thinking something a bit better than those underwear tees. (I go for 2xist myself). I'll check out Uniqlo and AA, I guess.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎