X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Cashier at Walgreens upstate looking at my white RO leather - "that jacket is fierce!" :-)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• curiouscharles
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by kuriz View Post
      Received a pair of Ann Vitellos from re-porter and had to wear them that same night going out to a electronic music festival called Strøm to dance and have a good time. After only standing a few minutes in the afternoon listening to one of the warm up sets, this pretty looking 55~ year old woman comes over to me with a great smile on her face and while looking into my eyes she said: "those has got to be the most beautiful boots that I have ever seen. If I were your age I would have made a hit on you!". She then laughed out loud, hugged me and walked off to her party. Was a very nice compliment that made me happy and it was a great start at an awesome festival-concert-thing. So not really a 'strange' reaction to my clothes but rather a very pleasant one.
      you always have the best stories in this thread kuriz, very honored to have been a part of one!

-

Comment

• twmllr
        • Sep 2013

as it is getting close to halloween, actually got this
        'who are you supposed to be?'

Comment

• eleves
          • Sep 2012

Some areas of NY are still pretty hard to walk around in without a few awkward glances or comments. Most recently, I walked into a subway station heading to Queens and a guy waiting for the train pointed to me and then said to his friend "you seen this guy right here, he look like a vampire". I kept walking.
          Originally posted by Faust
          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• eleves
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by twmllr View Post
            haha someone asked me if I was wearing cosplay before!
            Originally posted by Faust
            HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• OliverG
              Banned
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by twmllr View Post
              Ah yes, the time of year when fashionable freaks are taken for candy-seeking pranksters. That's really funny actually. As we all know, every day is Halloween!

Comment

• trentk
                • Oct 2010

"you don't live here, do you?" (I get variations of this all the time)

at a teahouse, a friend of mine was staring at an odyn vovk jacket I was wearing and asked:
                "what is that vest?"
                me: (pulling on a grey drapey rick owens thing I had on underneath) "idk.... it used to be longer but I cut it"
                him: "no, the black thing"
                me: "oh, that's part of my jacket.... its unfinished... but intentionally"
                him: "unfinished as finished, or finished as unfinished.... very taoist. [mumbles and jokingly calls me a taoist goth or something]"
                lol
                "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• tong1801
                  • Oct 2012

was wearing a wide brim fedora with my usual all black outfit and overheard a mum telling her daughter that i must be dressing up like that for a Halloween party

Comment

• ryanhast
                    • Sep 2013

I just recently changed my personal style in a drastic way. Think 'pacific northwest lumberjack' to full Rick Owens. I’ve had a wide range of reactions at work and in public so I thought I might share:

Some guys not on my team at work:
                    "Hey, what's wrong with your pants? Looks like you just took a huge dump in them" Another guy standing there "yeah, it looks like you have an over-sized adult diaper in there!" I laughed it off and said: That's the beauty, I may have a diaper in here, and you wouldn't know!" They did finally admitted they looked comfy.

A good friend at work on my first day of this radical new style: "Hahahahahahahah....Hahaha...... I don't get it." I told him that's the best reaction yet. It seems like you are completely confused by what I am wearing right now.

Walking around campus {I work at a large tech company} at lunch. I grabbed some lunch to go and started walking back to my office. I got on the sidewalk in front of 2 guys headed back to the building. They are loudly talking and as I step out in front they instantly go quiet. I thought to myself, this is going to be good. First there is laughter, then I one of the men starts telling his friend a story: "My wife and I were at the mall last weekend and there was this kid with his pants hanging low, she said to me, you should go over there and pull that kids pants up and yadda yadda...” I got out of earshot, but it made me laugh.

I didn't change my style to get attention, I changed it because I was bored and wanted to innovate on what I wear. I think I look good in what I wear, but there is a chance I don't. As soon as I get enough posts maybe I will post some images so y'all can give me feedback.

The attention was a bit alarming at first, but I have embraced it and I will usually join in the amusement. Doing a clown dance with RO, or Lost and Found trousers on is a great way to make people laugh I have found.

I've had some very positive things said. My favorite was a lady in line at the coffee shop. She said: "What is this style? How would you describe this? She was genuinely excited and interested. I responded with 'I am not sure, everything is super long and some things are tight and some things are baggy" { I was wearing L&F black Curved Leg Pant, RO milk long sleeve tee, Alexandre Plokhov black unstructured blazer, Yohji Lace up white sneakers no socks }
                    She asked me my name and when I told her{Ryan} she said, "well then it's Ryan's Style". Made me smile.

One more, sorry for long post:

Another person I work with said, "you look like a futuristic farmer, is this style supposed to be 'future farmer'?" {I was wearing a Sruli Recht sweater that day}. I responded by saying, I like that, I wasn’t sure what this style was, but from now on I will call it future farmer.

Comment

• ambrosian
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by trentk View Post
                      [mumbles and jokingly calls me a taoist goth or something]"
                      Taoist goth is hilarious, you should definitely take it on.
                      street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• navigate
                        • Nov 2013

hehehe "Ryan's style". Thats so sweet of her!

Comment

• profondo nero
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                          profondo nero - the second sentence there in the geobasket tribute: "If you have Geobaskets no one can really say shit to you" – I think expains why most men are afraid to talk to me.
                          That reminds me the other night when I went clubbing and some yeezus wannabe fuccboi bumped into me spilling his drink on my geobasket sneakers.. I felt truly perplexed and embarassed when he almost got on his knees begging for forgiveness after he must have realized that he profaned one of his cult objects.. ?!

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by profondo nero View Post

That reminds me the other night when I went clubbing and some yeezus wannabe fuccboi bumped into me spilling his drink on my geobasket sneakers.. I felt truly perplexed and embarassed when he almost got on his knees begging for forgiveness after he must have realized that he profaned one of his cult objects.. ?!
                            Oh, that's just the ol' spill a drink on their feet and try to start a conversation trick.
                            Works with sneakers, not so much with open-toed shoes.

So'd you get lucky?
                            sain't

Comment

• profondo nero
                              • Aug 2012

I'd say he got,
                              as it made me ready for a bit of the old ultraviolence and he vanished soon after..

Comment

• trentk
                                • Oct 2010

fictional strangers reactions to person's e-cigarette and clothes: http://www.theonion.com/articles/man...ounty-h,34531/
                                "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎