Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny
    • Sep 2006

you won't ever be able to say that your shoes cost that much and not sound like a twat.

Comment

• gerry
      • Feb 2008

^ In some countries they just leave the tags on to, you know, be considerate of your curiosity.

Comment

• jcotteri
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
        That's kinda sad KM80. I told my girlfriend when we got together that my style was out of the ordinary, and that she was deciding to be with me already knowing that, so she shouldn't refuse to be seen with me no matter how outlandish she may find my clothes. It's worked...so far.
        my gf dresses totally different in some ways but respects most of the stuff i wear.. she has strong opinions. Maybe she will wear a little Helmut Lang post 2004/5 etc but that is about as close as it gets.. She loves most of the clothes i like and wear and wish i could wear. She is patient in shops whilst i'm there for hours trying on clothes and she will ask for my opinion on what she buys. She is a great girl..

Originally posted by Oh weh mir View Post
        Um, there's no easy way to say this, so I'm just going to have to go ahead and say it, I am... not a girl? Sorry man, I feel your pain. If it makes you feel any better there is absolutely no way you could have known. I've actually never been mistaken for a girl before, merely referred to as one. So this too, in it's own way belongs here in this thread.
        hahahahaha

Originally posted by tjoek View Post
        Highlight: Sartoria mummified cotton jacket (with raw hem)

As I walked out from house people were staring at me and talked about it.
        Upon reaching destination, a group of friends then approaching, one said I look like a beggar and another said I'm wearing zombie and junkie clothes...

Disclaimer: This is a true event. A real life story...
        why do i never see you secretive people when i'm in town
        WTB: This

Comment

• Magician
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Classique View Post
          Designing, my personal style...

First Draft

- Rick Owens Leather Jacket
          - [Generic, Black T-Shirt]
          - CCP 'Twist Denim'
          - CCP Boots
          - Yohji Bag

Receipt $5,510

Reaction = NOTHING.

Second Draft

- Acne Jeans
          - Dior Home Sneakers [Black]
          - Banana Republic Cardigan [Basic - Buttonfront]
          - [Generic White Dress Shirt]

Receipt $350

Reaction = "Wow, for the first time in your life you look handsome!"
          "Do you have a girlfriend?" And her mother was staring with an "I wanna fuck you!" Look.

Conclusion - I am a sellout. :)

Now, "This above all: to thine own self be true."

*Insert cliché suicide emoticon*
          Who needs to get laid when you're rocking Rick leathers and CCP boots? plenty of sensual skin as is.
          Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Oh weh mir
            • Oct 2008

Considering the amount of time the average sz member spends performing clothing related activities (shopping for clothing, posting on the internet about clothing, cleaning their clothing, taking pictures of themselves wearing their clothing, and last but not least, attempting to sell their previously owned clothing in order to repeat this series of events with newer and more exciting clothing) it's not very zeitgeist-like to consider investing time in a relationship.

Relationships often require a person to occasionally participate in rituals involving no clothing at all. I for one do not have that sort of time and find that it cramps my style.

I'm sorry, I've had a lot of coffee and just spent the last hour and a half discussing the finer points of the Death Star.
            Originally posted by AVALANCHE
            is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• justine
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Oh weh mir View Post
              I'm sorry, I've had a lot of coffee and just spent the last hour and a half discussing the finer points of the Death Star.
              Discussing the finer points of the Death Star while bingeing on caffeine wearing SZ gear, .

The other kind of reactions I find amusing are the ones of strangers wearing the same "SZ brands". There's a funny "I like your shoes" comment with the underlying message of "I know you're a member of the club"; to which the response is another "Thanks, nice shoes too", with the same "I see you're a member of the cult too" undertone...

Comment

• curiouscharles
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by justine View Post
                Discussing the finer points of the Death Star while bingeing on caffeine wearing SZ gear, .

The other kind of reactions I find amusing are the ones of strangers wearing the same "SZ brands". There's a funny "I like your shoes" comment with the underlying message of "I know you're a member of the club"; to which the response is another "Thanks, nice shoes too", with the same "I see you're a member of the cult too" undertone...
                this is so true.

there's a guy in vancouver who's definitely "part of the club".

he works at shopper's drug mart, and owns rick sneaks and a killer julius leather. i used to see him come into komakino.

i saw him waiting at the bus stop in kits the other week and just pointed at his shoes and yelled YES! and then his jacket and yelled EYEEES!

then I kept walking.
                —
                -

Comment

• KM80
                  • Mar 2008

charles I saw you walking down 4th one day and the only reason I recognized you was the drkshdw shirt and giant raf backpack.

I almost started honking as I drove past... but refrained.

I also saw some guy in kits wearing that nappy Doma trench one day and almost shit my pants, it was awesome.

Comment

• Sombre
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
                    my gf dresses totally different in some ways but respects most of the stuff i wear.. she has strong opinions. Maybe she will wear a little Helmut Lang post 2004/5 etc but that is about as close as it gets.. She loves most of the clothes i like and wear and wish i could wear. She is patient in shops whilst i'm there for hours trying on clothes and she will ask for my opinion on what she buys. She is a great girl..

hahahahaha

why do i never see you secretive people when i'm in town
                    That's sweet. Mine is too. She indulges me a great deal.

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
                    this is so true.

there's a guy in vancouver who's definitely "part of the club".

he works at shopper's drug mart, and owns rick sneaks and a killer julius leather. i used to see him come into komakino.

i saw him waiting at the bus stop in kits the other week and just pointed at his shoes and yelled YES! and then his jacket and yelled EYEEES!

then I kept walking.
                    You must have scared the crap out of him

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                    hrm, if only everybody else liked what's different.
                    I know there's pun intended here.
                    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sound&vision View Post
                      This also brings up another point I'd like to hear other SZ'rs thoughts on. How do you normally answer or react when someone asks you how much a specific garment was or where you bought it?

As much as I like basking in a new purchase I've yet to find a way to state my shoes cost over a thousand dollars without sounding like a bit of a twat...
                      Standard answer, "got it a long time on ebay, chance purchase." It really is pointless unless someone is genuinely interested in anything beyond looking good.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Test
                        • Dec 2008

"Online"

"Japan"

"Japan. The internet."

"A lot. Too much"

That's it.

Comment

• Sombre
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Dawn
                          i went shopping yesterday, wearing a long cardigan. i hear this guy from his car (coming from the same direction as i was walking) screaming "nice dress, faggot!"
                          I hope he crashed.
                          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• LittleNinja
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Dawn
                            i went shopping yesterday, wearing a long cardigan. i hear this guy from his car (coming from the same direction as i was walking) screaming "nice dress, faggot!"

Went to my jiu jitsu gym yesterday. All 15 guys in the room wearing tapout gear and my intructor walks in and says 'I think your sister wants her jeans back'.

Comment

• ardeetee
                              • Apr 2007

^ where in SD are you? can't imagine anyone getting away with RO trainers down there.

Comment

• LittleNinja
                                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by ardeetee View Post
                                ^ where in SD are you? can't imagine anyone getting away with RO trainers down there.
                                I live in La Jolla. I see your concern. It's hard trying to be a goth ninja in a sea full of bro-dudes.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎