X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ujan0chen
    • Jul 2011

Helmut Lang (Fake or not)

So I am new to this forum, but going through the threads like the HL ones it looks really cool and people seem to know what they are talking about... Unlike trying to ask for a question about the authenticity of an item on like, yahoo answers or something lolz to which you get replies like "for your autumn skin tone you need to wear warmer blues, so even if it is fake its not your skin tone" or something (made that up but it could happen... im usually pretty sure if something is real or not and dont buy designers from ebay- YOOX <3)

Ok...
    So I bough this HL denim jacket on ebay, the seller has only positive feedback and has sold some margiela, yamamoto, raf simons, etc before as well as other things like nobuyoshi araki catalogues... He said that it isnt fake and that he hasnt heard of any fake HL being made, since it isnt a luxury brand per se, even though they do make fake comme etc... I spoke to him and he seems trustworthy and knows about what he is selling, here are the pictures,

his pictures:

(he had more but I took better ones of the insides etc)

my pictures:

And I am sorry if this thread is in the wrong place :s

Thank you :)

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

Don't know much about that piece but there is already a thread for these questions.

LEGIT CHECKS THREAD

Comment

• ujan0chen
        • Jul 2011

[Originally posted in the wrong bit, so forgive me]

So I am new to this forum, but going through the threads like the HL ones it looks really cool and people seem to know what they are talking about... Unlike trying to ask for a question about the authenticity of an item on like, yahoo answers or something lolz to which you get replies like "for your autumn skin tone you need to wear warmer blues, so even if it is fake its not your skin tone" or something (made that up but it could happen... im usually pretty sure if something is real or not and dont buy designers from ebay- YOOX <3)

Ok...
        So I bough this HL denim jacket on ebay, the seller has only positive feedback and has sold some margiela, yamamoto, raf simons, etc before as well as other things like nobuyoshi araki catalogues... He said that it isnt fake and that he hasnt heard of any fake HL being made, since it isnt a luxury brand per se, even though they do make fake comme etc... I spoke to him and he seems trustworthy and knows about what he is selling, here are the pictures,

his pictures:

(he had more but I took better ones of the insides etc)

my pictures:

Thank you :)

Comment

• messenoire
          • Nov 2009

i've bought julius jeans from treasurehoard and they are legit. i wouldnt worry with this seller. there is also a user on this board curiously called "treasurehoard".

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

It's legit and the seller is right, who in their mind would fake old Helmut Lang?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ujan0chen
              • Jul 2011

Ahahaha true faust, but you know when something is too good to be true one gets worried! Never seen this treasurehoard seller before, added him to my fave's!

Comment

• kukuku
                • Oct 2009

Do you think this site is legit http://www.9hourstokyo.com/ ? Looks fishy to me

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by kukuku View Post
                  Do you think this site is legit http://www.9hourstokyo.com/ ? Looks fishy to me
                  The products themselves don't look fake necessarily, but the fact that they only have a handful of items for sale, under labels that don't exist (CDG Bag?) and even spell the fake-categories wrong (reY kawakubo), I think I'd pass personally.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

seems like a wack attempt at making a "store" out of what seems like a bunch of personal purchases. maybe they are flipping yahoo items or something.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kowei
                      • Jul 2010

Hey, what do you guys think of this jean?

Not for me, and of course there are some really strange details (zip, "CD" everywhere...), but I heard it may come from a pre-2003 collection.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                        • Sep 2010

BTW-I have also bought tons of Julius pieces from "Treasurehoard" on Ebay and that seller is totally legit. 100%.....no worries on that and the old Helmut Lang legitimacy joke is funny. Who the hell would fake that jacket? Really good question...?

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

ive never seen tags like that and branded hardware on dior jeans
                          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• aphex27
                            • Jan 2009

kowei, it's 100% fake.

Comment

• kowei
                              • Jul 2010

Thanks everyone!

Comment

• darkbydesign
                                • Sep 2010

Yeah. Seems like there's so much fake Dior that if it's cheap, odds are it's simply a fake..... Crazy how much fake product is out there...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎