Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex1017
    • Jul 2015

There is a Kei Ninomiya Mac coat I have my eye on. Might have to splurge. That coat is so cool.

Comment

• ann jp
      • Oct 2016

My friend told me this week I look like samurai, with the hakama pants and asked me if I have katana.
      Other friend told me I am strange because I wear a skirt and I am a man.

Comment

• DudleyGray
        • Jul 2013

Outfit: druid hoodie, Geo leather, phat pants, Ramones.

"You're going to be a weird old man."
        -my son, age 9
        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• richard_cao
          • Mar 2016

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post

-my son, age 9

Literally laugh out loud when read this hahaha. Your son is so cute!
          Never dress down.

Comment

• eleves
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            No, he doesn't. Here is my interview with Kei Ninomiya of noir.
            Thanks for sharing that again, it was a very interesting read. Upon reading, I realized that I have been interchanging Kei Ninomiya and Fumito Ganryu this entire time. That aside, based upon the intricacy of Kei's garments, does the coat that you have move the same as a traditional stitched garment or do any of the pieces/joints lock up or get stuck? Would love to see and feel some of his stuff in motion but unfortunately, I'm going to have to slim down a bit if I want to wear anything of his anytime soon!
            Originally posted by Faust
            HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• NOHSAD
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post

-my son, age 9
              haha. Wait 7-10 years from now, he may ask to wear some of the RO gear that you wore "back in the day" ^-^
              "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• Gauche
                • Nov 2010

Makes me wonder

For (the few?) SZ members whose children are already teenagers.
                Do they embrace your style? Or do they go in totally opposite direction?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                  Thanks for sharing that again, it was a very interesting read. Upon reading, I realized that I have been interchanging Kei Ninomiya and Fumito Ganryu this entire time. That aside, based upon the intricacy of Kei's garments, does the coat that you have move the same as a traditional stitched garment or do any of the pieces/joints lock up or get stuck? Would love to see and feel some of his stuff in motion but unfortunately, I'm going to have to slim down a bit if I want to wear anything of his anytime soon!
                  Let's say you don't want to suddenly grab an object off the top shelf, but otherwise there is no difference.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sir_Dope
                    • Apr 2016

I get many weird/funny/stupid reactions to my outfits, but one that stood out to me recently was so good I couldn't even get angry.

I was wearing my 2007 Dior Navigate Boots, with the AMI Carrot pants, tucked in black t-shirt, and a full-length herringbone tweed Crombie coat...

I was told by some chick that I looked like Count Olaf from Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events... LMAO

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

Him: translucent plastic frames, raw denim jacket, adidas basketball shorts and compression tights, neoprene DRKSHDW Ramones boots.

Me: hooded cardigan, geo tee, long faun hoodie, waxed Detroits, combats.

I was happy to see someone in my area wearing any Rick piece, but I couldn't help thinking in my head, “Ah you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it!”
                      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Looking at my Undercover Ian Curtis sweater, "Is that Phil Collins on your shirt?" Rest of the outfit was all BBS/m.a.+. Evidently...
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• derpington
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Looking at my Undercover Ian Curtis sweater, "Is that Phil Collins on your shirt?" Rest of the outfit was all BBS/m.a.+. Evidently...
                          Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to "Land of Confusion". In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. "In Too Deep" is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like "In the Air Tonight" and, uh, "Against All Odds". But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.

Comment

• broken_chairs
                            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by derpington View Post
                            Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to "Land of Confusion". In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. "In Too Deep" is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like "In the Air Tonight" and, uh, "Against All Odds". But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.
                            Davis, I'm not one to badmouth anyone, your joke was amusing, but c'mon man, it had one fatal flaw. Bateman is such a dork, such a boring spineless lightweight.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                              • Nov 2014

He's got great skin though.
                              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• mrbeuys
                                • May 2008

Patrick, where did you get that overnight bag?
                                [Throws dead body in the trunk and slams it] Jean Paul Gaultier.
                                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎