Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twmllr
    • Sep 2013

^ just from these 2 pictures, it seems real, are there any close ups?

Comment

• imho_essno
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by twmllr View Post
      ^ just from these 2 pictures, it seems real, are there any close ups?
      yeah, there are more pics

Comment

• imho_essno
        • Jun 2013

Actually i felt i am asking wrong question.
        I feel they are legit, but i'm not sure about them. Thats the point. Have written to yes-or-no thread.

Comment

• 8bpc
          • May 2010

Originally posted by imblurredout View Post
          Thanks for all the help. My main concern was that he sent me photos of what seemed to be an undoubtedly "real" Bauhaus but instead sent something entirely different. He sent me photos of tags which had proper composition and ID information but sent this one instead. Since he sent me something else I was lead to believe that it was a fake. Also, he stopped answering my emails for a month after it arrived. I'll admit, the design is still pretty good, but the leather does not feel like leather or anything natural. I can rub and separate the two sewn together pieces of "leather" and it feels like styrofoam. The zippers are right, but they're also rusted and very old, yet the jacket is nearly new. It's just all very bizarre. I think I need to take it into the store, but I don't want to lose my credibility there. I do buy stuff from the mainline store, but it's hard to say "no" to cheaper prices on older models of items from eBay or here. It does feel shitty buying and trading this stuff sometimes, but it's also the only means to get older unique items.
          If the seller sent you photographs that don't match the tags in the item you were sent I would think that is enough for PayPal. Why fight if it is legit or not when you were not sent the item advertised. Change your approach.

Comment

• Null12
            • Oct 2013

RU 5375

Hmm, these are tagged RU5375...

Usually these have a more thinner capsule like stitching to them. Velcro is idk... Anyone can help a me, opinions?

photo 52adb86e-c707-4166-8289-b8d6105abf99_zpsbb2d3825.jpg

photo d19de87e-291a-4483-bb2f-2f3f099ef551_zpse7bac3cd.jpg

photo IMG_1190_zps90781165.jpg

photo IMG_1180_zpsfb2e6093.jpg

Hmm...

Comment

• shuit
              • Apr 2012

It's very obvious on this one. The bump stitches is very off. Is it only me or the fake this day are coming from UK sellers on eBay?

Comment

• whtnnk986
                • Feb 2012

RU 5375 is the code they used for the mainline memphis in the Island collection. But I am not sure about the authenticity.

Comment

• k3mist
                  • Apr 2013

surely fake, tag is off too. yeah shui is right..pretty much every uk seller on ebay is selling fakes. I wouldnt buy rick from ebay at all to be honest.

Comment

• Null12
                    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by whtnnk986 View Post
                    RU 5375 is the code they used for the mainline memphis in the Island collection. But I am not sure about the authenticity.
                    Yeah I thought so...

What do Plinth tags/model codes look like by the way?

When you check these on the inside they say plinth... lol... Fake...

photo IMG_1192_zps6e5ff0ff.jpg

Thanks for the input so far guys. I really do appreciate it.
                    Last edited by Null12; 12-21-2013, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• whtnnk986
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Null12 View Post
                      Yeah I thought so...

What do Plinth tags/model codes look like by the way?

When you check these on the inside they say plinth... lol... Fake...

Thanks for the input so far guys. I really do appreciate it.
                      They have a new code system for Plinth. Please check pm.

The tags are more or less the same as before.

Comment

• josecc
                        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by k3mist View Post
                        ..pretty much every uk seller on ebay is selling fakes. I wouldnt buy rick from ebay at all to be honest.
                        About this, a couple of months ago I made a list with the UK sellers offering fake RO:

I have not had time to update the list (they change their username), but as far as I could see, I think those sellers are members of the same group or at least they know each other because their listings (and products) are almost identical.
                        I do not think every seller in the uk offers fake RO, I mean, I sell sometimes my used or new RO items on ebay (here and sufu too), so this kind of reputation give us negative externalities. Anyway, in case of doubt, do not buy and make use of your best judgement, it is not too difficult to identify fakes.

Comment

• Mung_city
                          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by imblurredout View Post
                          Thanks for all the help. My main concern was that he sent me photos of what seemed to be an undoubtedly "real" Bauhaus but instead sent something entirely different. He sent me photos of tags which had proper composition and ID information but sent this one instead. Since he sent me something else I was lead to believe that it was a fake. Also, he stopped answering my emails for a month after it arrived. I'll admit, the design is still pretty good, but the leather does not feel like leather or anything natural. I can rub and separate the two sewn together pieces of "leather" and it feels like styrofoam. The zippers are right, but they're also rusted and very old, yet the jacket is nearly new. It's just all very bizarre. I think I need to take it into the store, but I don't want to lose my credibility there. I do buy stuff from the mainline store, but it's hard to say "no" to cheaper prices on older models of items from eBay or here. It does feel shitty buying and trading this stuff sometimes, but it's also the only means to get older unique items.
                          I wonder if it turned out to be real, you'd still think the leather was shitty

Comment

• darkbydesign
                            • Sep 2010

Actually, there are plenty of legit sellers on Ebay that sell Rick Owens, including the Brits. Typically they are selling from a private collection (in other words they don't have 50 of the same piece listed), their shit isn't impossibly cheap, looks quality instead of like it got sent through a home dryer, and generally looks like it's from the runway shots.

There's a reason why Ebay has feedback and after maybe 600 transactions on there I've yet to have a fake item turn up.

It's fun to watch how people treat shit like CSI-SZ , when it's obviously fake, due to quality issues. If it costs $1000, looks legit, and the seller has 500 feedback at 100%, then you're good to go. If it costs $127.56, has 13 bids by people with 0-10 feedback rating, looks like shit, and the seller has 23 feedback at 96.3%, then it's probably fake.

Comment

• Null12
                              • Oct 2013

My seller was not from the U.K, had good rep and seemed to be selling other goods that may have not been fake.

I feel like he himself didn't really know, but he is really sure of himself that they are. Lol...

Update* Got it all sorted out... Never again... Never.
                              Last edited by Null12; 12-30-2013, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• jaythejet
                                • May 2011

legit check on this tag. seller says it's a hammered lamb stooges from crust (FW09). thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎