Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KingNC
    • Nov 2010

I'm glad I ran into this thread and I gotta say thanks to endersgame, good looking out.

I ended up buying the crust pants and a l/s shirt from closet* on ebay last night. Was browsing through this late last night and ran into pg.9-10 and was like "oh sh*t!" Good thing it wasn't too late. Ended up messaging the seller right away asking for a refund of my money or else I'd report him to ebay and paypal and that it would be in his best interest to refund me the money before he shipped it out today to save us both the hassle. Woke up this morning and thanfully got a message saying he refunded me my money.

This is what he replied to me:
    "Hi there:

These are 100% authentic rick owens. We have offered refund upon your request.

Have a good weekend."

still claiming they're real lol

I had a feeling something was fishy, should've went with my gut feeling. When I paid I was like wtf why does his/her paypal address say "FrameMe EyeWear" yet he's selling clothing...

I'm just too trustworthy of a person I guess and gotta start looking out more closely or else I'll get duped. Learned a lesson. Good thing it wasn't too bad. next time I'm unsure I'm gonna legit check here just to make sure

so you can add me to the list of people you've helped! :)

Comment

• michael_kard
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
      you really aren't in a position to tell me how to respond to someone. look around the forums for a while before trying to act as some sort of voice of reason or preaching about what the virtues of this forum are.

you clearly don't see whats going on here. the person I was responding to has made a majority of his posts in this thread and the one titled "yes or no", asking questions about items which don't seem to interest anyone as he has hardly received any responses. this is pointless, which I attempted to bring to his attention. We also expect a certain level of contribution from members, this is not some "ask the experts" forum.
      fair enough, sorry.
      ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• cooldudeguy3000
        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        you really aren't in a position to tell me how to respond to someone. look around the forums for a while before trying to act as some sort of voice of reason or preaching about what the virtues of this forum are.

you clearly don't see whats going on here. the person I was responding to has made a majority of his posts in this thread and the one titled "yes or no", asking questions about items which don't seem to interest anyone as he has hardly received any responses. this is pointless, which I attempted to bring to his attention. We also expect a certain level of contribution from members, this is not some "ask the experts" forum.
        I'm assuming there are certain demeanousr/styles/tastes and opinions I must follow in order to post here? I believe non-conformists to your ideal are banished and not welcome?

I only asked about the D&G leather because this is the most intellectual forum which has users who actually know there stuff. I do not read such high quality posts elsewhere. Of course my opinion means nothing, if it did I would be worried. I have hardly done any contribution to this site. I don't feel a need to impress or wow any of the other users, I just enjoy reading discussions on fashion and how people view certain aesthetics. I hope my occasional post here or there isn't bad enough to drive everyone insane and have them constantly reassert the expected opinions and aesthetics.

Comment

• nictan
          • Jul 2009

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by cooldudeguy3000 View Post
            I'm assuming there are certain demeanousr/styles/tastes and opinions I must follow in order to post here? I believe non-conformists to your ideal are banished and not welcome?
            Do Apple users go up to a group of Window users asking if they like their new iPad? No.

Why? It's not because they're not allowed to, it's simply because the other group doesn't give a flying fuck. It's personal preferences. And any person with common sense would know not to bother asking in the first place. It really is as simple as that. You're treading in an area where people don't want to bother reading your posts. That can also be attributed to your lack of contribution to this forum. A small minority here do like D&G I believe.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by cooldudeguy3000 View Post
              you just quoted my post in which I answered the exact same question. one more time:

a) a majority of your posts have been various type of questions which haven't really generated much conversation. I was pointing out that perhaps there isn't interest towards these labels, in which case you are not benefiting anything from asking these questions.

b) we expect a certain level of contribution in here, asking shopping related questions does not count.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Raw
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                Do Apple users go up to a group of Window users asking if they like their new iPad? No.

Why? It's not because they're not allowed to, it's simply because the other group doesn't give a flying fuck. It's personal preferences. And any person with common sense would know not to bother asking in the first place. It really is as simple as that. You're treading in an area where people don't want to bother reading your posts. That can also be attributed to your lack of contribution to this forum. A small minority here do like D&G I believe.
                Oh shit I'm a windows user but I have an iphone 4

Comment

• benkwon91
                  • Nov 2010

LANVIN LEGIT CHECK PLEASE

Experts!
                  Please help me check if this is legit.

THANK YOU

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by benkwon91 View Post
                    Experts!
                    Please help me check if this is legit.
                    (lanvin sneakers)
                    THANK YOU
                    I'm quite sure they're authentic. Although I find them too bright, colourful and shiny, they do look magical!
                    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Dropt
                      • May 2009

xxxxx
                      Last edited by Dropt; 09-09-2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• couturehomme
                        • Oct 2008

^^^^

i've never seen those 2 holes either...

truth be told, with the ever-growing fake/chinese RO market, i think it is much better to either buy from reputable stores (regular price or on sale) or from people who you know won't sell fakes (like here on SZ).

Personally, the reward (a couple bucks off) is not worth the risk (getting a fake)..

Comment

• KingNC
                          • Nov 2010

anyone bought from sufu member "Boras" before? he seems legit and has answered every inquiry I've made and provided the pics I've wanted. he has a high rep power too (491), but just want to make sure the item is legit before I make payment on paypal tonight. so, if someone could answer soon that'd be great :)

here are pics of the DRKSHDW parka:

Comment

• neonrider
                            • Jan 2008

i'd say the lanvins are legit (though the pics aren't the greatest).

the stooges bugs me, i haven't seen the holes before and the collar also looks a little funny.
                            ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• Dropt
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by KingNC View Post
                              anyone bought from sufu member "Boras" before? he seems legit and has answered every inquiry
                              Hey,

I know him, don't doubt about his legicity, i've sold and bought a couple of things from him already.

Thanks for the quick answers on the stooges guys, i'll ask to the ro store and to the seller.

Comment

• KingNC
                                • Nov 2010

^^ ok thanks that puts me at ease and gives me peace of mind after making the payment :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎