• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: S/S 2007 Arrivals and Reviews

Good man!

I'm making my own "ccp" U shaped pants. There are better ways of spending upwards of $1k [:)]

Even if I find some AMAZING fabric, I'd only require like 4-5 yards MAX and even at $30 a yard it's a mere fraction of Poell's probable pricing.

I've been examining my twist pants to figure it out but that one is a bit trickier. I'll work on that one some more.

At the same time I've been thinking about taking the U shaped pants leg a bit further and actually curving the legs inwards more (think more like a snail shell). With the U shape you get most of the twisting at the lower thigh/knee area (the bottom of the U) whereas if you have curled legs the twisting would continue down the leg more. Combine this with a slim cut through the leg and you'd have twist pants without having to stitch in an offset manner like his current twists.

The idea can be carried through for sleeves as well (I think the curved sleeves from LUC this season utilize this to a lesser extent) and we've seen slightly similar ideas from Julius with the J-shaped cut of the body in the shirts.

Just a little something to think about for the DIY guy/gal !

hehe, I know when I make the pants, I'll be making a ruched fly on them as well[:P]

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

AlohaRag put up mens and womens Margiela. The classic biker jacket in white leather is sold out already, and so are the uber ugly dress shoes that look like them came out of a dumpster and cost $750.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

Lots of Spring Yohji and Junya for women here.
        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• ionn26
          • Feb 2007

That Galliano Jockstrap picture on the glass table.. that you said everyone was waiting for...lol... so I figured out finally.. bergdorff goodman

Comment

• deuxmille
            • Nov 2006

Saw some new ma+ today. Jacket and vest apparently made by ma himself (really?). Also some interesting leather pants. Prices are insane.

Comment

• LanceP
              • Oct 2006

New Rick Owens / DKSHDW pieces at Atelier. Oh wow...

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

that looks slightly difficult, vision-wise, no?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]that looks slightly difficult, vision-wise, no?[/quote]

- Bring out the gimp.

- The gimp is sleeping.

- Well, I guess you'll just have to wake him up then.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

LOL. Faust, I can't look at that picture the same way again.

Please don't ever let me hear Rick Owens say "Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Mo..."

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

Aloharag uploaded some Ann Demeulemeester sneakers, hopefully the rest is to come soon. I'm really diggin this white high tops with the black tongue. Too bad her sneaker prices are astronomical, but maybe they're worth it 50% off? I regretted not getting the silver ones from aloharag when they went on sale, so maybe I'll watch these...

music

Comment

• deuxmille
                        • Nov 2006

I've said it numerous time before, but yes, her sneakers are amazing. The prices arent so much though. You should also have a look at Marsell's leather sneakers, they're cheaper and also great.

Comment

• kucejoe
                          • Sep 2006

The sneakers are great. I mean, even the leather used as the lining on the inside is way better than the leather used on the outside of regular Converse. However, that leads to my point. I passed on a pair a couple seasons ago (at 50% off) because even at that price I could not get the thought that I was spending 300 on a gussied up Converse out of my mind. However, in terms of quality, the Ann D. are many times better.

I am just not sure that they are worth it, even at 50% off. But, if you think they are worth it, then by all means go for it.

PS: Holy shit, I just looked at aloharag, they are now 750 and 800 for the hightops.................insane..............and isn't that quite a jump up from previous seasons?

Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• mattjames
                            • Mar 2007

[quote user="deuxmille"]I've said it numerous time before, but yes, her sneakers are amazing. The prices arent so much though. You should also have a look at Marsell's leather sneakers, they're cheaper and also great.[/quote]

Do you know of a good online source for Marsell?

Edit: Which isn't Luisaviaroma or yoox.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="kucejoe"]

The sneakers are great. I mean, even the leather used as the lining on the inside is way better than the leather used on the outside of regular Converse. However, that leads to my point. I passed on a pair a couple seasons ago (at 50% off) because even at that price I could not get the thought that I was spending 300 on a gussied up Converse out of my mind. However, in terms of quality, the Ann D. are many times better.

I am just not sure that they are worth it, even at 50% off. But, if you think they are worth it, then by all means go for it.

PS: Holy shit, I just looked at aloharag, they are now 750 and 800 for the hightops.................insane..............and isn't that quite a jump up from previous seasons?

[/quote]

Agreed.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                                • Sep 2006

It's true, even at 50% off probably not worth it. Even Dior, which often does a luxe converse rip off, is half as expensive (maybe not of comparable quality).
                                music

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎