X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nictan
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
    I know, but this was the day after I tried to make him understand, and I was no more tolerant now. I don´t think the clothes I wear are better at all, but at least I´m not screaming for attention with wearing logo stuff, that´s the difference. I did try to point out the different, but the dude got it all wrong, as you can see.

And I´m not going to try to make people understand anymore. As you all say, it´s senseless.
    i came to that realization a long time ago. people who dont understand fashion or why we buy what we buy or wear what we wear will never understand, same goes to why i dont understand how some people can splash a few thousand dollars on bicycles etc.

different people, different interests.

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

A 5-year-old boy at a kids birthday party today: "You look like a crazy man!" Me: "Thank you."
      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• LP670
        • Sep 2009

People are usually just in awe when I step out in public.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Good, I haven't banned anyone in a few days.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by LP670 View Post
            People are usually just in awe when I step out in public.
            Maybe we would be in awe too if you would post a pic of what awe's the people when you step out in public.........
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• nictan
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
              A 5-year-old boy at a kids birthday party today: "You look like a crazy man!" Me: "Thank you."
              i went to school, dressed quite simply, (a black polo with dior skinnies).

my tutor: do you go to homeclub?
              me: whats that?
              tutor: oh apparently not then, but its a place where people go to listen to indie music, you like the emo indie kinda person
              me: okay, i guess not haha

and all i did was wear skinnies and a slim fit polo tee. imagine i had gone in drapes.

but den again, people from my side of the world arent very receptive of varying kinds of fashion, anything outside the 'norm' is ugly

Comment

• mamaboy
                • Mar 2008

getting out of gym in ro boots....homeless guy asks for money i say no then he says "nice boots who makes them?"...
                but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• Silk
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by mamaboy View Post
                  getting out of gym in ro boots....homeless guy asks for money i say no then he says "nice boots who makes them?"...
                  I would have thrown him some money for that

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

toes are overrated; i'm all about the arch.
                    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Should've whispered "lesbian."
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cabl3
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Should've slapped that ho.
                        fixed.
                        "If you want to tell the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
                        - Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by cabl3 View Post
                          fixed.
                          why? Is being called gay an insult equal to being slapped? Noone likes to be called something they're not, but dude. I'm not offended when someone thinks i'm straight, which DOES happen occasionally.

Comment

• cabl3
                            • Dec 2008

not at all...I didnt even look that much into it when I typed it.
                            by your standards then, even faust's initial comment can be interpreted as receiving the "gay" comment as an insult.
                            "If you want to tell the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
                            - Wilde

Comment

• jamberi
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                              If you're trying to make him understand where you're coming from and what you appreciate in clothing, insulting the clothing he chooses only makes you seem more pretentious than he, and further alienates you. Next time try objectively pointing out the differences between LUC and D&G, rather than ridiculing the man's label of choice.
                              The impermeability of anyone who doesn't understand your aesthetic sensibilities, fashion or otherwise, always makes it very easy to fall into cliches. It's easier to 'play a role' than really try to evaluate the situation, especially considering half of your conscious self is battling the deluge of self-loathing involved in any battle over justifying your own pursuits, desires, interests to other people who disapprove-- as if any rational being can't help but question the worth of his own position when others actively criticize it.
                              Last edited by jamberi; 09-09-2009, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

/\ deep

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎