Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • One
    • Aug 2009

picked up my first drkshdw piece. everything seems fine except on the tag there is weird english e.g it says to "wash and dray"

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
      • Feb 2015

I'm unsure about these Geobaskets as the leather is coming off the side near the sole (shown in picture 3). Any idea if these are fake or legit? What do you usually look for in geos to determine if they're real? I've never had the pleasure of seeing them in person, but have been looking to purchase for a long time.

Link to album: http://imgur.com/a/BxViC

Comment

• blackfedora
        • Jan 2012

^ 95% sure they are legit. They are from F/W 13, Plinth which had a very specific and recognizable wide zipper pull that was brushed bronze coloured. The stitching around the bumper is raised as it should be and the inner tongue patches seem properly stitched from the limited angle that is viewable. The loose piece of leather on the side likely got caught on something and was pull out from where it was stitched under the edge of the bumper/sole.

Comment

• round
          • Aug 2015

Need legit checks on:

Searching for Rick Owens Geobaskets Sz40? We’ve got Rick Owens Men's Footwear starting at $700 and plenty of other Men's Footwear. Shop our selection of Rick Owens today!

and

Searching for Geobasket? We’ve got Rick Owens Men's Footwear starting at $666 and plenty of other Men's Footwear. Shop our selection of Rick Owens today!

thanks.

Comment

• neostrifeX
            • Jun 2013

What makes you think those two shoes are fake? I'm pretty positive they're legitimate, everything checks out.

Comment

• round
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by neostrifeX View Post
              What makes you think those two shoes are fake? I'm pretty positive they're legitimate, everything checks out.
              Nothing makes me think they are fake, but I am a bad judge of real/fake so I came here to ask, just so I don't accidentally buy something fake.

Comment

• blackfedora
                • Jan 2012

^ You can alleviate this fear of poor judgement by doing what I, and numerous other people, have done to inform ourselves: read this whole thread, take a little bit of time to study real and fake tags/shoes and become informed. There are several key aspects of Rick dunks/geobaskets that are telltale signs of legitimacy or fakery. Ally he information to become an expert is here for the taking.
                Last edited by blackfedora; 09-28-2015, 06:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• the breaks
                  • Sep 2007

Then we can close the thread I guess?
                  Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• blackfedora
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                    Then we can close the thread I guess?
                    It was just a reminder that some other members have taken the time in the past to note in this thread how to determine a fake/authentic quickly using tell tale signs that appear in 95% of fake/authentic geobaskets/dunks. I had no clue how to tell the difference when I started here, so I read the thread instead of incessantly asking for someone else to do my legwork. Of course some fakes are much better and a collect appraisal is then warranted, but in many cases, the answer is obvious to someone who has been mildly educated by the content of this thread.

Comment

• the breaks
                      • Sep 2007

Yeah good points. Personally I'm happy if people manage to keep their queries in the correct place (here) instead of cluttering up the Rick Owens thread or something :)
                      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• blackfedora
                        • Jan 2012

Agreed, I might have been reaching too high, but I have some hope.

Comment

• ddak88
                          • Feb 2015

Recently bought a blazer from a certain banned member (didn't realize prior to purchase). A few things seem off about it now that it finally arrived at my house, after a couple months of being lost in the Russian post. I cant find the blazer anywhere else online. All I have to compare to is a pair of P13s from FW13. The model number seems to be for a pair of pants, the font on the leather seems slightly different, and the silver on the tassel is pressed flat rather than having indents on each side.

Here's an album: http://imgur.com/a/5KNoW

Thanks!
                          Last edited by ddak88; 09-29-2015, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• smudge
                            • Jul 2012

P12 is a pant code and the silver on the tassel doesn't seem crimped and lacks oxidation. I think paypal has a 6 month protection policy so you might still have an opportunity to get a refund.

Comment

• round
                              • Aug 2015

Ok, well just bought one of the pairs from grailed. Hopefully they are legit.

Any more conformation of authenticity is appreciated, to put my mind at ease.

Comment

• 13we2
                                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by round View Post
                                Any more conformation of authenticity is appreciated, to put my mind at ease.
                                Looks no problem to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎