Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dawn
    • Mar 2009

I actually just received some things from the seller. They are good fakes (at least the tops), but the inside label, the "Rick Owens" and season are printed on the wrong direction. Luckily, I'll be issued a refund, plus the shipping costs to send it back.

The reason why their feedback are all private and 100% positive is because once you win the auction, they will cancel the transaction and ask you to accept it and leave them a positive feedback, and finish the deal via paypal. They do this so they can save on the ebay fees because they end up re-listing it, considering they have multiple of sizes in stock.
    Last edited by Dawn; 05-26-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• gavagai
      • May 2010

Thanks fellas. Much appreciated. I figured as much but thought I would gamble on a t-shirt. Blah.

Comment

• upsilonkng
        • May 2010

Originally posted by Dawn View Post
        I actually just received some things from the seller. They are good fakes (at least the tops), but the inside label, the "Rick Owens" and season are printed on the wrong direction. Luckily, I'll be issued a refund, plus the shipping costs to send it back.

The reason why their feedback are all private and 100% positive is because once you win the auction, they will cancel the transaction and ask you to accept it and leave them a positive feedback, and finish the deal via paypal. They do this so they can save on the ebay fees because they end up re-listing it, considering they have multiple of sizes in stock.
        so you cannot leave them negative fb? and let people know that this dude didn't just stumble on a box of 2003 rick owens asymetrical shirts in sz M and L and in 2 colors that is 40 feet wide and 40feet deep.... Don't forget he sells Geo's too... that's why I had to sell mine, just too many fakes. Yeah looks like he's selling DD basics now, in M and L of course no hurry it's a big box he received.

Comment

• mononon
          • Sep 2009

yeah, that guy has got to be banned. can't believe people are bidding hundreds on those fake pants and tees, and over a grand on fake leathers.... i've send a bunch of reports to ebay on that guy, but he's still there...
          calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

i've bought fakes from closet* before. he signed up on sz pretending to be a customer to defend himself. total scum..

Comment

• gavagai
              • May 2010

Sad that people report this activity yet they still operate. I suppose it would be really easy to post 10,000+ words on E-bay and their practices. They and their other company paypal literally gauge people. great marketplace, super convenient but absurdly priced. They are now charging final value fees INCLUDING SHIPPING! Think about that!

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

I'd suggest having a list on here of shady ebay sellers, but another forum I frequent tried to do just that (only one guy made the list at the time) and he had lawyers send cease & desist letters!

This particular guy would take empty perfume bottles of old rarities (worth a not much empty) and fill them with a concoction or god-knows-what and sell them for thousands. So much sleaze in the world. He had 100% feedback and thousands of sales, but no one in the small community of vintage perfume buyers could account for anything of it.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• gavagai
                  • May 2010

Its tricky. Not good to post names/handles of sellers. Can get complicated. That being said, a cease & desist letter from an attorney is not what it appears UNLESS the attorney is terrible/and or you really are up to no good.

Personally, i'd stay away from naming people as its fairly tough to definitively prove counterfeits.

Comment

• mononon
                    • Sep 2009

could always list "questionable" sellers.
                    calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Listing anyone would be more of a buyer-beware than a definitive warning sign. I would think an independent site would be more ideal for this...but who to maintain? Wouldn't be a fun task.
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• gavagai
                        • May 2010

A careful review of feedback, items sold, pictures/picture quality, feedback/purchases of buyers of the sellers items as well as previous items sold.

In all honesty, I have completed well over 1,500 purchases and sales on E-bay over the years and have had literally only a handful of problems.

Only take risks on low risk high reward items. Use paypal, You should be golden.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                          • Oct 2010

The fact that eBay allows counterfeit sellers to continue (they are being paid fees after all) really disgusts me. One upon a time, I would go as far as warn people when they were buying fake items and spending hundreds of dollars. Evidently, some people *want* to pay $1000 fake Dick jacket.

The marvelous irony in all of this is, of course, that I've been blocked form listing items for 7 days twice this year for using the word "replica" when describing an item I was selling from Margiela's "Replica" line.

I'm so fed up with them.

MBD
                          "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                          It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                          My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• kevin5578
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2008

RO from earlier season

Any comments on these ? Legit or not?

The seller ask for $950....which seems not very reasonable

Comment

• upsilonkng
                              • May 2010

why pursue it then? high price..busted shoe... looks weird..
                              seems like time wasted man, you'll find better and at a better price too.

Comment

• kevin5578
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2008

Wanna see if i am wrong as i question about if they are fake, seller keep saying that they are legit.....well, i have no intention to buy them :)...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎