• nahneun
    • Feb 2011

i've bought from paroxunein. he's legit

Comment

• Faye
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Dropt View Post
      Need your help fellows about this rick owens double layer :

There's no other tags whatsoever on the garment and it's written "moog fw 05" on the second little strap thing. Really not sure if legit.

Anyone please? We need to clear that...

Comment

• wedjat
        • Jan 2011

well there's nothing that points towards being fake.

Comment

• beardown
          rekoner
          • Feb 2009

My earliest rick basics are from 07 but I'll point out the obvious: usually the label is stitched all around...not just on the ends. And I've never seen them stitched down horizontally rather than vertically.

Again, I don't own any moog pieces or anything that early...I just know that there have been a shitload of fake basics springing up over the past few years. Not saying it's fake but you may want to do a google image search for moog pieces to see how the basics were labeled.
          Originally posted by mizzar
          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• derpington
            • Oct 2009

Earlier Rick pieces definitely had horizontal labels like the one in that picture.

Comment

• mizzar
              • Mar 2008

printing on tags is good (on fakes it's always terrible or nonexistant), labels on old rick is indeed horizontal,
              and i've never seen fake 2-color double layer, and i've seen a lot of fake RO.
              ____
              sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

I also have early Rick with horizontal labels. And, as Mizzar says, I've ever seen a fake double layer either.
                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• mizzar
                  • Mar 2008

There are in fact some fake double layers, but they all one tone, and have "new style" vertical oriented stitched labels.
                  ____

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• Faye
                    • Apr 2009

really appreciate your feedback guys. I'm very glad to hear that since I was the one selling it to him a while back. (got it on sufu myself)
                    Hope that me and dropt can solve this matter now.

Comment

• Zorngiebel
                      • Sep 2011

Is this one legit or fake? I've seen two versions yet, one at Farfetch (which is different regarding fabric and length) and one at Rakuten (which is exactly like the one shown on the pics), now I'm a bit skeptic.

Some help would be really appreciated.

Comment

• mizzar
                        • Mar 2008

Tag grainy printing and sticker on the cardboard tag look legit.
                        Never seen these garment faked also.
                        I think it's ok.
                        ____

Comment

• beardown
                          rekoner
                          • Feb 2009

Clearly a hanger in a photo is neither here nor there but this Rick basic is fake and it looks suspiciously shot in a very similar fashion.

And I don't want to start a hanger conspiracy or a witch hunt but I'm just saying.

Let's be honest...the market is flooded with fake rick stuff right now and has been for a while. Unless you're buying retail from a legitimate shop, I think we're at the point where it's very, very tough to really say with any kind of confidence whether a Rick t-shirt is legit or fake.

If it's a huge concern, I wouldn't be buying outside of retail these days.

I don't particularly want to leave this link up because I think it's just like free advertising for the wrong people but there are a lot of different versions of fake basics out there...these took me about 4 minutes to find. There are many others.
                          And these may be photos of legitimate pieces just to sell the fake stuff (I think that's a pretty popular approach) but it's still a pretty dangerous can of worms...
                          Originally posted by mizzar
                          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• mizzar
                            • Mar 2008

2beardown: All the fake rick basics i seen (they sold on some of the markets in Kiev) had very particular flaws that you can see even on photos. I mean not grainy print on labels, no sticker with art. etc.
                            The basic on Zorngiebel's photos are not so basic, it's knited, and even if market is flooded with fake rick, you almost always can check what was on tao and if it's not there-there is a good chance it's legit.
                            And there is one more secret, all the fake rick is shorter then original (made by chinese), not ma+ short, but if rick go past my knee, the fakes don't go lower then back pockets of my jeans.
                            P.S. You found the one seller where most new RO and Gareth Pugh fakes surface. So it's always a good idea to use internet for checking up.
                            ____

Comment

• Lypophrenia
                              • Dec 2011

Has this seller been posted before?

They sell a few RO wedge boots like these. but with only one photo...

Comment

• ian+
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Lypophrenia View Post
                                Has this seller been posted before?

They sell a few RO wedge boots like these. but with only one photo...
                                Check this.
                                ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎